Thread: nevin lawson re-signed

nevin lawson re-signed

Nevin Lawson DB, Las Vegas Raiders
    Raiders signed CB Nevin Lawson to a one-year, $3.29 million contract extension.

The six-year vet logged 24 tackles over 11 games including five starts for the Raiders in 2019. Lawson saw scarce usage early in the year but was afforded more opportunities down the stretch following Gareon Conley's trade to Houston. The 28-year-old will serve a one-game suspension to begin the year after using his helmet "as a weapon" in Oakland's Week 17 loss to Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post

The six-year vet logged 24 tackles over 11 games including five starts for the Raiders in 2019. Lawson saw scarce usage early in the year but was afforded more opportunities down the stretch following Gareon Conley's trade to Houston. The 28-year-old will serve a one-game suspension to begin the year after using his helmet "as a weapon" in Oakland's Week 17 loss to Denver.
    Good signing. Nevin has some ability. Adequate back up corner that flashed starter potential. Very good special teams player. Can see him sticking in 2020 and contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post

I thought he played fairly well last season once he settled in. I'd keep him as a slot corner and move Joyner to safety since we can't cut him.

That's a nice little raise for Lawson.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    I thought he played fairly well last season once he settled in. I'd keep him as a slot corner and move Joyner to safety since we can't cut him.
    yeah move on from joseph,joiner never played slot well on defense he broke out once he switch to safety for the rams

Playing Joyner in the slot was the dumbest thing we did all year. FS is his best position and that's where he needs to be.