Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Denzelle Good extended

Denzelle Good extended

He signed a one year extension. Just came over the Raiders app.

Wonder if this means Gabe will be jettisoned, or will Good be our top backup? He played well.

I think given it's 1 year, he'll be a backup G.....Good has played some RT as well....would not be a bad idea if he'll get reps there as Trent's #1 backup....Parker ain't done anything.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderjohn622 View Post
    i think given it's 1 year, he'll be a backup g.....good has played some rt as well....would not be a bad idea if he'll get reps there as trent's #1 backup....parker ain't done anything.
    id try parker inside at backup guard before dumping him,kids got the size/strength but his feet are too slow to be at either tackle positions,sharp looks ok at backup for either left or right,could further improve to be a good player

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    id try parker inside at backup guard before dumping him,kids got the size/strength but his feet are too slow to be at either tackle positions,sharp looks ok at backup for either left or right, further improve to be a good player
    That true; gotta give Parker one more year in the system and see what the Raiders have got....Tackle position is not for him; he might make a good guard

Have to agree. Jackson makes way to much money. I think he could be gone. Good actually played better. No need to pay guards 10 million a year. Draft on in the 3rd or 4th round, to backup Good for a year then take over the following year. Good starts next year, becomes a free agent and signs with another team, we get a 5th or 6th comp pick.

Denzelle Good T, Oakland Raiders
    Raiders signed OL Denzelle Good to a one-year contract extension.

Good was claimed off waivers from the Colts prior to the season and ended up making five starts for Oakland. All five starts came at guard, although he does have some NFL experience at tackle as well. Good was PFF's No. 24 graded guard out of 87 qualifiers in 2019 and figures to be in contention to start for the Las Vegas Raiders.

damn i had no idea he was this good,cause jackson was in the high 50's last time i looked,save nearly 11 million on cap,trade him for a pick

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Have to agree. Jackson makes way to much money. I think he could be gone. Good actually played better. No need to pay guards 10 million a year. Draft on in the 3rd or 4th round, to backup Good for a year then take over the following year. Good starts next year, becomes a free agent and signs with another team, we get a 5th or 6th comp pick.
    Yep, how much is Feliciano getting for starting in Buffalo?

i think if i remember right,we got a 5th rd pick from the jets for ose,maybe we can get a 5th back for gabe jackson ???

Agree that based on the way Gabe has played, he's overpaid.

I'd still keep him though, unless we can get something in a trade for him.

If we were cap strapped then I'd be looking to dump him. Since we're not, I'm willing to wait and see if he can stay healthy and play well.

Incognito can go off the rails or fall off the age cliff at any time. Good has served well in a relief role, but do we know how he holds up over the course of an entire season ?

OL is a team strength. Don't try to monkey with something that's not broken. Don't worry so much about Gabe being overpaid. We've got far more important issues to address.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Agree that based on the way Gabe has played, he's overpaid.

I'd still keep him though, unless we can get something in a trade for him.

If we were cap strapped then I'd be looking to dump him. Since we're not, I'm willing to wait and see if he can stay healthy and play well.

Incognito can go off the rails or fall off the age cliff at any time. Good has served well in a relief role, but do we know how he holds up over the course of an entire season ?

OL is a team strength. Don't try to monkey with something that's not broken. Don't worry so much about Gabe being overpaid. We've got far more important issues to address.
    My thoughts exactly. Trading Gabe in a package for a veteran in need or for a pick(s) is a luxury at this point. Good played good and can step in at any moment. Also imo Sharpe has played way better than Parker. I agree with tryin him at guard. If he sucks there too then tell him to kick rocks.

I'll never forget last year when he was giving up pressures, sacks and TFLs in one game before being pulled. One of the talking heads from whatever network pointed out that the defense knew if the Raiders were going to run or pass depending on what stance Parker was in pre-snap. His feet position gave away our plays. How stupid can you be? It's almost laughable if it wasn't so pathetic.