Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL.Com Suggest Raiders Could Sign Phillip Rivers

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar

NFL.Com Suggest Raiders Could Sign Phillip Rivers

Lol! Yaaa riiiiight! I'd have a fucking aneurysm if the Raiders signed that bitch

Cry me a River can dink & dunk with the best, but anything past 15 yards is subject to being an INT!!!

Does it mean Pussyboy is history ?

Works for me.

Rivers is a statue and suffered behind the Chargless shitty OL. Never had a strong arm to begin with but is still a savvy vet that will throw guys open.

He'd be an acceptable bridge.

Just about anyone would be. As long as Carrbage gets the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Does it mean Pussyboy is history ?

Works for me.

Rivers is a statue and suffered behind the Chargless shitty OL. Never had a strong arm to begin with but is still a savvy vet that will throw guys open.

He'd be an acceptable bridge.

Just about anyone would be. As long as Carrbage gets the boot.
    bro,you'll regret saying that if it actually happened,thank god mm and gruden don't like rivers or teddy...stafford and cousins would be my choice if they came free but both are 30 million plus types something im not willing to pay em

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    bro,you'll regret saying that if it actually happened,thank god mm and gruden don't like rivers or teddy...stafford and cousins would be my choice if they came free but both are 30 million plus types something im not willing to pay em
    Bass, as long as Pussyboy gets kicked to the curb I will not regret whatever happens after that.

I have my preferences about who we replace Pussyboy with, but I'm not gonna cry if it turns out to be someone I don't like.

I also think you need to stop worrying so much about how much our next QB costs.

Ideally, our true franchise QB will be someone we draft and we can save money on during his rookie contract. That's why I'd like to see the Raiders move up and draft Tua.

But in the meantime, a non rookie QB is going to cost $$. I'd much rather pay Stafford 30 million than pay Pussyboy 21.5 million.

I told this board my plan months ago. We trade Pussyboy. If we're able to get a 2nd for him, we take that 2nd and package it with #12 and move up to grab Tua. We throw in another pick (a 3rd) if that's what it takes.

We sign Mariota as a bridge so we don't have to rush Tua and start him day one.

That gets us our franchise QB. We still have #19, two 3rds, and over 50 million in cap space to work with.

SB 2021.

LMAO @ regretting dumping Pussyboy for Rivers or anyone else. Never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Bass, as long as Pussyboy gets kicked to the curb I will not regret whatever happens after that.

I have my preferences about who we replace Pussyboy with, but I'm not gonna cry if it turns out to be someone I don't like.

I also think you need to stop worrying so much about how much our next QB costs.

Ideally, our true franchise QB will be someone we draft and we can save money on during his rookie contract. That's why I'd like to see the Raiders move up and draft Tua.

But in the meantime, a non rookie QB is going to cost $$. I'd much rather pay Stafford 30 million than pay Pussyboy 21.5 million.

I told this board my plan months ago. We trade Pussyboy. If we're able to get a 2nd for him, we take that 2nd and package it with #12 and move up to grab Tua. We throw in another pick (a 3rd) if that's what it takes.

We sign Mariota as a bridge so we don't have to rush Tua and start him day one.

That gets us our franchise QB. We still have #19, two 3rds, and over 50 million in cap space to work with.

SB 2021.

LMAO @ regretting dumping Pussyboy for Rivers or anyone else. Never going to happen.
    bro hell no to mm as a bridge and tua is gonna cost a whole lot more then #12 and a 2nd rd pick he could go as high as pick #3,we would have to throw in a 2nd and a 3rd plus a pick next yr to move to #3

bro hell no to mm as a bridge and tua is gonna cost a whole lot more then #12 and a 2nd rd pick he could go as high as pick #3,we would have to throw in a 2nd and a 3rd plus a pick next yr to move to #3
    You don't really know what going to happen with Tua....he could still be there at the 12th spot....look at what happened to Hurst; the guy was a first round pick; but because of a health scare, he really shot down the table and went in the 5th round...you know a team like Miami has really got to think about drafting Tua with the 3rd pick....he could be a great QB or just sitting on the bench or injured reserved.....

Now say this; say the raiders were drafting at pick number 3 (we got it from Chicago) and Mayock and Gruden were making all kinda noise that they are going to draft Tua....would you be ok with that..

OK, so we sweeten the deal and throw in another pick next year. Not the end of the world. Life is a gamble, bro.

We have the draft capital and cap space to do something NOW.

We're just spinning our wheels and wasting time putting off moving on from Pussyboy.

What do you want to do ? Stick with Pussyboy and go 6-10 or 8-8 next year ?

When 2021 rolls around, you'll be saying what do we need to do to move up and grab Lawrence or Fields.

Yeah, I know you think we'll go 10-6 next year. I don't think so, but even if we do, do you honestly believe Pussyboy can ever take us farther than that ?

Fuck no. You know darn well Pussyboy isn't the guy that's ever going to elevate the team and carry it to a Lombardi.

Seems to me the plan of the Carrbage defenders is to build an awesome HOF supporting cast and hope Carrbage goes along for a ride to the SB.

You really see that happening ?

Nope. I'll take my chances with a QB that's capable of overcoming adversity, elevating the team, and doing the carrying - instead of having a pussy that needs everything around him to be perfect in order to succeed.

Time to move on, bro. If you've got a better plan, I want to hear it. But sticking with Pussyboy for another season is a non-starter.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    You don't really know what going to happen with Tua....he could still be there at the 12th spot....look at what happened to Hurst; the guy was a first round pick; but because of a health scare, he really shot down the table and went in the 5th round...you know a team like Miami has really got to think about drafting Tua with the 3rd pick....he could be a great QB or just sitting on the bench or injured reserved.....

Now say this; say the raiders were drafting at pick number 3 (we got it from Chicago) and Mayock and Gruden were making all kinda noise that they are going to draft Tua....would you be ok with that..
    Super, I think you're right. Some team is going to move to 3 to take Tua. If they make the move before draft day they're going to be shitting their pants that another team will leapfrog them and take Tua with the 2nd pick. Then they'd wind up with Chase Young. Not a bad consolation prize, for sure - but not the QB they traded up for.

Remember when AL moved all the way up hoping to snag Orlando Pace but got leapfrogged and we wound up with Russell ?

Something similar could happen this year to the team moving to 3 to get Tua.

I predict Tua (provided the hip checks out) falls no lower than 3.