Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Mayock Previews 2020 Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Hard to believe there's any Raider fans that actually want Pussyboy back.

I mean, the Carrbage haters are realistic and accept Pussyboy MIGHT be back. But we're certainly not looking forward to it.

The only thing to look forward to if Carrbage is back in 2020 will be seeing him get booed off the field again !
    I've pretty much accepted the fact that he will be under center in 2020. I've also accepted the fact that once again we will be mediocre. What a waste

Quote Originally Posted by donkeyhater View Post
    i've pretty much accepted the fact that he will be under center in 2020. I've also accepted the fact that once again we will be mediocre. What a waste
    and what happens if we finish 11-5 next yr and make the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by fad View Post
    Every damn thread has to be highjacked by the Carr convo now??!! Its killing any relevance to this board!!

I love talking Raiders and that is a multitude of subjects but if its like this I might need a 3 months leave. SMDH
    LMAO. Think you should take that leave.

See the title of this thread ? It's about MM previewing the 2020 Raiders.

If you're going to get upset when a Carrbage supporter like Raidernation24 brings up Pussyboy being the QB in 2020 and the thread turns into a Carrbage discussion, then this probably isn't the thread for you.

Simple solution is to quit reading the thread. No need to be a drama queen and threaten to take a 3 month leave and whine about the forum content.

If you've got something relevant to say about the Raiders, just fucking say it. Don't lecture the rest of the forum members about what we should be talking about.

Get off your high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    Only way that happens is if Pussyboy isn't the QB. Or if the Raiders develop an 85 Bear defense overnight.

If the Raiders make the playoffs, it won't be due to Pussyboy taking us there, it will be due to the rest of the team dragging him there.

Pussyboy is an anchor.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Hard to believe there's any Raider fans that actually want Pussyboy back.

I mean, the Carrbage haters are realistic and accept Pussyboy MIGHT be back. But we're certainly not looking forward to it.

The only thing to look forward to if Carrbage is back in 2020 will be seeing him get booed off the field again !
    Listen at about the 13:30 mark for the next few minutes. It is about Carr. Mayock seems to hesitate a little at first then talks about arm talent, progression in year two and how much Gruden demands of QBs. I did not hear a glowing endorsement, kind of a middle of the road, noncommittal answer. This is the type of answer we would hear if Mayock wants to move on from Carr but does not want to hurt his trade value. Mayock could easily have said that Carr will be our QB in Vegas but he did not even come close to saying that.

The hesitation before answering and how he interacted with the host before answering may be very telling. This is a common ploy to think carefully before answering.

Mayock sees what we see.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    Listen at about the 13:30 mark for the next few minutes. It is about Carr. Mayock seems to hesitate a little at first then talks about arm talent, progression in year two and how much Gruden demands of QBs. I did not hear a glowing endorsement, kind of a middle of the road, noncommittal answer. This is the type of answer we would hear if Mayock wants to move on from Carr but does not want to hurt his trade value. Mayock could easily have said that Carr will be our QB in Vegas but he did not even come close to saying that.

The hesitation before answering and how he interacted with the host before answering may be very telling. This is a common ploy to think carefully before answering.

Mayock sees what we see.
    Yep. Not much of an endorsement at all. Progressed in year 2. Has arm talent.

What an accomplishment....a 6 year vet QB progressed in year 2 of Gruden's system. Wow !

Didn't progress enough not to throw the ball away on 4th down though. Impressive arm talent to throw it into the stands or turf !

Didn't progress enough to get past being a one read, checkdown puss that continually misses open recievers and refuses to use his legs to move the chains.

You bet your ass that Mayock sees this and Gruden can't stand it.

It's not a question of if we need to move on from Pussyboy, just a matter of when it's going to happen and what form it will take.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    The only way I would take back everything I've said about Carr is if he leads us to a playoff win on the road in cold weather, because that's what it's going to take to eventually win a title (unless we're seeded #1 and play at home) .. who the hell cares if we win 11 games and get knocked out of the playoffs in round 1? The question you asked just goes to show how content this fan base is with anything above mediocrity..

Are you going to celebrate us qualifying for the playoffs only to get knocked out the very next week?

Does anybody in their right mind expect Gruden, Mayock, Davis or anyone within the Raiders organization to do anything else other than hype up the players they currently have under contract?

11-5 with Pussyboy leading the way, huh ?

That'll be the day.

Better, more realistic question is what if we finish 6-10 and Pussyboy reaches 65 losses without ever appearing in a playoff game.

Never mind. I already know the answer. He just needs more time, better coaching, and a HOF supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    Does anybody in their right mind expect Gruden, Mayock, Davis or anyone within the Raiders organization to do anything else other than hype up the players they currently have under contract?
    No, but if you're a Carrbage fan, you're obviously not right in the mind.