Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Jeremiah 2020 mock draft 1.0 - 4 QBs in top 15

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    deshaun watson wonderlic was 20 also and the wonderboy mahomes got a 24 on his wonderlic test

so the best of te best dual threat qbs wonderlic scores were

mahomes 24
    kyler murray 20
    deshaun watson 20
    lamar jackson 13

ps the all time highest wonderlic score was ryan fitzmagic with a 48
    Mahomes scored a 24 which is average and much higher than Carr's score of 20 (20% higher)

Fitz is a Harvard grad ..

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    Yeah I was NOT referring to or including dual-threat QB's, which is what I mentioned in my post; but thanks for the added info!
    well the top qbs currently in the game are dual threat qbs and the highest score was 24 by mahomes followed by watson,lamar with 20 and 13 tanny was a 34 and garop was a 29,which of these qbs would you start a franchise with the higher scores or the lower scores ???

Mahomes scored a 24 which is average and much higher than Carr's score of 20 (20% higher)

carrs in the middle of these supposed great qbs of course mahomesis the cream of the crop but the 2nd best qb in the league is lamar jackson with a 13 and deshaun watson is a top 5 guys with a 20,some believe kyler murray will be great and he also scored a 20 i think carrs in great company

carrs in the middle of these supposed great qbs of course mahomesis the cream of the crop but the 2nd best qb in the league is lamar jackson with a 13 and deshaun watson is a top 5 guys with a 20,some believe kyler murray will be great and he also scored a 20 i think carrs in great company
    Carr is NOT a dual-threat QB, so what's the point of comparing him to one? Do we draw up running plays for him? Does he tuck the ball and run when the opportunity presents itself? Nope. That's one reason why I specifically excluded dual-threat QB's from the equation.

What you should really ponder is the fact that you can't find a traditional pocket QB who has scored less than 23 and has won a playoff game (past decade). There's plenty of QB's out there who are aren't dual-threat.

Brees, Brady, Jimmy G, Rodgers, Rivers, Mahomes (he can run, but he's a pocket passer), Wilson (can run, but he's a pocket passer), Matt Ryan, Tannehill, Roethlisberger, Wentz, Goff, Prescott, Stafford, Cousins, Foles, Allen .. none of these guys are dual-threat QB's ...just look at their total rushing attempts if you need to. Most of these QB's (maybe even all of them) have won a playoff game in their career and all of them scored notably higher than Carr did on the wonderlic.

In summary: If a QB is lacking in IQ and wants to have any shot of winning in the postseason, he better be able to run the football to make up for that lack of mental strength. If he's lacking in IQ and can't run the football, let a decade of historical data/evidence figure that one out for you..simply presenting the facts
    Last edited by DoctorRaider; 01-22-2020 at 04:49 PM.

well the top qbs currently in the game are dual threat qbs and the highest score was 24 by mahomes followed by watson,lamar with 20 and 13 tanny was a 34 and garop was a 29,which of these qbs would you start a franchise with the higher scores or the lower scores ???
    Mahomes is a pocket-passer. He runs the ball twice per game and that includes QB scrambles. Therefore he is NOT a dual-threat QB. Moreover, he scored 24 which is average and much higher than Carr's score of 20.

There's a much longer list of QB's who are NOT dual-threat QB's and have had success in the playoffs.

Carrbage just needs more time, better coaching and a better supporting cast to improve his Wonderlic score.

Not much difference between 20 and 24. Both scores are terrible. Both players are idiots. I would say a threshold of 35 would be average intelligence. 50 questions, most are very simple.

Carr is NOT a dual-threat QB, so what's the point of comparing him to one? Do we draw up running plays for him? Does he tuck the ball and run when the opportunity presents itself? Nope. That's one reason why I specifically excluded dual-threat QB's from the equation.

What you should really ponder is the fact that you can't find a traditional pocket QB who has scored less than 23 and has won a playoff game (past decade). There's plenty of QB's out there who are aren't dual-threat.

Brees, Brady, Jimmy G, Rodgers, Rivers, Mahomes (he can run, but he's a pocket passer), Wilson (can run, but he's a pocket passer), Matt Ryan, Tannehill, Roethlisberger, Wentz, Goff, Prescott, Stafford, Cousins, Foles, Allen .. none of these guys are dual-threat QB's ...just look at their total rushing attempts if you need to. Most of these QB's (maybe even all of them) have won a playoff game in their career and all of them scored notably higher than Carr did on the wonderlic.

In summary: If a QB is lacking in IQ and wants to have any shot of winning in the postseason, he better be able to run the football to make up for that lack of mental strength. If he's lacking in IQ and can't run the football, let a decade of historical data/evidence figure that one out for you..simply presenting the facts
    the point is wonderlic mean nothing,i have proven its means nothing,best qbs of today score the same as carr or less

Mahomes is a pocket-passer. He runs the ball twice per game and that includes QB scrambles. Therefore he is NOT a dual-threat QB. Moreover, he scored 24 which is average and much higher than Carr's score of 20.

There's a much longer list of QB's who are NOT dual-threat QB's and have had success in the playoffs.
    you wanted last 6 or 7 yrs or more current ones,i gave you that and it showed wonderlic mean nothing cause top qbs of today all scored low and even wonderboy mahomes barely got a 24,i ask you again whom do you want wonderlic high scorers or lower scorers

mahomes is tops on the qb list currently do you by pass him for someone whom scored higher on the wonderlic,do you by pass lamar jackson (13) for someone with a higher wonderlic,how about deshaun watson (20) wonderlic means nothing