Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mayocks insight on Carr’s 2019 year...

Mayocks insight on Carr’s 2019 year...

*The CarrBashians will not like this.
    Exactly what a lot of us were saying...(dude needs help at WR, and he’ll be back in 20)

Jon demands a lot from his quarterbacks,” Mayock said. “People don’t understand how much. Just from a verbiage standpoint all the way to control, pre-snap at the line of scrimmage, you know, his percentage of completions, his ability to command the huddle, his ability to command the pre-snap process at the line of scrimmage, his accuracy. He’s got arm talent. You look at his development between him and Darren Waller, you know, Darren Waller had 90 catches for over a thousand yards. Darren Waller is a Pro Bowl tight end by any definition. And then the chemistry he developed with Hunter Renfrow. I think we’ve got a good offensive line and what we have to do is a better job of supporting him with some more wide receiver talent, the ability to catch the football, uh, the ability to spread the ball around a little bit. You know, Derek handled everything Jon threw at him mentally. I thought he progressed at a rapid rate in year two in Jon’s system.”

also a couple points Vic tweeted out from the interview:

GM Mike Mayock talked to the team website yesterday, said Derek Carr “progressed at a rapid rate in Year 2,” team needs help at WR and he thought the 1-5 finish was a sign of lack of depth. “I have to do a better job.”

Need to improve WRs and depth on the team. Yup!! Most

I also love that he said he’s much more prepared going into this offseason than last since it was his 1st year.
    This is going to be a BIG offseason!!

Quote Originally Posted by pitzrrr View Post
    *the carrbashians will not like this.
    Exactly what a lot of us were saying...(dude needs help at wr, and he’ll be back in 20)

jon demands a lot from his quarterbacks,” mayock said. “people don’t understand how much. Just from a verbiage standpoint all the way to control, pre-snap at the line of scrimmage, you know, his percentage of completions, his ability to command the huddle, his ability to command the pre-snap process at the line of scrimmage, his accuracy. He’s got arm talent. You look at his development between him and darren waller, you know, darren waller had 90 catches for over a thousand yards. Darren waller is a pro bowl tight end by any definition. And then the chemistry he developed with hunter renfrow. I think we’ve got a good offensive line and what we have to do is a better job of supporting him with some more wide receiver talent, the ability to catch the football, uh, the ability to spread the ball around a little bit. You know, derek handled everything jon threw at him mentally. I thought he progressed at a rapid rate in year two in jon’s system.”

also a couple points vic tweeted out from the interview:

Gm mike mayock talked to the team website yesterday, said derek carr “progressed at a rapid rate in year 2,” team needs help at wr and he thought the 1-5 finish was a sign of lack of depth. “i have to do a better job.”

need to improve wrs and depth on the team. Yup!! Most

i also love that he said he’s much more prepared going into this offseason than last since it was his 1st year.
    This is going to be a big offseason!!
    the fly on the wall is never wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    *The CarrBashians will not like this.
    Exactly what a lot of us were saying...(dude needs help at WR, and he’ll be back in 20)

Jon demands a lot from his quarterbacks,” Mayock said. “People don’t understand how much. Just from a verbiage standpoint all the way to control, pre-snap at the line of scrimmage, you know, his percentage of completions, his ability to command the huddle, his ability to command the pre-snap process at the line of scrimmage, his accuracy. He’s got arm talent. You look at his development between him and Darren Waller, you know, Darren Waller had 90 catches for over a thousand yards. Darren Waller is a Pro Bowl tight end by any definition. And then the chemistry he developed with Hunter Renfrow. I think we’ve got a good offensive line and what we have to do is a better job of supporting him with some more wide receiver talent, the ability to catch the football, uh, the ability to spread the ball around a little bit. You know, Derek handled everything Jon threw at him mentally. I thought he progressed at a rapid rate in year two in Jon’s system.”

also a couple points Vic tweeted out from the interview:

GM Mike Mayock talked to the team website yesterday, said Derek Carr “progressed at a rapid rate in Year 2,” team needs help at WR and he thought the 1-5 finish was a sign of lack of depth. “I have to do a better job.”

Need to improve WRs and depth on the team. Yup!! Most

I also love that he said he’s much more prepared going into this offseason than last since it was his 1st year.
    This is going to be a BIG offseason!!
    Lmao they will say- of course he is gonna say that! Duh! and then heads will explode once they realize he will be the #1 QB again next year.

I missed the part where MM says Pussyboy will be back in 2020.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement....progressed rapidly in year 2....has arm talent. Really ? That's it ?

What did you expect MM to say ?

'This fucking idiot is still throwing the ball into the stands on 4th down, doesn't use his legs, is a one read checkdown pussy that shits his pants when he smells the cologne of a defender."

Well, that's what he would say if he was being honest.

Except he can't say that. Not if he has any hope of trading the mediocre pussy and getting more than a bag of rocks in return.

6 YEARS, 55 LOSSES. TAKE AWAY THE FLUKE 2016 SEASON AND HIS .298 WIN PERCENTAGE IS THE WORST IN THE NFL !!!

CARRGASHIAN SUCKS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    !!
    Well, when he said “what we have to do is a better job in supporting him with WR talent, guys that can catch the ball, so he can spread the ball around”

Those are some pretty big tea leaves to read.

Hope is getting smaller and smaller for the CarrBashians.
    Carr will be our 2020 starting QB.

The next level of realization is when the Raiders don’t get a QB in the 1st or 2nd...again.

...still in desperate need of anyone with a pulse as a backup though. Still crossing my fingers for Mariota.
    Gruden will make a sub package for Marcus.

I think it’s the fact that people just like to argue and be on the opposite side of the fence of those who go against society’s or popular opinion. Most people are argumentative to protect their ego and try to be more dominant. I want Carr gone yesterday, but I feel he’ll be back for at least 1 more year. If we can get him more talent I believe he’ll do better, but you can say that for ANY qb which is what the Carr swallowers are neglecting. They always ignore his faults by using a straw man and only talk up his positives. It’s easy to see through, but stupid is as stupid does.

Hope is getting smaller and smaller for the CarrBashians.
    Carr will be our 2020 starting QB.
    If true, all this means is there's no hope for the 2020 season.

Still crossing my fingers for Mariota.
    Gruden will make a sub package for Marcus.
    Be careful what you wish for.
    Going to be funnier than fuck to see Gruden bring in Mariota and dump Pussyboy.

Everything Mayock said

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post

Not exactly a ringing endorsement....progressed rapidly in year 2....has arm talent. Really ? That's it ?

What did you expect MM to say ?

'This fucking idiot is still throwing the ball into the stands on 4th down, doesn't use his legs, is a one read checkdown pussy that shits his pants when he smells the cologne of a defender."

Well, that's what he would say if he was being honest.

Except he can't say that. Not if he has any hope of trading the mediocre pussy and getting more than a bag of rocks in return.

6 YEARS, 55 LOSSES. TAKE AWAY THE FLUKE 2016 SEASON AND HIS .298 WIN PERCENTAGE IS THE WORST IN THE NFL !!!

CARRGASHIAN SUCKS !!!
    Could have been said about any young QB in his second year in this system on this team.

What did we NOT hear?

Carr is a GREAT QB.
    Carr will be our QB in Vegas.
    Carr is an elite QB.
    Carr had a phenomenal year.

Noticed how Mayock praised others, but not Carr other than saying he progressed in his second year and has arm talent.

Very telling.

If Carr is still with the Raiders in 2020; then Mayock still need to bring in competition for Derek Carr; not a backup QB, but a QB that will challege Carr for the starting spot.....either a rookie or a vet...

I could see

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    If Carr is still with the Raiders in 2020; then Mayock still need to bring in competition for Derek Carr; not a backup QB, but a QB that will challege Carr for the starting spot.....either a rookie or a vet...
    The Raiders drafting Jordan Love and have him sit behind Carr for a year, then trade Carr and make Love the starter.

This is what KC did. They kept Alex Smith for one year then moved on.

I could also see the Raiders using Carr as trade bait to accumulate more assets in order to move up and grab Tua, if he's still available after the first five or six picks.

Bottom line: Mayock did not say anything that was heaping praise on Carr, which is what you might expect the GM to do with his franchise QB heading into the offseason, after seeing him operate for a full year. The Raiders will do what makes the most sense for them in order to field perennial Super Bowl contending teams. Carr ain't the guy to do this.

If anything, if we had drafted Gardner Minshew and he had started for the Raiders in 2018 and 2019, I would expect pretty much the same verbiage.