Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hints At Strain Between Mike Mayock And Jon Gruden

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar

Hints At Strain Between Mike Mayock And Jon Gruden

I think we’d all choose Mayock over gruden

Gruden let the Clown show go on far too long. Mayock was really pissed the day he offered his 'all in or all out' ultimatum to Clown. Gruden should have been in lock step with MM at that point. Instead, he continued to try to salavage a clearly unsalvageable situation and was still puckering up to AB right up to the day before the start of the season.

Wouldn't blame MM at all for being pissed that Gruden couldn't see the trainwreck that the Clown was and for continuing to coddle the Clown until it was almost too late.

Nearly cost the Raiders millions and undermined Mayock.

If you're with me, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Gruden let the Clown show go on far too long. Mayock was really pissed the day he offered his 'all in or all out' ultimatum to Clown. Gruden should have been in lock step with MM at that point. Instead, he continued to try to salavage a clearly unsalvageable situation and was still puckering up to AB right up to the day before the start of the season.

Wouldn't blame MM at all for being pissed that Gruden couldn't see the trainwreck that the Clown was and for continuing to coddle the Clown until it was almost too late.

Nearly cost the Raiders millions and undermined Mayock.

If you're with me, knock on wood.
    Knock...knock... It's amazing looking back now at Gruden's behavior back then. Was very disappointed and frustrated with he and the clown. Don't know if the rift between MM and Gru exists or not...But Mayock was sure in the right.

Mayock did have a good interview with Rich Eisen midseason. Sounded OK. Was releived AB "isnt my problem anymore.."

I also point out how Gruden always praised Mayock's work when they brought in players during the season. I think Jon understands his part of responsability in the AB saga and they probably had to clean up some things between themselves at some point.

Im a little disapointed he didnt have the end of year presser but I dont think its the end of the world. He will talk at some point. It may be just some push back on things taking away time from actual scouting. These bowl games are important as we know.
    Last edited by fad; 01-05-2020 at 04:08 AM.

Gruden needs to separate himself from the AB type's out there. Hopefully he learned something. Isn't it amazing that ANYBODY would even entertain the thought of bringing the clown on board. Mystifies me LOL

One last thing....I'm a pretty fearless individual....but there's one thing that scares the hell out of me. It's Gruden having complete control of the draft without having anybody whispering in his ear. In other words....I believe he'll FUCK it up!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyHater View Post
    One last thing....I'm a pretty fearless individual....but there's one thing that scares the hell out of me. It's Gruden having complete control of the draft without having anybody whispering in his ear. In other words....I believe he'll FUCK it up!!!!!!
    Hey with the instant success they had this year I think Jon is sensible enough to understand he needs Mayock. His 2018 class didnt do much in 2018.

peronally i think this is all bs from reporters,anytime i hear sources,could or hints,i think fake news

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    peronally i think this is all bs from reporters,anytime i hear sources,could or hints,i think fake news
    To his credit it was really an opinion and gut fealing by Vic, and thats all.

He is very good at reporting facts, ie injuries or whatever, but he hasnt been really solid predicting or fealing out stuff thats more behind the scenes.