Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tom Flores Denied Hall Of Fame Again

Quote Originally Posted by darthraider View Post
    i think i’m more pissed that cliff branch didn’t make it and harold carmichael did.
    agree 110% cliff better then swann and stallworth also,better the andre reed too

Clifford Branch was the greatest Raider WR hands down. It's a travesty he's not in the HOF.

The problem is that the Hall of Fame has too many people going in every year...should only be one person is selected every year or two; one for offense and one for defense....

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    The problem is that the Hall of Fame has too many people going in every year...should only be one person is selected every year or two; one for offense and one for defense....
    man the problem with that is some great players would never see the day of light,some categories are way over loaded with great talent more then worthy of the hof

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    man the problem with that is some great players would never see the day of light,some categories are way over loaded with great talent more then worthy of the hof
    And that's the problem with the receiver position and with the explosion of offense, its only going to get worse. Same with Flores, I don't think Branch gets in now. This was his best shot. As we progress further and further people will look at his stats more and more and compare them to today's receivers and today's game. It's unfortunate that guys like Swann are in and the only reason they're in are name recognition and a great, highlight reel Superbowl catch

Swann was good. Branch was GREAT. No one instilled FEAR into a defense like #21.

A true Raider immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman818 View Post
    swann was good. Branch was great. No one instilled fear into a defense like #21.

A true raider immortal.
    exactly,maybe branch make it via the vet committee