Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: I laugh at those who think Herbert isnt top prospect.

Carr is a poor man's of Alex Smith. The knock on Smith was even though he was statistically accurate and didn't throw many picks. He couldn't stretch the field and played conservative to a fault. I see Carr that same way except he's not as good as Alex Smith at this stage.
    Last edited by Bama_Raider; 01-30-2020 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bama_raider View Post
    carr is a poor man's of alex smith. The knock on smith was even though he was statistically accurate and didn't throw many picks. He couldn't stretch the field and played conservative to a fault. I see carr that same way except he's not as good as alex smith at this stage.
    totally bogus claim,you check alex smiths last yr in kc and tell me he was a check down qb,once the weapons were in place he threw to em long and carr will be the sameway imo

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Raider View Post
    Carr is a poor man's of Alex Smith. The knock on Smith was even though he was statistically accurate and didn't throw many picks. He couldn't stretch the field and played conservative to a fault. I see Carr that same way except he's not as good as Alex Smith at this stage.
    Pretty accurate but Smith is definitely a much more cerebral player than Carr. Carr is a whole lot of emotion. I took a few minutes to listen to his interviews over the years and it’s nothing but cheerleader type talk, and of course about his faith .. nothing wrong with that but there isn’t much substance in what he says ..

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    totally bogus claim,you check alex smiths last yr in kc and tell me he was a check down qb,once the weapons were in place he threw to em long and carr will be the sameway imo
    To each their own. I don't think Carr's even as good as Alex Smith before Smith got some weapons around him. Hence "Poor man's Alex Smith". Granted, I don't cling onto every tidbit that comes out of the media. But, the "Gruden/Mayock not sold on Carr" stuff isn't completely without basis. It's starting to get legs in more credible and reputable football circles.

Smith was OK. Never lived up to his #1 overall status. Like Carrbage, not known for pushing the ball downfield.

Smith was a far better runner than Pussboy and used his legs effectively.

Smith >> Carr

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Smith was OK. Never lived up to his #1 overall status. Like Carrbage, not known for pushing the ball downfield.

Smith was a far better runner than Pussboy and used his legs effectively.

Smith >> Carr
    Both came from similar one read offenses, they spread the field, just like at Fresno St with Carr, telling him this is where you go. Smith learned offenses and worked within what he was given, making smart decisions, playing football. Carr has a combination of David Carr training and the Fresno single read offense, not a good mix.

Alex Smith played a good number of years in the NFL for QB being drafted as a number 1 pick....I think he had a better career than say, David Carr, Tim Couch and Sam Bradford who all went at number 1....

even with him being draft at number 1 spot....he was never regarded as a bust, he did have a good nfl career...

22-33 for 311 yards with 1 TD, 1 INT, 18 rush yards, 1 rush TD and numerous big plays to extend drives against the defending champions .. all in his 1st start .. it's obviously too early to draw any conclusions ..but I doubt Raidernation24 is laughing as hard as he was when he created this thread..

94 rating

8.5 intended air yards (top half of the league)

15.2 in aggression (middle of the pack)

4.6% completion percentage ABOVE expected completion percentage

Quote Originally Posted by doctorraider View Post
    22-33 for 311 yards with 1 td, 1 int, 18 rush yards, 1 rush td and numerous big plays to extend drives against the defending champions .. All in his 1st start .. It's obviously too early to draw any conclusions ..but i doubt raidernation24 is laughing as hard as he was when he created this thread..

94 rating

8.5 intended air yards (top half of the league)

15.2 in aggression (middle of the pack)

4.6% completion percentage above expected completion percentage
    that loss was on anthony lynn not going for it on 4th down and 1

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    that loss was on anthony lynn not going for it on 4th down and 1
    Or on Herbert throwing throwing that interception across his body. When he could have walked for the first down on the rollout. Nobody was within 10 yards of him.