Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raiders To Let DeAndre Washington To Test Free Agent Market

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar

Raiders To Let DeAndre Washington To Test Free Agent Market

Not a shocker, once Jalen Richard got a new deal. We're going to need a bruiser who can tote it 20 times a game....knock on wood that we won't need it, but always nice to have that insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Not a shocker, once Jalen Richard got a new deal. We're going to need a bruiser who can tote it 20 times a game....knock on wood that we won't need it, but always nice to have that insurance.
    It's more than just insurance in case of JJ getting injured. We need someone that can hammer in short yardage situations and help carry the load. Cant have JJ getting 30 carries a game and expect him to last for long.

Gus Edwards would do very nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    It's more than just insurance in case of JJ getting injured. We need someone that can hammer in short yardage situations and help carry the load. Cant have JJ getting 30 carries a game and expect him to last for long.

Gus Edwards would do very nicely.
    I know a little bit about Gus ... Was a Miami Hurricane then transferred to Rutgers. As a Cane fan , I liked the kid a lot . Just never really got a fair shot to play because of Duke Johnson and be a feature back. Then went to Rutgers and balled out . The knock on him at Miami was that he ran high and didnít run big - for being a big back.

He has that long galloping stride which makes him look slower than he actually is .

Props to him for working on his game - lowering his pad level and getting that forward lean to his running form . You can tell he has worked on it bigtime compared to how he ran at Miami .

Would be a good cheap backup running back . Iíd would like to draft a young back like in the 5th or 6th round.... The kid I love in that spot is McFarland from Maryland. Homerun threat and runs hard.
    Last edited by NASSIMTHEDREAM; 02-11-2020 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NASSIMTHEDREAM View Post
    I know a little bit about Gus ... Was a Miami Hurricane then transferred to Rutgers. As a Cane fan , I liked the kid a lot . Just never really got a fair shot to play because of Duke Johnson and be a feature back. Then went to Rutgers and balled out . The knock on him at Miami was that he ran high and didn’t run big - for being a big back.

He has that long galloping stride which makes him look slower than he actually is .

Props to him for working on his game - lowering his pad level and getting that forward lean to his running form . You can tell he has worked on it bigtime compared to how he ran at Miami .

Would be a good cheap backup running back . I’d would like to draft a young back like in the 5th or 6th round.... The kid I love in that spot is McFarland from Maryland. Homerun threat and runs hard.
    sign gus to be the hammer,big,strong and hard to tackle back thats faster then he looks and we can sign him cheap

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    sign gus to be the hammer,big,strong and hard to tackle back thats faster then he looks and we can sign him cheap

would we rather have this guy than a late round rookie?

Quote Originally Posted by LA R8R View Post
    Edwards, 6-1 238, 2 years experience. The only thing is, he's an ERFA.

Quote Originally Posted by LA R8R View Post
    gus ain't making much anyway

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    gus ain't making much anyway
    ...and you have a good idea what you're getting in Gus.....vs 5th round or lower rookie....which is what we need behind JJ...and in compliment with Richard.