Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek Carr Current Trade Value

Derek Carr for a high second?

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNationPaul68 View Post

He's gone -- if we can sign a veteran as bridge to younger QB.

Carr is not the answer. We all know that. Even the strongest Carr supporters are saying that if we give him even more weapons and he still can't win in 2020, he should be gone. That's not a vote of confidence to me.

Think about it.

Tom Brady played behind an offensive line that was nowhere as good as Carr's and with offensive weapons nowhere as good as what Carr had in 2019. Yet Brady's record was 12-4, with 3 more touchdown passes and 107 more points scored (420 to 313).

Imagine how excited Brady would be to have another Gronk-like TE in Waller? Or a running back with the quality of Josh Jacobs? Or a young, possession receiver like Hunter Renfrow? Or a running back out of the backfield like Jalen Richard?

Brady would use these weapons, throw TD passes and, most importantly, score points. With 107 more points scored, we would have easily been in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post

Carr is not the answer. We all know that. Even the strongest Carr supporters are saying that if we give him even more weapons and he still can't win in 2020, he should be gone. That's not a vote of confidence to me.

Think about it.

Tom Brady played behind an offensive line that was nowhere as good as Carr's and with offensive weapons nowhere as good as what Carr had in 2019. Yet Brady's record was 12-4, with 3 more touchdown passes and 107 more points scored (420 to 313).

Imagine how excited Brady would be to have another Gronk-like TE in Waller? Or a running back with the quality of Josh Jacobs? Or a young, possession receiver like Hunter Renfrow? Or a running back out of the backfield like Jalen Richard?

Brady would use these weapons, throw TD passes and, most importantly, score points. With 107 more points scored, we would have easily been in the playoffs.
    Im against any brady talk but i cannot argue these facts

derek carr isn't going anywhere this yr and the only qb i would trade for is stafford to replace carr with but i doubt detroit does something so stupid

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    derek carr isn't going anywhere this yr and the only qb i would trade for is stafford to replace carr with but i doubt detroit does something so stupid
    I like the idea of Stafford on the Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    I agree 90% with this. Bridgewater is the only other one I see on the market that I might be interested in. But, is he an upgrade over Carr? Like I said on the other thread, as much as I like Carr, I believe he is part of the problem. Just not a big enough part to dump him this season. Get the offensive weapons, let him run with it, and draft a QB to see what they have. I wouldn't be opposed to Jalen Hurts, as long as he isn't thrown in the fire from the beginning. Let him sit a year

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan43 View Post
    i agree 90% with this. Bridgewater is the only other one i see on the market that i might be interested in. But, is he an upgrade over carr? Like i said on the other thread, as much as i like carr, i believe he is part of the problem. Just not a big enough part to dump him this season. Get the offensive weapons, let him run with it, and draft a qb to see what they have. I wouldn't be opposed to jalen hurts, as long as he isn't thrown in the fire from the beginning. Let him sit a year
    i like hurts but i don't see him becoming a starter in the n.f.l his style and skills wont translate imo

Think about it.

Ok here we go again... repeat button.

Brady had:
    solid #2 in a vet Sanu
    10th year security blanket & Super Bowl MVP Edelman.
    1st round WR rookie
    3 RBs who has big contributing playoff & Super Bowl championship experience.
    The #1 D in the NFL
    Best HC in NFL history Bill Belichick
    OL taught by arguably the best OL coach in history Dante Scarnecchia
    Returning continuity up and down the field.

Carr had:
    Top WR NEVER had a 100 yard game in his life (not HS not college)
    1st year starting TE
    1st year starting RB (who hasn’t been a starter since HS)
    The worst OL coach in the NFL
    The worst 6 year run by a D in the HISTORY of the NFL
    An entire offseason built around a player that would leave right before game #1
    Least amount of returning experience for a QB in the NFL

All that and Brady finished 17th in QBR while Carr finished 10th.

With all that said, I’d rather have Carr’s weapons going foreword in future seasons because continuity will grow.
    But when everyone on the field is a 1st year starter and all your offseason attention was getting familiar with a guy that will leave the team? That’s just plain shitty.

It’s time for the front office to put a legit team around Carr.
    If Carr can’t deliver with solid (not all time great support) just...good and solid support? Then he’ll be shown the door.

I don’t think anyone disagrees with that. Not even the biggest if Carr fans.

But 1st the front office has to hold their end of the bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    Ok here we go again... repeat button.

Brady had:
    solid #2 in a vet Sanu
    10th year security blanket & Super Bowl MVP Edelman.
    1st round WR rookie
    3 RBs who has big contributing playoff & Super Bowl championship experience.
    The #1 D in the NFL
    Best HC in NFL history Bill Belichick
    OL taught by arguably the best OL coach in history Dante Scarnecchia
    Returning continuity up and down the field.

Carr had:
    Top WR NEVER had a 100 yard game in his life (not HS not college)
    1st year starting TE
    1st year starting RB (who hasn’t been a starter since HS)
    The worst OL coach in the NFL
    The worst 6 year run by a D in the HISTORY of the NFL
    An entire offseason built around a player that would leave right before game #1
    Least amount of returning experience for a QB in the NFL

All that and Brady finished 17th in QBR while Carr finished 10th.

With all that said, I’d rather have Carr’s weapons going foreword in future seasons because continuity will grow.
    But when everyone on the field is a 1st year starter and all your offseason attention was getting familiar with a guy that will leave the team? That’s just plain shitty.

It’s time for the front office to put a legit team around Carr.
    If Carr can’t deliver with solid (not all time great support) just...good and solid support? Then he’ll be shown the door.

I don’t think anyone disagrees with that. Not even the biggest if Carr fans.

But 1st the front office has to hold their end of the bargain.
    Carr has all the physical skills needed to carry a team anywhere but there are 2 things that he doesnt have and they can`t be taught.......Courage and Will to win. That has been proven by the eye test since he signed his contract after the broken leg.

Think about it.

Do you know the Patriots roster? Why would Tom Brady be more excited to play with Renfroe then he would be with Edelman? Why would he be more excited to play with Jalen Richard then he would be with James White. Both patriot players are superior to the Raider player. He won a super bowl with Sony Michel and Michels play down the stretch last year was the main reason for that ring. Yes, the Raiders offensive line is better than the Patriots and yes Waller is better than the Patriots tight end. He wouldn't be excited to play for this pathetic defense.
    I'm going to break down the reason the Patriots were 12-4 and the Raiders were 7-9

Drives Pts per Drive. Def Pts per drive def turnover per drive

NE 185(3) 1.99(18) 1.02(1) .183(2)
    OAK 160(27) 1.87(19) 2.51(31) .089(32)

We score at about the same rate as NE. NE gets more possessions because the defense creates turnovers and keeps teams from scoring. The Raiders are the opposite, we allow teams to score and don't create turnovers. It doesn't hurt that NE defense scored 5 touchdowns. NE had 25 more drives. More drives more points. The Raiders defense will not help him out get him more possessions. The defense won't score more TD's and this defense will still give up long drives and touchdowns. That is where the 107 more points come from.
    Last edited by psly2124; 02-14-2020 at 02:31 PM.