Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The ABC Thread

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    He’s not going to trash it. He’s going to use a little “fluffery” to prop up the value of a Carr that doesn’t run well.

Watch Hard Knocks again. Gruden letÂ’s us know what he wants from our QB.

He wants a Gannon-type competitor, not a gutless wonder.
    Hope you're right. Don't forget though, Gruden fancies himself the ultimate QB whisperer and might think he can transform Carrbage from a Prius to a Lamborghini.

Can't imagine him not preferring a new project that might actually work out, but you never know.

If Carrbage is still on the roster in June, that's going to be a very bad omen.

The question is? Is there a team out there that would give us anything for Carr in a trade?

Quote Originally Posted by pfish57 View Post
    The question is? Is there a team out there that would give us anything for Carr in a trade?
    Doubtful. They watch the film and games. They know his contract situation. Why give up anything significant when they can just claim him after the Raiders release him and not be obligated pay to his current exorbitant salary ?

Of course, there's always a market for a QB. Could be an injury or some extenuating circumstance that might increase a team's desperation and Carr's value, but barring that, the market for Carrbage figures to be extremely slim.

There's always a chance that some GM is one of the few fools remaining on the planet that don't realize who Carr is and what he brings to the table. Let's be real, he's no longer a hot commodity.

A late round pick is about all we can expect in return. Most likely Carr is just released. At least that's how I see things developing.

There's also the possibility of a player for player trade. Let's say Carolina decides to clean house. A Newton for Carrbage trade might be a possibility. Probably have to throw in a pick to make it happen but not beyond the realm of possibility.

ABC

Man, I'd love to be in the team meeting or QB room when the 4th down throw away gets reviewed.

Gruden: "WTF were you thinking throwing the ball away on 4th down, Derek ?"

Carrbage: "Oviously, I wasn't thinking, Coach. Sorry."

Gruden: "Sorry isn't good enough. We're cutting your ass. Men, if you're with me knock on wood"

Sound of desks collapsing as his teammates pound on wood.

ABC

There was also a play where we had 2nd and 10 at mid field. There was an edge blitz coming, Carr saw it, Miller stone walled the guy, Carr did not see that......Carr fearing the back side hit, dumps it to Deandre who is dropped for a 6 yard loss.....awareness....he doesn't have it, situational awareness he doesn't have it. You'd think 2 camps under Gruden Carr would gain those things.....it's repetition, knowing the sitaution, knowing what to do in those situations.......

Too much David Carr and Fresno State in him, not much thinking, the only thinking, protect Number 1.

Is Tannehill even a consideration? I'm pretty sure the Titans are ditching Mariota instead. Even if we offered him more money he'd still choose the Titans. He already knows the playbook. On the flip side I'd say Mariota is more realistic for us. More mobile and has stronger arm than Carr -excuse me- Carrbage

Bridgewater? I'm not sure he could do much better. He has more weapons in NOLA and Sean Payton's playbook is already proven. If the Saints get to and win the SB this year Brees probably retires. Then Bridgewater is probably next in line to continue winning games for them like he's done this season.

Tua - Not sold on him. Seen some college games and he seems to be lacking in accuracy. Most of his throws are deep bombs for his sub 4.5 40 time WRs or screen passes or him running for yards. I don't see much evidence of him displaying good decision making. Saban makes the decisions for him. Yes the NFL is moving towards a player like him and maybe he can be coached up. I definitely wouldn't take him with a 1st though.

Cam - I'd be all for it. We have a better O-line for him to stay upright and McCaffrey to Jacobs isn't a drop-off. Plus other players around the NFL love him and we might be able to lure some good-great players. Odell probably wants out and I'm sure they'd want to play with each other given the chance. And most of all, he's faster, stronger, taller and more brave than Carr. I know a lot of you hate players like Cam with over the top bravado but he's an upgrade at the most important position on the field. Not sure what it would take to get him though. Also, if I were the Bears, I'd see if Mack for Newton + Picks was possible.

Foles - Probably Gruden and Mayock's favorite. Super Bowl winner who elevated the play of those around him. Not sure what's going on in Jacksonville.

That other QB from New Orleans who blocked a punt two weeks ago - Because why the hell not.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    There was also a play where we had 2nd and 10 at mid field. There was an edge blitz coming, Carr saw it, Miller stone walled the guy, Carr did not see that......Carr fearing the back side hit, dumps it to Deandre who is dropped for a 6 yard loss.....awareness....he doesn't have it, situational awareness he doesn't have it. You'd think 2 camps under Gruden Carr would gain those things.....it's repetition, knowing the sitaution, knowing what to do in those situations.......

Too much David Carr and Fresno State in him, not much thinking, the only thinking, protect Number 1.
    Watched that play several times...looks like Carr did see the blitzer get picked up by Miller, but still dumped it off to Washington. But it seems Washington was supposed to run to the left side where the blitzer was coming from, but instead turned around and went back to the right side where Carr passed to him. Had he continued to go to the left side, Washington would have had a clear field to run after the ball got dumped to him. Still doesn't excuse why Carr got rid of the ball so quickly when he knew the blitz was picked up, not a guy within 5 yards of him.

Quote Originally Posted by DARAIDAHS View Post
    Watched that play several times...looks like Carr did see the blitzer get picked up by Miller, but still dumped it off to Washington. But it seems Washington was supposed to run to the left side where the blitzer was coming from, but instead turned around and went back to the right side where Carr passed to him. Had he continued to go to the left side, Washington would have had a clear field to run after the ball got dumped to him. Still doesn't excuse why Carr got rid of the ball so quickly when he knew the blitz was picked up, not a guy within 5 yards of him.
    Even with the mistake, there has to be another option in the play, it wasn't Deandre or bust. If he saw the pick up, he should have known had time to find another option. He gives up on a lot plays too early. Way too much David Carr coaching, Fresno State having picked out the option on every play pre snap.....too many bad habits that don't carry well.....in a Gruden offense, maybe a Todd Downing offense, but in a Gruden offense where there should be multiple options, Carr isn't reading his progressions to well.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Man, I'd love to be in the team meeting or QB room when the 4th down throw away gets reviewed.

Gruden: "WTF were you thinking throwing the ball away on 4th down, Derek ?"

Carrbage: "Oviously, I wasn't thinking, Coach. Sorry."

Gruden: "Sorry isn't good enough. We're cutting your ass. Men, if you're with me knock on wood"

Sound of desks collapsing as his teammates pound on wood.

ABC
    Carr could have thrown it to Washington who was open by the goal line on the left side at the beginning of the play (but he didn't see it) or Carrier who was open while Carr was running to his right. Passes thrown that close are hard to defend even if it is tight coverage, I've seen it many times before with Carr and other QBs around the league. Carr was upset at his receivers for not running to the right while he was running to the right, but they eventually did when they saw what was happening and Carr had the chance to throw it, instead he elected to chuck it out of bounds. His teammates must be in disbelief when he does plays like that, there is absolutely no reason for throwing it away.