Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 56

Thread: Raiders record breaking D! WOW!!!

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Garner25 View Post
    Still has nothing to do with turfing it on 4th down,fumbling out of the end zone twice, and shiting the bed against the chiefs everytime..which means generally wont win the division if he cant beat them..Cant play in cold weather, playing scared..what does the D have to do with all that? Didnt score a seconed half point for a calender month...D has nothing to do with that..
    I've tried asking these questions a long time ago, you will not get any answers that deal directly with your questions. Instead it will be the same misdirection answers...bad defense, no true #1 receiver, etc...

  2. #22
    Our offense has averaged less than 20 points per game three seasons in a row.

    The only team with a longer streak in recent history is the Browns from 2012-2017.

    Is this also going to be pinned on poor defense?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    Our offense has averaged less than 20 points per game three seasons in a row.

    The only team with a longer streak in recent history is the Browns from 2012-2017.

    Is this also going to be pinned on poor defense?
    Didn't know that. Nice find.

    Numbers would actually be alot worse if you took away Pussyboy's stat padding, but meaningless, last second TD's scored against 'prevent' defenses in blowout losses.

    Fun fact: Raiders scored a total of 88 points over the last 6 games with the playoffs on the line. That's less than 15 points a game after Gregg Williams exposed Carrbage.

    One of the TDs Pussyboy gets credit for was a last second stat padder against KC.

    So Pussyboy actually put up less than 14 points a game with the playoffs on the line.

    That's how you go 1-5 down the stretch.

    Mediocre Pussy Loser

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    Our offense has averaged less than 20 points per game three seasons in a row.

    The only team with a longer streak in recent history is the Browns from 2012-2017.

    Is this also going to be pinned on poor defense?
    yeah and if we had the patriots defense giving up and avg of 14 pts per game while offense avg 19 pts per game what would our record be then,would we be in the playoffs...answer yes

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    San Bernardino
    Posts
    1,625
    This is a Never Ending argument that goes in fucking circles. I dont think anyone is changing there opinion on Derek Carr. For the good or bad. Its dominating almost every thread. I can spew out my bottom line but it doest matter. Its getting ridiculous. Gona be a long off-season

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by APROVO View Post
    This is a Never Ending argument that goes in fucking circles. I dont think anyone is changing there opinion on Derek Carr. For the good or bad. Its dominating almost every thread. I can spew out my bottom line but it doest matter. Its getting ridiculous. Gona be a long off-season
    Agree with that...but its the most pressing Raider topic right now..No matter who is our QB we need to figure it out ASAP..Unfortunately this could be a long next 10 plus years as long as fuckin Kermit Mahomes and Reid are there.Reid is imo a HOF coach now and Mahomes has the chance to be the GOAT at QB...Yes all teams lose major pieces but as long as the Coach/QB are there they will be in it every year..i just cringe to think of another decade of this, cuz weve already seen basically 20 years of losing..i came up as a fan in the early 80's and i still have a hard time with the hole weve been in for this long...FFS we gotta draft good this year and right the ship...otherwise living in KC will be a living nightmare...
    Fu#k The Rest

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    Our offense has averaged less than 20 points per game three seasons in a row.

    The only team with a longer streak in recent history is the Browns from 2012-2017.

    Is this also going to be pinned on poor defense?
    It's part of the problem. 60 minutes in a game and when the defense can't get off the field, it limits possessions. Two years ago the offense was a disgrace and was talentless. Last year the talent was better. In those three years i can almost guarantee the Raiders had the least amount of possessions. They had the least amount of turnovers in that time frame. When the defense creates turnovers it means more possessions. More possessions, more scoring opportunities.
    Oak the past three years 492 possesions. Dead last in the NFL in the three year period 164 per year
    Chargers had 496

    In 2016 we had 189 possessions which was good enough for 3rd in the league and a 12-4 record. The defense was terrible but was 2nd in the league in creating turnovers.
    Offense can use a playmaker on the outside, which will help in the red zone.
    Now the offense has been able to get yards and time of possession but it can't punch it in. Points per possesion isn't good. Playcalling in the red zone has been terrible as well. I recall two reverses inside the 5 yard line that fumbled. Those are always terrible calls.
    Last edited by psly2124; 02-05-2020 at 09:01 AM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    It's part of the problem. 60 minutes in a game and when the defense can't get off the field, it limits possessions. Two years ago the offense was a disgrace and was talentless. Last year the talent was better. In those three years i can almost guarantee the Raiders had the least amount of possesions. They had the least amount of turnovers in that time frame. When hte defense creates turnovers it means more possessions. More possesions, more scoring opportunities.
    Oak the past three years 492 possesions. Dead last in the NFL
    Chargers had 496
    ask tom brady what its like to have a top defense yr in and yr out,lots more ops,always in great field position to score,lots of time starting inside the opponents 40 yd line due to turnovers mplus it nice to know you don't have to score a lot and still win a game

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    ask tom brady what its like to have a top defense yr in and yr out,lots more ops,always in great field position to score,lots of time starting inside the opponents 40 yd line due to turnovers mplus it nice to know you don't have to score a lot and still win a game
    Last year the Raiders gave up 2.51 points per possession on defense. The only team worse was the Dolphins. Only three teams scored more than 2.51 per possession. KC, NO and Bal. in 2018 the defense gave up 2.61 points per possession which was dead last. Again only three teams scored more. KC, NO, and Rams. So unless the Raiders can put out a top 3 offense they cannot win. Can we match up with those teams man for man on the skill positions? Absolutely not.

    In 2017 the defense gave up 2.13 points per possession was good for 30th in the league. Houston was last at 2.18.

    Last year New England gave up 1.02 points per possession. Best in the league. In 2018 1.78 good for 7th and in 2017 1.65 (6th)
    Last edited by psly2124; 02-05-2020 at 09:46 AM.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Didn't know that. Nice find.

    Numbers would actually be alot worse if you took away Pussyboy's stat padding, but meaningless, last second TD's scored against 'prevent' defenses in blowout losses.

    Fun fact: Raiders scored a total of 88 points over the last 6 games with the playoffs on the line. That's less than 15 points a game after Gregg Williams exposed Carrbage.

    One of the TDs Pussyboy gets credit for was a last second stat padder against KC.

    So Pussyboy actually put up less than 14 points a game with the playoffs on the line.

    That's how you go 1-5 down the stretch.

    Mediocre Pussy Loser
    To add insult to injury, we also possessed the football for 31 minutes per game while our opponents had the ball for 29 minutes per game, yet we still couldn’t get the ball in the end zone.

    Scoring 88 points per game over the last 6 games of the season, not scoring more than 20 points per game for three consecutive seasons, ranking dead last or near dead last in air yards per attempt for the last 2-3 seasons, and yet we blame the defense for these shortcomings?

    We’re winning the time of possession battle yet we’re still unable to get the rock into the end zone (fumbling it across the line doesn’t count). If we’re winning the time of possession battle, shouldn’t the offense have ample time to score?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •