Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Jeremiah 2020 mock draft 1.0 - 4 QBs in top 15

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    or go get littleton from the rams whom are tight against it with big deals still to come for prize cb addition and wr kupp,littleton is a stud,smart with sideline to sideline speed and can cover great too
    This. I'd rather get a stud LB that is a known quantity in the NFL and double dip on WR with Lamb/Ruggs. We need more speed on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by srfndoc View Post
    This. I'd rather get a stud LB that is a known quantity in the NFL and double dip on WR with Lamb/Ruggs. We need more speed on offense.
    would love to see this happen,it would allow us to trade down with one of our 1st rd picks to add the 2nd rd pick we lost to chicago,imagine if we got littleton at mlb then got cee dee with pick 12,trade down from pick 19 to 29-32 pick up the 2nd rd pick get a cb or one of the top olb,oline guys or dline guys whom fell and still have a 2nd and 3x 3rds to go

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    That's not what I'm saying at all actually. I fully agree with you that dual-threat QB's have to be able to process info quickly as well. The part you're not acknowledging is that a dual-threat QB has the option & ability to make a play with his legs when under pressure, which is a massive advantage that most QB's do not possess. Therefore from a logical standpoint, dual-threat QB's and traditional pocket passers must be evaluated differently, which I'm sure all NFL teams do anyway, with or without the wonderlic score being accounted for.

Scenario

Student A: Above average score (30), no calculator use permitted on next exam

Student B: Below average score (20), no calculator use permitted on next exam

Student C: Below average score (20), calculator use permitted on next exam

Which student will perform most poorly on the next exam? Hint, it's Student B

The advantageous use of a calculator by Student C is similar to the advantage a dual-threat QB has; an asset/tool/weapon that neither student A or B have

It would be plausible that Student C would elevate his grade beyond a score of 20 on his subsequent exam because he'll have a calculator at his disposal, while Student B's score would remain idle at 20

Which student's performance could you compare Student B with? Hint, it's Student A
    student A still wins BECAUSE HE UNDERSTANDS THE PROBLEM AND HOW TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM TO GET THE ANSWER

student b and student c dont have the knowledge to solve the problem,so a calculator doesn't help at all

this is strictly about math students,i was advanced in math and always finished top of the class in solving math problems with or without a calculator but most of the class struggled and took the entire 40 minutes to finish their test and still got c's or d's cause they didn't know how to solve the problem,the calculator only helps slow student whom know how to solve the problem finish faster

Quote Originally Posted by srfndoc View Post
    We need more speed on offense.
    We sure do. Ruggs is just the guy to provide it too.

Of course with DC at QB, Ruggs will just be a decoy, but he'll be a true weapon for our next QB.

Speed kills.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    We sure do. Ruggs is just the guy to provide it too.

Of course with DC at QB, Ruggs will just be a decoy, but he'll be a true weapon for our next QB.

Speed kills.
    i dont think so,pre season 2019 derek carr was slinging it to jj nelson quite a bit on long bombs,same for twill,others like keon hatcher whom we cut for martavis,once the season began jj nelson/ryan grant went lame,twill got plantars and then we added zay,keelan doss and junk,i remember the long throws cause we were all surprised,most of us thought jj nelson was gonna be a breakout player for us and a long ball weapon for the yr,we also had that rookie wr that carr loved to throw to but we ended up cutting him at the end,tried to stash keelan doss but he got signed off of squad and we ended up giving a pick to get him back cause he knew the playbook
    Last edited by mstrbass2000; 01-23-2020 at 03:33 PM.

Bass, Pussyboy goes deep about as frequently as he uses his legs to run for a first down.

ALMOST NEVER.

He has ample opportunities to do both, but doesn't. Not his game.

Carrbage is all about getting rid of the ball quickly. Might get hit if he holds the rock.

Gotten to the point where we consider any pass more than 10 yards downfield to be a Pussyboy bomb.

LMAO @ Pussyboy going deep. What games are you watching, bro ?

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Bass, Pussyboy goes deep about as frequently as he uses his legs to run for a first down.

ALMOST NEVER.

He has ample opportunities to do both, but doesn't. Not his game.

Carrbage is all about getting rid of the ball quickly. Might get hit if he holds the rock.

Gotten to the point where we consider any pass more than 10 yards downfield to be a Pussyboy bomb.

LMAO @ Pussyboy going deep. What games are you watching, bro ?
    i watched the pre -season games after gruden and mayock said they wanted more long balls,when carr got in there to play he threw em to jj,twill,doss,ateman,hatcher once the season began jj went missing due to injury almost immediately,twill caught some long balls early until he got plantars,keelan doss was gone to another team,ateman was cut,hatcher was cut and gone,leaving waller only,i think this draft we get our wr1 and add a speed guy like robbie anderson to stretch the field,i think our offense becomes top 10 2020 and our defense improves to top 15

Ha. Carrbage didn't throw deep in the pre-season either. Only real bomb all pre-season was Glennon to Gafford.

Got to stop blaming the lack of deep attempts on the WRs too, bro. Fuck, even if they're covered throw one up once in a while ! Can you think of even one deep attempt that resulted in a pass interference penalty in our favor ? Other teams try a deep contested pass and get rewarded with a PI call and long gain all the time. And please don't tell me the refs aren't going to ever give us a call. That's bull.

Carrbage is strictly quick release, short crap. That's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    student A still wins BECAUSE HE UNDERSTANDS THE PROBLEM AND HOW TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM TO GET THE ANSWER

student b and student c dont have the knowledge to solve the problem,so a calculator doesn't help at all

this is strictly about math students,i was advanced in math and always finished top of the class in solving math problems with or without a calculator but most of the class struggled and took the entire 40 minutes to finish their test and still got c's or d's cause they didn't know how to solve the problem,the calculator only helps slow student whom know how to solve the problem finish faster
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You're right about Student A considering they'd be analogous to traditional pocket-passer QB's with an above average IQ (Brees, Brady, Wilson, Rodgers, etc)

Student C would be the QB's with below average IQ and the ability to run the rock which augments their overall performance (dual-threat QB)

Unfortunately for us, Derek Carr falls into the category of Student B. He's got below average IQ, and he's not a dual-threat QB. All he has is a solid arm and work ethic.

russell wilson scored a 28 and is below the avg of other super bowl qbs is he the outlier on wonderlic