Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mayocks insight on Carr’s 2019 year...

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    The Raiders drafting Jordan Love and have him sit behind Carr for a year, then trade Carr and make Love the starter.

This is what KC did. They kept Alex Smith for one year then moved on.

I could also see the Raiders using Carr as trade bait to accumulate more assets in order to move up and grab Tua, if he's still available after the first five or six picks.

Bottom line: Mayock did not say anything that was heaping praise on Carr, which is what you might expect the GM to do with his franchise QB heading into the offseason, after seeing him operate for a full year. The Raiders will do what makes the most sense for them in order to field perennial Super Bowl contending teams. Carr ain't the guy to do this.

If anything, if we had drafted Gardner Minshew and he had started for the Raiders in 2018 and 2019, I would expect pretty much the same verbiage.
    yeah,i want no part of love

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    yeah,i want no part of love
    Exactly, dude just had 20 TDs 17 INTs 3400 yds in the Mountain West as a 3rd year starter.
    Am I missing something?

I get the Carr haters want anyone but Carr, but as a Raider fan, I want to WIN 1st!
    Until there’s something out there that’s better than Carr, no reason to blow it all up in hope that a Josh Rosen is a top 5 NFL QB

Not crazy about Love either. Don't like his delivery. Plus he's a fucking moron for getting busted for weed.

Don't know where this 'blow it all up' shit comes from though.

Time to move on from Pussyboy.

Don't need a 7th year to know he's not the guy.

Frankly, I get disgusted having to watch him.

Can't tolerate the Pussy style of play any longer.

Unless I'm missing the rest of the quotes, Mayock isn't giving a ringing endorsement of Carr. But at the same time he's not giving any indication they're considering moving on from Carr. So in other words he's saying what he has to say to the media while having more honest conversations behind closed doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Raider View Post
    Unless I'm missing the rest of the quotes, Mayock isn't giving a ringing endorsement of Carr. But at the same time he's not giving any indication they're considering moving on from Carr. So in other words he's saying what he has to say to the media while having more honest conversations behind closed doors.
    id rather have that shit in house anyway,tired of the bs leaked stories that turn out to be total non sense

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Raider View Post
    You're not missing anything. You hit the nail right on the head.

MM isn't going to disparage Carr. No point in doing that.

Mayock is doing his job the right way. He'll say nice things about DC, but at the same time remind people it's his responsibility to evaluate EVERY position and do what is best for the Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    id rather have that shit in house anyway,tired of the bs leaked stories that turn out to be total non sense
    That's why I keep telling you to stop listening to that fucking fly. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    That's why I keep telling you to stop listening to that fucking fly. LOL
    but im the only one whom understands his language,lol