Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raiders Penalized At Double Sometimes Triple The League Rate On Subjective Call

There have been so many bad calls against the Raiders that Oakland fans have gotten use to it. The snow job in New England was the absolute worst. I hope things change with a new stadium and city.

a few blown calls by the refs doesn't excuse a horrific defense or a kicker that can't kick.
    until a head coach of ours goes fully nuclear to the press we will still get bad calls however, i remember hue declaring he was putting a tape together of bad officiating to confront the league with before he got his nails done, gruden's gotten pissy but just kinda accepted it.
    the league and media like to give teams cheap nicknames, the can do no wrong patriots, the gritty steelers and the dirty, cheating raiders has stuck for a while heck, al wanted that persona but, until someone makes a real big deal of it nothing will change.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    There have been so many bad calls against the Raiders that Oakland fans have gotten use to it. The snow job in New England was the absolute worst. I hope things change with a new stadium and city.
    I wonder if this seasons screwing was due to our new stadium. If we do poorly in the old stadium, then get some good calls in the new one it may skew the metrics. Imagine the NFL and/or owners using this data as leverage to build new stadiums—team does poorly in old stadium, magically makes the playoffs in the new one.

Maybe it’s just my wishful thinking that the refs will treat us more fairly next season....

Quote Originally Posted by _db_ View Post
    I wonder if this seasons screwing was due to our new stadium. If we do poorly in the old stadium, then get some good calls in the new one it may skew the metrics. Imagine the NFL and/or owners using this data as leverage to build new stadiums—team does poorly in old stadium, magically makes the playoffs in the new one.

Maybe it’s just my wishful thinking that the refs will treat us more fairly next season....
    minus the refs this yr we would have been a 10 win team and in the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    minus the refs this yr we would have been a 10 win team and in the playoffs
    To have a 10 win season; we have to dominate and with our defense being too young....we just really field a really bad defense....hopefully the young guys like Crosby and Ferrell will jump up a level next season and we will build the linebackers up some more....the defense will be better in 2020

Cannot keep blaming the refs as sometime the refs help us win games....

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    To have a 10 win season; we have to dominate and with our defense being too young....we just really field a really bad defense....hopefully the young guys like Crosby and Ferrell will jump up a level next season and we will build the linebackers up some more....the defense will be better in 2020

Cannot keep blaming the refs as sometime the refs help us win games....
    Blame the refs, we weren't looking for help, Carr makes the play of the year, but the refs admittedly blew the call.....they make the right call, we run out the clock, Jax don't have time to drive it home. When was the last time the refs helped us win a game? Every game, we play 2 teams, the NFL and the other team.