Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marquez Lee Activated Trevor Davis Waived

Quote Originally Posted by Garner25 View Post
    Plus the wasted 5th on Zay Jones..FFS can we stop giving up picks for non factor WRs??
    It sucks giving up draft picks, but these are later round picks. Mayock will get them back in trade downs. The Jones trade may hopefully work out after he learns the playbook, he was a 2nd round pick. The Davis trade was a head scratcher. Giving up a pick for a kick returned, who can't return kicks.

Losing a 6th round pick prior to Mayock I would say is not a big deal. But losing ANY draft picks with Mayock at the helm hurts as look what he did with this year's draft picks. 5th and 6th is where you continur to build depth or make a high end talent / low end personality type guy.. we didnt have a 6th in 2019 but Hunter Renfrow was our 5th rd pick? who I consider to be a quality pick in the 5th (hoping this kid can have a tremendous offseasons toning up a bit and continues to gain quality NFL experience). Quinton Bell was our only miss, which was a 7th rd pick but you never know as O-lineman in the 7th have worked for some teams in the past 5-7 years).
    To me, a 6th round pick (trade) for a guy who scored 1 TD, but actually caused us more negative plays than anything else hurts...
    We need all the draft capital we can get.. maybe could get the next Maxx Crosby with that 6th rounder we traded away. Haha (yet serious). There were some, actually a lot that thought Crosby in the 4th was a reach due to him being long but "undersized/needed to bulk up", plus his success/stats being against "less talented" competition. Anyways, the more draft picks the better for these Raiders with Mayock as our GM.
    Last edited by ThePantyRaider; 12-03-2019 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    Losing a 6th round pick prior to Mayock I would say is not a big deal. But losing ANY draft picks with Mayock at the helm hurts as look what he did with this year's draft picks. 5th and 6th is where you continur to build depth or make a high end talent / low end personality type guy.. we didnt have a 6th in 2019 but Hunter Renfrow was our 5th rd pick? who I consider to be a quality pick in the 5th (hoping this kid can have a tremendous offseasons toning up a bit and continues to gain quality NFL experience). Quinton Bell was our only miss, which was a 7th rd pick but you never know as O-lineman in the 7th have worked for some teams in the past 5-7 years).
    To me, a 6th round pick (trade) for a guy who scored 1 TD, but actually caused us more negative plays than anything else hurts...
    We need all the draft capital we can get.. maybe could get the next Maxx Crosby with that 6th rounder we traded away. Haha (yet serious). There were some, actually a lot that thought Crosby in the 4th was a reach due to him being long but "undersized/needed to bulk up", plus his success/stats being against "less talented" competition. Anyways, the more draft picks the better for these Raiders with Mayock as our GM.
    Mayock made the trades so he felt those players were worth a 5th and 6th round pick. You need to fill a roster and every move Mayock makes isn't the right decision. Mistakes will be made, he isn't perfect. He needed to fill a need and tried. The Davis move didn't work. The Jones move could help next year. It's difficult to come in midseason for a receiver and contribute. Sanu is struggling with the Patriots. We can better asses the Jones trade after next season. So far this year it doesn't look good. I will give it time. If Jones turns into a 3/4 receiver, ill be ok with the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    It sucks giving up draft picks, but these are later round picks. Mayock will get them back in trade downs. The Jones trade may hopefully work out after he learns the playbook, he was a 2nd round pick. The Davis trade was a head scratcher. Giving up a pick for a kick returned, who can't return kicks.
    what round did we draft Mad Max? 5th, and 6th round picks are of importance..
    Fu#k The Rest

Quote Originally Posted by Garner25 View Post
    what round did we draft Mad Max? 5th, and 6th round picks are of importance..
    4th round with Maxx. If you trust Mayock with the draft, you need to trust him on his evaluations of players too. The Davis one didn't work out. The Jones one is to early to tell. I understand that every draft pick is important.

4th round with Maxx. If you trust Mayock with the draft, you need to trust him on his evaluations of players too. The Davis one didn't work out. The Jones one is to early to tell. I understand that every draft pick is important.
    ....and our WR situation was in dire need, because of the AB situation. Mayock had to band aid the situation this season. With a full evaluation of draft eligible WR's, we'll be fine....it was the AB situation that hurt our depth and Mayock had to fill the spot. Given the draft capital this past season, dropping several times on a single pick.....he will be fine picking up assets in missing rounds.

Yea true....and i do trust him.
    Fu#k The Rest

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    ....and our WR situation was in dire need, because of the AB situation. Mayock had to band aid the situation this season. With a full evaluation of draft eligible WR's, we'll be fine....it was the AB situation that hurt our depth and Mayock had to fill the spot. Given the draft capital this past season, dropping several times on a single pick.....he will be fine picking up assets in missing rounds.
    AB really hurt this team offensively. It's difficult to get receivers after the season starts. We overpaid but that's what happens. When we are team gets more depth in a year or two, we will be the team thats trading away players. IT's difficult when you have an impatient fanbase. THat expects to win every game with a limited roster.

AB really hurt this team offensively. It's difficult to get receivers after the season starts. We overpaid but that's what happens. When we are team gets more depth in a year or two, we will be the team thats trading away players. IT's difficult when you have an impatient fanbase. THat expects to win every game with a limited roster.
    The AB debacle was what threw the first wrench into our gears offensively speaking. Gruden and the other coaches drew up the playbook around AB being a factor. Imagine how many plays we scrapped because we lost him. Agree with the rest of your assessment, can't expect WR to come in midway through the season (Zay, Davis) and make a huge impact. It's only year 2 of the rebuild and I think we've exceeded expectations. With next year's cap space and draft picks we'll probably make another huge jump.