Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris jones

We'd have to offer him an insane amount of money AND the Chiefs would have to regulate him to a franchise tag right? Or else why leave a young Super Bowl contender.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    Chiefs have to be really careful; Mahomes agent has not made any noise yet and maybe they are waiting to see what the free agent market brings for a QB in a couple of weeks....but the Chiefs really need to get Mahomes signed to a long-term contract now; because if they wait could result in way more expensive contract....

Is Jones going to want Donald money? I think he might. I can't see how the Chiefs don't franchise him and if they don't sign him trade him. Did they franchise Dee Ford last year, and can a team franchise someone in back to back years?

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Is Jones going to want Donald money? I think he might. I can't see how the Chiefs don't franchise him and if they don't sign him trade him. Did they franchise Dee Ford last year, and can a team franchise someone in back to back years?
    holdout could be coming to force the chiefs hand on this issue,chris jones might command exactly what donald is making 23.5 per yr

holdout could be coming to force the chiefs hand on this issue,chris jones might command exactly what donald is making 23.5 per yr
    That's a lot of money, he's a very good player. They will be looking for at least a 1st and a 2nd round pick. Zero chance he hits the open market. Also I don't see how the Chiefs don't franchise him to at least get some compensation for him. You are right he will holdout because he won't sign the franchise tag.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Ford was franchise tagged. Yes, franchise tag is available annually. Kirk Cousins was tagged, 2-3 times by the Skins.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Chiefs have to be really careful; Mahomes agent has not made any noise yet and maybe they are waiting to see what the free agent market brings for a QB in a couple of weeks....but the Chiefs really need to get Mahomes signed to a long-term contract now; because if they wait could result in way more expensive contract....
    Yes, but that's how it has always gone, they will wait for the next domino to fall, before committing.....right now Russell Wilson holds the pole position at 35 million per. Mahomes has 1 year left and a 5th year team option. For the Chiefs, the time is right to get the commitment......they'll probably want 5 years.....Mahomes will probably want 3-4 years, which right now he'll get 37 per.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Yes, but that's how it has always gone, they will wait for the next domino to fall, before committing.....right now Russell Wilson holds the pole position at 35 million per. Mahomes has 1 year left and a 5th year team option. For the Chiefs, the time is right to get the commitment......they'll probably want 5 years.....Mahomes will probably want 3-4 years, which right now he'll get 37 per.
    Going in, Mahomes will want 40M per.
    That’s his floor.
    And he’ll get it. I still think he gets closer to 43. Hello salary cap

Damn that’s just too much $.

I’ll be shocked if he’s not franchise tagged. They have a 1 year Super Bowl Window until Mahomes dick punches the chiefs salary cap