Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tom Flores Denied Hall Of Fame Again

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar

Tom Flores Denied Hall Of Fame Again

Extremely unfortunate. Don't think Cowher should've gotten in. This was probably the best chance for Flores to get in. Don't think he gets in now

And yet Bill Cower and Jimmy fucking Johnson are in, horseshit

Hard for Flores to get in because his lifetime record as a HC is way under .500. His long history as a player, 2 time SB winning coach, and broadcaster makes him worthy of HOF consideration.

Tom is a great guy. Met him, George Atkinson and Plunk a few times when they were traveling together and doing promotional work here in Reno.

Atkinson was always near drunk and kind of aloof. Plunk was super cool. Tom was always real easy to approach and happy to talk Raiders.

Spoke with Tom about Carr after Derek's rookie season. Told him I see things that I don't like about DC, wasn't convinced he'd pan out, and asked Tom what he thought. He told me to be patient, that Carr was just a rookie and was going to be good.

Then DC goes on to have his excellent 2016 season. Thought Tom might have been right.

5 years later, I've run out of patience, and would like to ask Tom what he thinks about Carrbage now.

If Tom Flores never went to seattle to coach in which he did not do very good, is the reason he not in the HOF; well that what I think

Also there another guy that won two superbowls and he not in the HOF....George Seifert

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Seifert
    Last edited by SuperRaider; 01-12-2020 at 11:22 PM.

Have it on good authority

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Hard for Flores to get in because his lifetime record as a HC is way under .500. His long history as a player, 2 time SB winning coach, and broadcaster makes him worthy of HOF consideration.

Tom is a great guy. Met him, George Atkinson and Plunk a few times when they were traveling together and doing promotional work here in Reno.

Atkinson was always near drunk and kind of aloof. Plunk was super cool. Tom was always real easy to approach and happy to talk Raiders.

Spoke with Tom about Carr after Derek's rookie season. Told him I see things that I don't like about DC, wasn't convinced he'd pan out, and asked Tom what he thought. He told me to be patient, that Carr was just a rookie and was going to be good.

Then DC goes on to have his excellent 2016 season. Thought Tom might have been right.

5 years later, I've run out of patience, and would like to ask Tom what he thinks about Carrbage now.
    Flores, like rest of us, has run out of patience with Carr. Does not think he has what it takes to get us to Super Bowl.

Jimmy deserves to go in the HOF, Bill gets in because of Rooney influence. One gift Superbowl.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    Jimmy deserves to go in the HOF, Bill gets in because of Rooney influence. One gift Superbowl.
    Don't think Jimmy deserves to be in. Losing record without Emmit Smith and failed to get 100 wins.

both flores and seifert should get in but probably wont,i think jimmy and cower were worthy of getting in to the hof

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    Have it on good authority Flores, like rest of us, has run out of patience with Carr. Does not think he has what it takes to get us to Super Bowl.
    Let's hope Gruden and Mayock have reached the same conclusion and take the necessary, appropriate action.

I really can't take any more of DC. Testing my limits as a Raider fan. I'll go through decades of losing and futility as long as I see the franchise striving to win another SB. Continuing on in Vegas with Pussyboy at the helm tells me we're either not serious about winning a SB or don't have the people in charge that are willing or capable of making the moves and decisions to get us there.

Moving on from Carrbage ASAP is essential.