Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Derek Carr Unmoved About QB Rumor Mill Plans Taking First Snap In New Stadium

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar

Derek Carr Unmoved About QB Rumor Mill Plans Taking First Snap In New Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNationPaul68 View Post
    This will piss off the Carr haters

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    https://www.reviewjournal.com/videos...ncement-video/

Carr happy to be a Las Vegas Raider forever.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNationPaul68 View Post
    https://www.reviewjournal.com/videos...ncement-video/

Carr happy to be a Las Vegas Raider forever.
    carr open as the starting qb 2020 after that all bets are off if the team doesn't make the playoffs...

"All of these things that [you'd think] everyone would be like, 'Yes, we're going the right way. Everything's getting better, and we know where we need to add things and where we [need] help.' You would think that that would be the story. But that's not how it works. And I understand that now," Carr said.

"Especially when people are seen with certain people. It's like, 'Oh, gosh. Well, I was at dinner with [Davis] last night. Does that count for anything?' Golly. It's just funny. But I'm used to it now. But I'll say it this way: I look forward to taking the first snap in that stadium, and I look forward to taking every snap from here on out -- until I'm done."
    =========

Me thinks Derek doth protest a little too much.

Seems a bit sensitive.

Beneath all the bluster about 'looking forward to taking every snap from here on out -- until I'm done', he knows very well (or should know) his status as the Raider QB is anything but a certainty.

He has no control over his fate. It's not up to him.

He could very well be done before ever taking a snap in Vegas.

If we're lucky that will be the case.

ABC
    Last edited by RAIDERMAN818; 01-23-2020 at 10:54 AM.

I do not think Gruden will be push to get rid of Carr if there a replacement....

The Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    I do not think Gruden will be push to get rid of Carr if there a replacement....
    Traded Ken Stabler when his knees were shot and he began slipping a little. They also traded Dave Casper when he got older, as well as Phil Villapiano.

The bottom line is winning. You can pass for 4,000 yards, throw 25 TDs against 8 INTs but it really doesn't matter in the scheme of things unless you win. Carr has not won consistently. He's had one winning season since he was drafted. Is all of it his fault? No, but he has not elevated the play of those around him. He makes stupid mistakes. He gets rid of the ball too quickly. He gets sacked too easily. He doesn't extend plays consistently. Give him a clean pocket with wide open receivers and Carr can make the throw.

Carr seems incensed that anyone would question whether or not he will be in Vegas. He's getting tired of hearing the rumors. You know how you get rid of the rumors? Win. It's that simple, little Derek. You win. You don't throw the ball into the stands. You don't ground the ball on fourth down. You don't extend the ball to the pilon and fumble. You win.

Frankly, Carr's attitude makes me sick. He should be in a competitive situation every season. He should fight for his job as hard as he should fight for every yard and every first down.

I'm sorry. What a freakin' baby.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    Traded Ken Stabler when his knees were shot and he began slipping a little. They also traded Dave Casper when he got older, as well as Phil Villapiano.

The bottom line is winning. You can pass for 4,000 yards, throw 25 TDs against 8 INTs but it really doesn't matter in the scheme of things unless you win. Carr has not won consistently. He's had one winning season since he was drafted. Is all of it his fault? No, but he has not elevated the play of those around him. He makes stupid mistakes. He gets rid of the ball too quickly. He gets sacked too easily. He doesn't extend plays consistently. Give him a clean pocket with wide open receivers and Carr can make the throw.

Carr seems incensed that anyone would question whether or not he will be in Vegas. He's getting tired of hearing the rumors. You know how you get rid of the rumors? Win. It's that simple, little Derek. You win. You don't throw the ball into the stands. You don't ground the ball on fourth down. You don't extend the ball to the pilon and fumble. You win.

Frankly, Carr's attitude makes me sick. He should be in a competitive situation every season. He should fight for his job as hard as he should fight for every yard and every first down.

I'm sorry. What a freakin' baby.
    Yep. It's almost as if he's offended by the thought of being replaced and completely disregards the possibility that it could actually happen.

Pussyboy needs a reality check.

It's disgusting hearing him say 'Everything's getting better, and we know where we need to add things and where we [need] help' as if he's above it all and doesn't need to play better himself.

Dumbass comes off like he thinks he's playing at an elite MVP level and can't be replaced. Complete lack of self awareness. Complete lack of situational awareness too, that is to say --- he apparently doesn't understand that the moment the Raiders decide it's beneficial to move on from him, he will be gone. It's not his fucking choice.

Carrbage is heading for a very rude awakening. The sooner it happens the better.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Yep. It's almost as if he's offended by the thought of being replaced and completely disregards the possibility that it could actually happen.

Pussyboy needs a reality check.

It's disgusting hearing him say 'Everything's getting better, and we know where we need to add things and where we [need] help' as if he's above it all and doesn't need to play better himself.

Dumbass comes off like he thinks he's playing at an elite MVP level and can't be replaced. Complete lack of self awareness. Complete lack of situational awareness too, that is to say --- he apparently doesn't understand that the moment the Raiders decide it's beneficial to move on from him, he will be gone. It's not his fucking choice.

Carrbage is heading for a very rude awakening. The sooner it happens the better.
    Can you guys blame him? Unfortunately, God didn't bless him with the greatest of minds so we probably shouldn't expect him to "get it". How can we expect to see the light bulb switch on if the light bulb simply isn't there? Perhaps Carr's calling is after all to serve as a Pastor, where his emotion and blind faith will count for something...

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    Can you guys blame him? Unfortunately, God didn't bless him with the greatest of minds so we probably shouldn't expect him to "get it". How can we expect to see the light bulb switch on if the light bulb simply isn't there? Perhaps Carr's calling is after all to serve as a Pastor, where his emotion and blind faith will count for something...
    sad that people think the wonderlic test shows how smart a guy is does anyone know what his gpa was ??? was he a D student ??? or an A student ??? SAYING GOD DIDN'T BLESS HIM WITH THE GREATEST MIND DUE TO A WONDERLIC SCORE OF 20 IS NUTS !!!