Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Rumors Raiders Favored To Sign Tom Brady Buys Property In Nevada

Quote Originally Posted by Raidernation24 View Post
    As I have said for a month now, this has real legs and signing Brady to be a bridge QB for a young rookie makes a ton of sense. Carr isnt going to want to be a bridge QB for any team. Brady would also make the Raiders the top FA target in the nfl for other players.
    A top free agent target because of Brady? You have a laundry list of free agents that went to NE because of Brady?
    A bunch of WRs dying to play with a 43 year old QB?

“Bridge QB”
    With Carr and a much improved team this team is a playoff team
    same with Brady.
    However you slice is, what 1st round pick do we have to secure a rookie franchise QB? At worst we’ll be in the teens. We no longer have multiple 1sts. We won’t be near the top 5 to get a good franchise rookie QB.

I never liked Tom Brady but I respect his game. WINNING for me is more important then anything. I want to WIN. And if giving Carr the boot and bringing in Brady does that, the heck with everything else.
    Last edited by fad; 02-02-2020 at 09:27 AM.

If New England is offering him 30 mill a yr and we have to offer him more than that to get him? I hope we dont choose to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Christ View Post
    If New England is offering him 30 mill a yr and we have to offer him more than that to get him? I hope we dont choose to do that.
    All the chat and rumors arent innocent. Its a leverage game. Strong probability this is Brady's camp attempt to start putting pressure on NE.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    A top free agent target because of Brady? You have a laundry list of free agents that went to NE because of Brady?
    A bunch of WRs dying to play with a 43 year old QB?

“Bridge QB”
    With Carr and a much improved team this team is a playoff team
    same with Brady.
    However you slice is, what 1st round pick do we have to secure a rookie franchise QB? At worst we’ll be in the teens. We no longer have multiple 1sts. We won’t be near the top 5 to get a good franchise rookie QB.
    You are kidding yourself if 90% of players wouldnt be drawn to playing with Brady still.

Tom Brady QB, New England Patriots
    NBC Sports Boston's Tom Curran reports the Patriots are willing to "extend" to re-sign Tom Brady.

The Chargers and Raiders have emerged as potential landing spots for Brady if New England doesn't meet his demands. The Patriots know that Brady won't be cutting them a hometown discount this time around. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported earlier Sunday that New England is willing to pay Brady $30+ million per year. Brady returning to New England is the most logical outcome.

ps ok,so 30+ million a yr who thinks this is a good idea for the raiders ??? i don't,i think it would asinine to sign a guy whom is going on 43 yrs old and starting to fall off of a cliff

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    Tom Brady QB, New England Patriots
    NBC Sports Boston's Tom Curran reports the Patriots are willing to "extend" to re-sign Tom Brady.

The Chargers and Raiders have emerged as potential landing spots for Brady if New England doesn't meet his demands. The Patriots know that Brady won't be cutting them a hometown discount this time around. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported earlier Sunday that New England is willing to pay Brady $30+ million per year. Brady returning to New England is the most logical outcome.

ps ok,so 30+ million a yr who thinks this is a good idea for the raiders ??? i don't,i think it would asinine to sign a guy whom is going on 43 yrs old and starting to fall off of a cliff
    Whether signing Brady is a good idea or not, is irrelevant. I think the loudest message being sent here is to Derek Carr by management. They are not confident in him as a franchise QB and if he's still behind center come opening day. He better start producing or even he has to know at that point. He's done as the franchise QB for the Raiders.

If they have Carr off the books with a 5 M$ dead cap hit I think they can fit it well amd add other players.

Whatever they think is best... I love Carr and would support him if he stays but gosh would I understand it too if they moved on. He hasnt been winning or pushed us towards winning football in a while. At some point you want to see him elevate the team but it never comes to reality.

Also I know Carr hates these rumors but he just had to make things clear with his play he IS the guy and he didnt plain and simple.

After week 1 I thought the DC of 2016 was back but it seems like that fire didnt last. Reverted back to his conservatism/ too concerned to operate the system over just playing and making stuff happen style..

Really sad but I am now convinced the Raiders want to move on, its just a question of is there a better available option.

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fad View Post
    I never liked Tom Brady but I respect his game. WINNING for me is more important then anything. I want to WIN. And if giving Carr the boot and bringing in Brady does that, the heck with everything else.
    Brady = Wins
    Carr = Losses