Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Brady To Raiders Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    Carr had more at his disposal on the offensive side of the ball, let's be honest about that. Jacobs, Waller, and the offensive line are all better than what the Pats had. Moreover, it's not as if the Pats had some stellar crew at the WR position so I'm not sure how you can explain the Pats scoring 107 points more than us. Their point differential was 301 points better than ours and none of the aforementioned would be remotely close to being true if Carr was playing QB for the Patriots and Brady was playing QB for the Raiders.

At this point, one could make the argument that Brady is a game manager. Guess what? So is Carr. Would anybody in their right mind trust Derek Carr to manage a game over Tom Brady if a game was to be played tomorrow (especially a playoff game in cold weather)? --------------- HELL NO .. not even debatable.

These teams scored more points than the Raiders: Average number of wins for these teams is 4.6

Arizona Cardinals (rookie QB)
    New York Giants (rookie QB)
    Detroit Lions (3 different QB's started for them including a rookie and another QB I've never heard of)
    Carolina Panthers (rookie QB)
    Los Angeles Chargers (Rivers on one lung)
    Cleveland Browns (Mayfield? Really?)

Did all of these bottom-feeder teams score more points than the Raiders because their defense somehow allowed them to?
    how many of these teams had better weapons then us at the reciver position,how many of these teams had easier schedules then us,how many of these teams had better running games then us

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    how many of these teams had better weapons then us at the reciver position,how many of these teams had easier schedules then us,how many of these teams had better running games then us
    You tell me

Carr had more at his disposal on the offensive side of the ball, let's be honest about that. Jacobs, Waller, and the offensive line are all better than what the Pats had. Moreover, it's not as if the Pats had some stellar crew at the WR position so I'm not sure how you can explain the Pats scoring 107 points more than us. Their point differential was 301 points better than ours and none of the aforementioned would be remotely close to being true if Carr was playing QB for the Patriots and Brady was playing QB for the Raiders.

At this point, one could make the argument that Brady is a game manager. Guess what? So is Carr. Would anybody in their right mind trust Derek Carr to manage a game over Tom Brady if a game was to be played tomorrow (especially a playoff game in cold weather)? --------------- HELL NO .. not even debatable.

These teams scored more points than the Raiders: Average number of wins for these teams is 4.6

Arizona Cardinals (rookie QB)
    New York Giants (rookie QB)
    Detroit Lions (3 different QB's started for them including a rookie and another QB I've never heard of)
    Carolina Panthers (rookie QB)
    Los Angeles Chargers (Rivers on one lung)
    Cleveland Browns (Mayfield? Really?)

Did all of these bottom-feeder teams score more points than the Raiders because their defense somehow allowed them to?
    The Pat's defense is the answer as to how and why the 107 pts. They had one of the highest scoring Defenses and their defense put their offense in position to score UNLIKE our defense

You tell me
    arizona,cleveland,carolina,chargers,giants all had better rbs then us,cleveland,chargers,detroit,carolina all had better wrs over us,giants and cardinals slightly better or the same and they all faced easier schedules

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    The Pat's defense is the answer as to how and why the 107 pts. They had one of the highest scoring Defenses and their defense put their offense in position to score UNLIKE our defense
    exactly,the pats defense gave the offense short fields all the time,easy to score points when all you have to do is go 20-50 yds vs 70-80 yds and how many times did the defense get a turnover inside the 20 yd line of opposition (#1 defense)

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    I don't think their defense accounted for 107 points, unless the statistics factually state that. Moreover, our problem wasn't field position, our problem was we were horrendous at getting the ball in the end zone. Raiderman818 presented a statistic about how many times we were in the opponents red zone or opponent's half of the field and how many times we actually got in the end zone. The numbers were shockingly poor.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    arizona,cleveland,carolina,chargers,giants all had better rbs then us,cleveland,chargers,detroit,carolina all had better wrs over us,giants and cardinals slightly better or the same and they all faced easier schedules
    Spare me the BS Bass ... Jacobs was the 2nd highest rated RB in the NFL until the last week or 2 and everyone on this forum knows that he's an elite runner of the ball. Needless to say, YPG he's only behind Chubb and Henry. Get your facts straight.

I for one don't think he's going anywhere. Probably just gonna retire. I just wish it would've been us to end the dynasty. It started with us and I'd hoped it'll end with us.

Quote Originally Posted by LA R8R View Post
    I for one don't think he's going anywhere. Probably just gonna retire. I just wish it would've been us to end the dynasty. It started with us and I'd hoped it'll end with us.
    Nah, he'll take a 5 million salary and let them go buy receivers, they get to the divisional round and we head to Foxborough, game in a snow flurry, we're up 14-13 with 30 seconds left, Patriots at the Raider 40, Brady back to pass, Abram with a clear path to an unsuspecting Brady.....

Quote Originally Posted by LA R8R View Post
    He's said he's probably not going to retire. Who knows ? If he continues to play, he might stay in NE, but I can just as easily see him in another uniform. Won't be strictly about the $$ either, he'll be looking for the right situation. He'll want to join a contender, play for a coach whose offensive style fits what he can still do, and play behind an OL that protects him. Can see him wanting to be west coast to keep Giselle happy and be closer to his parents.

I've never resented Brady for the Tuck Rule screwing we took. What was he supposed to do ? Admit that he fumbled and insist it was Raider ball ?

No, I was never mad at Brady about that. My anger over that was always directed at Walt Coleman. It was Coleman who fucked that call up.

What really pisses me off to this day are the assholes that still insist the rule was enforced properly. No, it fucking wasn't. We've all seen that Brady had two hands on the ball for a split second right before Woodson stripped him. That constitutes a 'tuck'. So all the morons claiming that it was a dumb rule, but one that was enforced correctly, are completely wrong. Fuck them in the nostrils.

FUMBLE.

That being said, I'm not pissed at Brady about it. Not his fault Walt Coleman and the NFL fucked us royally.