Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Jeremiah 2020 mock draft 1.0 - 4 QBs in top 15

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    Aaron Rodgers has not been elite since 2016. Not even top 15 tQBR since 2016.
    Jimmy G? No. He’s good game manager
    Ryan Tannehill? Nope. Another really good game manager
    Mahomes? ELITE.

3 of the 4 final teams. No elite QB.

The blue print is out there.
    Get yourself a good, smart, game manager that can limit big mistakes, hold onto him.
    Build the team around him.

Find yourself a generational talent like Mahomes? Dump the “solid” QB. Like what the Chiefs did when they saw that in Mahomes.
    To be fair Mahomes also has elite offensive talent around him. If they ever get a great running back the Chiefs will be a worse nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    To be fair Mahomes also has elite offensive talent around him. If they ever get a great running back the Chiefs will be a worse nightmare.
    True, I think Mahomes is still a top 5 talent in that “elite” category as long as he has solid NFL pass catchers.
    But because his pass catchers might be 2nd to none, it puts him at #1.

Agree, if they can get a RB. Look what he was doing with Kareem Hunt in the backfield.

Also remember, he’s about to command close to $50M per year. Big decisions will have to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    I dont know what it is about seeing a left handed QB.. I'm left handed... but watching it looks weird. Ball spins differently..
    Doesnt really mean shit bc he obviously was an amazing QB in college. To me, the issue is the Raiders are going to want to go for instantaneous production and Tua is a redshirt first year NFL type of guy. Would it pay dividends for us in the future? I think so, but I believe Mark/Gruden arent going to be as patient whereas I think Mayock has more patience.. who will win that? I dont think Tua would last til 12 and i dont agree with trading both of our 1st rd picks for a redshirt guy. Catch me in 2022 and I'll probably say I wish we did draft Tua but as others have mentioned, Jimmy G hasn't been throwing lights out, and yet look at the Niners success....
    A great D line/ great D, and a great running game can get you to the big game. Niners have clearly proved it, and the Titans came close
    I'm a lefty too.

Good post, man.

I hear you and DonkeyHater. I'm concerned about Tua's durability too. Don't like the idea of redshirting him for a year either, but accept it's probably the best thing to do long term. That's just the way things usually play out in the NFL.

Not going to rehash all the reasons I want Tua. Suffice it to say I think he's well worth the gamble and it's essential that we move on from Pussyboy ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    Aaron Rodgers has not been elite since 2016. Not even top 15 tQBR since 2016.
    Jimmy G? No. He’s good game manager
    Ryan Tannehill? Nope. Another really good game manager
    Mahomes? ELITE.

3 of the 4 final teams. No elite QB.

The blue print is out there.
    Get yourself a good, smart, game manager that can limit big mistakes, hold onto him.
    Build the team around him.

Find yourself a generational talent like Mahomes? Dump the “solid” QB. Like what the Chiefs did when they saw that in Mahomes.
    the formula is simple build a good defense,have a good oline,have a good running game and have a game manager and you can win the super bowl having elite wr is optional but helps

The gripe I have on Tua was that he was surrounded by the cream of the crop at Alabama. Didn't our longneck win a title there? Kind of hard to judge if the success was because of him or because he was already surrounded by future NFL players and a hall of fame coach. 1st round too big of a gamble imo.

In Today's NFL you need a QB that can extend plays & Carr has zero pocket awareness...for some reason he just can't do it & obviously it's something Gruden is not capable of teaching him...I wouldn't mind going after Tasom Hill!!!! And I would luv to have Tua he is the real deal!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LA R8R View Post
    The gripe I have on Tua was that he was surrounded by the cream of the crop at Alabama. Didn't our longneck win a title there? Kind of hard to judge if the success was because of him or because he was already surrounded by future NFL players and a hall of fame coach. 1st round too big of a gamble imo.
    Do you have the same gripe about Burrow ? It's not easy to evaluate QBs, that's true. I don't hold the fact that Tua and Burrow are surrounded by future NFL players and are well coached against them when trying to project how they'll do at the next level. In fact, I think it makes it a little easier to evaluate them. Were they able to use the superior weapons they have and score a ton of points ? Were they difference makers, or did they rely on their teammates to carry the load ?

I place far more emphasis in looking at the quality of the opponents they're playing, rather than who they're playing with, when trying to assess a QB.

I think Burrow clearly made a huge difference for LSU. There's no way LSU would have been the scoring machine they were this year with a lesser QB.

Similarly, the difference that Tua made when he took over for Hurts (remember the championship game against Georgia ?) was quite evident. The dropoff in Bama's offense this year after Tua got hurt was also quite noticeable.

You're right that moving up to draft Tua is a gamble. The truth is there's no guarantee that anyone we draft in the first round is going to pan out. That's at any position. I don't need to list all our first round disappointments and busts to prove that. It's common knowledge.

IMO, if he didn't get injured, we'd be looking at a 2020 draft that had Burrow and Tua going 1 and 2.

Tua's injury might turn out to be a blessing in disguise for us in that we might be able to snag him at a discounted rate, although to be honest I don't see him falling past 3 if his hip checks out.

We'll see.

BTW, who is the 'longneck' ? JaMoron ? Think he played for LSU, not Bama. AL did fall in love with him after he won the title. JaMoron's problem wasn't a lack of talent, it was a lack of brains and desire. Don't think Burrow and Tua have the same concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by LA R8R View Post
    all alabama qbs are surrounded by the cream of crop talent,just look at alabama wrs this yr !!! and alabama always has a top defense also,oline and running games

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    the formula is simple build a good defense,have a good oline,have a good running game and have a game manager and you can win the super bowl having elite wr is optional but helps
    Meh. Yeah, you can win a SB with a game manager. Generally going to take more than just a good defense, OL, and running game though. You're far more likely to need a DOMINANT defense like the 85 Bears or the Ravens or Buccaneers, if you're going to take all the marbles with just a game manager.

Fuck that game manager shit. Get a franchise QB AND build the defense. We've got the draft capital and cap space to do BOTH. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Mediocrity at QB is not a good idea if you want to win the SB.
    Last edited by RAIDERMAN818; 01-22-2020 at 12:52 PM.

Agree Tua played a lot more in the SEC and that equates to more injuries...Borrow played 2 years & looked like Shit his first year!!!