Thread: Deshone Kizer Promoted To No. 2 For QB Role

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar

Deshone Kizer Promoted To No. 2 For QB Role

This is interesting....this game is very important; we cannot really afford to lose; if the Raiders lose then it season over...if Carr goes to Safe Mode, will Jon Gruden yank him and play Kizer....
    Last edited by SuperRaider; 12-05-2019 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    This is interesting....this game is very important; we cannot really afford to lose; if the Raiders lose then it season over...if Carr goes to Safe Mode, will Jon Gruden yank him and play Kizer....
    Doubt it. I think Kizer could be used in a 3rd or 4th and short play. Or a 2 point conversion. I think that could be why he was moved up to 2nd team.

Or maybe...Kizer has been outplaying Glennon...I mean he did fumble on 2 out of 3 snaps a few weeks ago. Gruden may have just needed more time to get Kizer more reps and make him the backup in case Carr gets hurt. Kizer in college was clutch.

Thought Kizer had a chance to be good coming out. Thought he still might be good after escaping the Browns. Saw him play a few games in GB that made me think it's not gonna happen. Never know though.

Its amazing the difference in him from Notre Dame to now. makes me wonder if it was coaching or confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by jrhone View Post
    Or maybe...Kizer has been outplaying Glennon...I mean he did fumble on 2 out of 3 snaps a few weeks ago. Gruden may have just needed more time to get Kizer more reps and make him the backup in case Carr gets hurt. Kizer in college was clutch.
    Very possible. It wouldn't be hard to outplay the neck. Kizer could also have a lot more confidence in the playbook than he did a month ago.

He came out of college too early. As a Notre Dame fan I can tell you he was inconsistent at times but when he was on he was on! He knew he was going to be pushed for the starting job and declared for the draft. Rumor was he couldn't take the harsh criticism of Brian Kelly.