Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Tom Brady

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    Since when is footballoutsiders the official metric though? I like their ideas, but they aren’t the standard, not yet at least. Forget the defense though in regards to Carr being shut out for 8 quarters on the road in cold weather.

Any word on Brady’s current season statistics? His numbers are actually more than decent even at age 42.
    His numbers a great for a 42 year old. But his numbers resemble Carr. Carr has gad a much more difficult schedule than the Patriots. Playing the Giants, Dolphins, Redskins, Browns. The only terrible team we played was the bengals. And i explained in another post. Just to correct you. Carr was not shut out for 8 straight quarters. They scored in the 1st quarter against the Jets. He didn't play in the 4th quarter. So that's 2 quarters. They didn't score in the first 3 quarters against teh chiefs. They missed a field goal and missed a 4th and 1. So that's' 5 total quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    His numbers a great for a 42 year old. But his numbers resemble Carr. Carr has gad a much more difficult schedule than the Patriots. Playing the Giants, Dolphins, Redskins, Browns. The only terrible team we played was the bengals. And i explained in another post. Just to correct you. Carr was not shut out for 8 straight quarters. They scored in the 1st quarter against the Jets. He didn't play in the 4th quarter. So that's 2 quarters. They didn't score in the first 3 quarters against teh chiefs. They missed a field goal and missed a 4th and 1. So that's' 5 total quarters.
    Are you joking?

Are you joking?
    Joking about what?
    Brady 3268 18-6 88.2 rating.
    Carr. 2843 16-8. 98.6 rating

Brady threw 110 more passes thats why more yards. Am I missing something. Are those SIMILAR?

Joking about what?

Brady threw 110 more passes thats why more yards. Am I missing something. Are those SIMILAR?
    What I'm talking about is you nitpicking about how many quarters we've laid goose eggs with Carr at the helm? Our offense has been abysmal for three weeks if you include the 17 points we put up on Cincinnati at home. In 3 weeks we scored a combined 29 points against the Jets, Chiefs, and Bengals. You realize you're now nitpicking in defense of Carr right? Reaching for any and every excuse possible. With a top-notch offensive line, arguably the best RB in the NFL, and arguably the best TE in the NFL (at the moment), how does that happen? It's on Carr's shoulders man, it's painfully obvious and as a Raider fan, it's sad to see.

Carr's stats are inflated as always. We managed to score 17 points against the Bengals at home despite Carr going 25-29 for nearly 300 yards. How does that even happen? Jacobs also ran for 112 yards in the same game.

You were quick to point to Brady and how poor he's playing this season along with their division (AFC East) being weak, yet Brady's numbers are solid and the Patriots' record speaks for itself. Don't the Jets play in the same division as the Patriots? The Jets blasted us 34-3. Don't the Patriots play against the Jets twice a year? Aren't the Bills 9-3? They're also in the same division.
    Last edited by DoctorRaider; 12-05-2019 at 02:52 PM.

What I'm talking about is you nitpicking about how many quarters we've laid goose eggs with Carr at the helm? Our offense has been abysmal for three weeks if you include the 17 points we put up on Cincinnati at home. In 3 weeks we scored a combined 29 points against the Jets, Chiefs, and Bengals. You realize you're now nitpicking in defense of Carr right? Reaching for any and every excuse possible. With a top-notch offensive line, arguably the best RB in the NFL, and arguably the best TE in the NFL (at the moment), how does that happen? It's on Carr's shoulders man, it's painfully obvious and as a Raider fan, it's sad to see.

Carr's stats are inflated as always. We managed to score 17 points against the Bengals at home despite Carr going 25-29 for nearly 300 yards. How does that even happen? Jacobs also ran for 112 yards in the same game.

You were quick to point to Brady and how poor he's playing this season along with their division (AFC East) being weak, yet Brady's numbers are solid and the Patriots' record speaks for itself. Don't the Jets play in the same division as the Patriots? The Jets blasted us 34-3. Don't the Patriots play against the Jets twice a year? Aren't the Bills 9-3? They're also in the same division.
    I'm not nitpicking. You said we were "SHUTOUT" for 8 quarters. Jacobs fumbles inside the 10 yard line against the Bengals. Fumbles happen, it took 7 off the board. Brady has not been good the past three weeks. the competition has been better as well during that time frame. Last week against the Texans he has 200+ yards and 2 td's in the 4th quarter when they were down by three scores. He couldn't throw against the Eagles. The Eagles secondary is similar to ours in that everyone has a career game. He is having issues with the receivers running the wrong routes. It's what happens when you get players that don't the playbook. All he has is Edleman that he has confidence in. He was dumping the ball off to James White every play. The division hasn't been good for 20 years. The Jets had a run of like 2 or 3 years. Other then that. The Dolphins had a little run when the had Ricky Williams and the Bills made the playoffs once. Yes, the Bills are better this year but the division has been the worst in football for almost 20 years and it isn't close.

Joking about what?

Here is one thing that i can assure you if the pats had offered us Brady at the start of the season straight up for Carr we would have made that trade in a split second.

Brady at 42 is still a better QB than Carr, i get to watch Brady every week, in my opinion hes done, and the sad thing is that even though i believe hes done as a starting QB in this league if my life depended on a game i'd take Brady over Carr all day to be my QB.

Gruden is saying all of the right things to keep his trade value high but i'll be shocked if Carr is the starting QB for this team next year, i believe his run is over, i guess time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakr8der View Post
    Here is one thing that i can assure you if the pats had offered us Brady at the start of the season straight up for Carr we would have made that trade in a split second.

Brady at 42 is still a better QB than Carr, i get to watch Brady every week, in my opinion hes done, and the sad thing is that even though i believe hes done as a starting QB in this league if my life depended on a game i'd take Brady over Carr all day to be my QB.

Gruden is saying all of the right things to keep his trade value high but i'll be shocked if Carr is the starting QB for this team next year, i believe his run is over, i guess time will tell.
    Yep. Gruden isn't going to bash Carrbage. He's going to praise his work ethic and intelligence etc. Why destroy whatever trade value Carrbage has ?

But if you read between the lines it's not that difficult to surmise Gruden has had enough of DC.

He's been talking about the turnovers and the pick-sixes.

Subtle references to Carr being a 'good' QB that can be great. If Carr ain't great after 6 years...he's NEVER going to be great.

Seen some rumblings on Twatter about teammates being visibly deflated over Carrbage's incessant short shit, turnovers, and inability to get it done.

Like you, I think his run is over. Wouldn't be shocked if he goes to Vegas but barring a miraculous turn around that's definitely the end of the road for Carrbage.

Ummm... if Carr was lighting it up he would have never been taken out of the game in the fourth. Carr doesn't have receivers that scare anyone so defenses can dio exactly what the chiefs did to shut him down. So he forces balls into coverage hoping someone makes a play. Carr is playing frustrated ball and as a result is tossing interceptions and making mistakes because receivers aren't good enough to execute the offense. Give Carr some targets and see what we have then. My guess is not a hall of Famer but someone better than Foles or Rivers. Not every quarterback who's won a superbowl has gone to the hall of fame. However, repeat appearance requires a hall of Famer.

Quote Originally Posted by raider jim View Post
    Ummm... if Carr was lighting it up he would have never been taken out of the game in the fourth. Carr doesn't have receivers that scare anyone so defenses can dio exactly what the chiefs did to shut him down. So he forces balls into coverage hoping someone makes a play. Carr is playing frustrated ball and as a result is tossing interceptions and making mistakes because receivers aren't good enough to execute the offense. Give Carr some targets and see what we have then. My guess is not a hall of Famer but someone better than Foles or Rivers. Not every quarterback who's won a superbowl has gone to the hall of fame. However, repeat appearance requires a hall of Famer.
    I was on board until the Rivers comment. Carr is nothing compared to what Rivers was in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by raider jim View Post
    However, repeat appearance requires a hall of Famer.
    Here's a list of all quarterbacks who's been to multiple Superbowls:

Brady (6-3)
    Elway (2-3)
    Bradshaw (4-0)
    Montana (4-0)
    Staubach (2-2)
    Peyton Manning (2-2)
    Jim Kelly (0-4)
    Aikman (3-0)
    Bob Griese (2-1)
    Roethlisberger (2-1)
    Kurt Warner (1-2)