Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Jeremiah 2020 mock draft 1.0 - 4 QBs in top 15

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    Aaron Rodgers has not been elite since 2016. Not even top 15 tQBR since 2016.
    Jimmy G? No. He’s good game manager
    Ryan Tannehill? Nope. Another really good game manager
    Mahomes? ELITE.

3 of the 4 final teams. No elite QB.

The blue print is out there.
    Get yourself a good, smart, game manager that can limit big mistakes, hold onto him.
    Build the team around him.

Find yourself a generational talent like Mahomes? Dump the “solid” QB. Like what the Chiefs did when they saw that in Mahomes.
    None of these QB's are afraid of taking a hit, they can all extend plays, they've all won/have extensive experience in cold weather, and all of them have good pocket awareness which automatically sets them apart from Carr. Tannehill was on $7 million last season (1/3 of Carr's salary) so it'll be interesting to see how the Titans manage their cap with Tannehill now being a FA along with Henry & Conklin (22 free agents in total). Moreover, Green Bay was a .500 ball club that just got lucky this year and had all the cards fall in their favor, much like the one winning season we've had in the past decade.

As for "smart", Carr certainly doesn't fit that description based on his wonderlic score or ability to go through progressions when compared to these QB's:

Ryan T - 34
    Aaron R - 35
    Jimmy G - 29
    Derek Carr - 20 (would have been the lowest of all QB's in the 2018 draft and is equivalent to that of an average cashier)

I can almost guarantee you that you will not find a traditional QB (not a dual-threat QB) who has won a playoff game, with a score less than 23 in recent history

"Super Bowl winning quarterbacks currently playing in the NFL have posted an average Wonderlic score of 30.7"

Whether you believe it or not, wonderlic scores/IQ correlate with decision making ability, especially when under duress or pressure

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/n...t-deal-042417/
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Serious question: How do you expect Carr to have success in the playoffs in December/January? Keep in mind that in games where the temperature is under 40 degrees, Carr is 0-4, completing 51 percent of his passes, averaging 152 yards a game, with a 9 QBR throwing three touchdowns and four interceptions. His record is 2-9 when the temperature is under 50 degrees and he's never thrown for 200 yards.

Another question: Why pay a game manager who can't play in cold weather and happens to be the worst QB in the NFL when it comes to extending plays $20 million/year?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhdZJJwzYIs

(countless number poor throws and panicked instances on 3rd and 4th down, almost always locks into his first option and will only look to his secondary or tertiary option if he's got more than 3 seconds and 5 yards between him and the closest pass rusher)

Happy feet in full force: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_60AyZWdpPA
    Last edited by DoctorRaider; 01-22-2020 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    all alabama qbs are surrounded by the cream of crop talent,just look at alabama wrs this yr !!! and alabama always has a top defense also,oline and running games
    LOL. Did the fly tell you to never draft a QB from a top rated college program ?

C'mon bro. Give me a better reason to not draft Tua or Burrow because they're surrounded by the cream of the crop.

You guys keep looking for reasons NOT to draft a QB and I guarantee you'll find them.

Don't draft Burrow or Tua because they're surrounded by top notch talent. I suppose next year it'll be the same story with Lawrence and Fields.

I swear, you'd think DC was some sort of HOF candidate the way people just refuse to move on from him.

Guess we'll just keep rolling with Carr until the wheels fall off.

All Carr needs is more time and a better supporting cast !!!

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    None of these QB's are afraid of taking a hit, they can all extend plays, they've all won/have extensive experience in cold weather, and all of them have good pocket awareness which automatically sets them apart from Carr. Tannehill was on $7 million last season (1/3 of Carr's salary) so it'll be interesting to see how the Titans manage their cap with Tannehill now being a FA along with Henry & Conklin (22 free agents in total). Moreover, Green Bay was a .500 ball club that just got lucky this year and had all the cards fall in their favor, much like the one winning season we've had in the past decade.

As for "smart", Carr certainly doesn't fit that description based on his wonderlic score or ability to go through progressions when compared to these QB's:

Ryan T - 34
    Aaron R - 35
    Jimmy G - 29
    Derek Carr - 20 (would have been the lowest of all QB's in the 2018 draft and is equivalent to that of an average cashier)

I can almost guarantee you that you will not find a traditional QB (not a dual-threat QB) who has won a playoff game, with a score less than 23

"Super Bowl winning quarterbacks currently playing in the NFL have posted an average Wonderlic score of 30.7"

Whether you believe it or not, wonderlic scores/IQ correlate with decision making ability, especially when under duress or pressure

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/n...t-deal-042417/
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Serious question: How do you expect Carr to have success in the playoffs in December/January? Keep in mind that in games where the temperature is under 40 degrees, Carr is 0-4, completing 51 percent of his passes, averaging 152 yards a game, with a 9 QBR throwing three touchdowns and four interceptions. His record is 2-9 when the temperature is under 50 degrees and he's never thrown for 200 yards.

Another question: Why pay a game manager who can't play in cold weather and happens to be the worst QB in the NFL when it comes to extending plays $20 million/year?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhdZJJwzYIs

(countless number poor throws and panicked instances on 3rd and 4th down, almost always locks into his first option and will only look to his secondary or tertiary option if he's got more than 3 seconds and 5 yards between him and the closest pass rusher)

Happy feet in full force: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_60AyZWdpPA
    Why would "dual threat" Qb's wonderlic scores not count?
    Dan Marino Wonderlic 16 HOF
    Jim Kelly 15 lost 4 super bowls HOF
    Terry Bradshaw 16 won 4 super bowls HOF
    Vinny Testaverde 17
    Brett Farve 22 won Super Bowl HOF
    Trent Dilfer 22 won Super Bowl
    Last edited by psly2124; 01-22-2020 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Why would "dual threat" Qb's wonderlic scores not count?
    Dan Marino Wonderlic 16
    Jim Kelly 15 lost 4 super bowls
    Terry Bradshaw 16 won 4 supoer bowls
    Vinny Testaverde 17
    Brett Farve 22 won Super Bowl
    Trent Dilfer 22 won Super Bowl
    I meant to add recent history (past five or even seven years) since the game has evolved tremendously. It's no coincidence that all of the QB's you mentioned are from a whole different generation. As for dual threat QB's not being included, they possess an added element (a massive one at that) in their decision making tree which traditional pocket passers don't have (the natural ability/instinct to tuck the ball and run)..especially a QB like Carr who for some reason almost always refuses to use his legs even though he has wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    LOL. Did the fly tell you to never draft a QB from a top rated college program ?

C'mon bro. Give me a better reason to not draft Tua or Burrow because they're surrounded by the cream of the crop.
    well burrow is pick #1 and tua is pick #3 how that for an answer and were not giving away the farm for pick #3

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    I meant to add recent history (past five or even seven years) since the game has evolved tremendously. It's no coincidence that all of the QB's you mentioned are from a whole different generation. As for dual threat QB's not being included, they possess an added element (a massive one at that) in their decision making tree which traditional pocket passers don't have (the natural ability/instinct to tuck the ball and run)..especially a QB like Carr who for some reason almost always refuses to use his legs even though he has wheels.
    best of the best in dual threat qbs this yr lamar jackson got a 13 i believe

kyler murray the #1 pick last yr got a 20 and is also a dual threat qb

kyler murray the #1 pick last yr got a 20 and is also a dual threat qb
    deshaun watson wonderlic was 20 also and the wonderboy mahomes got a 24 on his wonderlic test

so the best of te best dual threat qbs wonderlic scores were

mahomes 24
    kyler murray 20
    deshaun watson 20
    lamar jackson 13

ps the all time highest wonderlic score was ryan fitzmagic with a 48
    Last edited by mstrbass2000; 01-22-2020 at 03:09 PM.

Yeah I was NOT referring to or including dual-threat QB's, which is what I mentioned in my post; but thanks for the added info!