Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Brady

Carr played like shit yesterday but it seems like a lot of those saying to get rid of him are also the ones saying he needs to play perfect to win. That argument doesn’t make sense as a knock against Carr. If you need your quarterback to play perfect in order to win shouldn’t that say a lot more about the rest of the team instead of him?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders1992 View Post
    Carr played like shit yesterday but it seems like a lot of those saying to get rid of him are also the ones saying he needs to play perfect to win. That argument doesn’t make sense as a knock against Carr. If you need your quarterback to play perfect in order to win shouldn’t that say a lot more about the rest of the team instead of him?
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Currently he is 4-11 for 33 yards with an interception. He has Edelman and nothing else. Even the best has a difficult time with no help. They are down 14-3. Wonder if the Patriot fans are demanding they bench him after his third bad game in a row. The difference is the defense will keep them in the game, unlike the Raiders D.
    You are overlooking a few things and they are not small. The patriots have ALWAYS been a team that relied on a TE in that offense, i firmly believe they thought Gronk was coming back, fans here were going crazy.

Their OLINE is swiss cheese, Brady is getting killed, he's hit on almost every play, losing Brown as their LT was a huge loss and they have had injuries all year.

The running game has been a shadow of itself with the loss of James Develin, he might have been the best FB in the NFL, a huge role in that offense, a name that no one knows but one of the unsung heroes. Develin went on IR at the beginning of the season.

The next is Bradys elbow, i believe that there is more there than they are letting on. He is on the injury report each week, misses a practice or two and is throwing some horrible balls.

So defend Carr all you want, but he's not in his 40's although at times he plays like it.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Manning was a different story, he had no arm strength. Brady can still spin the ball. Not like he did 10 years ago but he is still effective. The Patriot offense relies on precision routes and timing patterns. When the receivers are not in synch the offense sputters. Outside of Edelman they don't have much. Meyers is a rookie UDFA, Dorsett isn't very good. But Dorsett is better than anything we have on hte roster. Losing Gronk also hurt. The tight ends are not good etiher. But the defense is good enough to keep them in games.
    I'm reading through this thread and laughing. The Patriots have been a Graveyard for WR's, go back over the years and look at what they have brought in, they just added Sanu and he can't pick it up, the complexity is tough for guys to pick up i believe Moss is the only guy that grasped it i believe AB would have been very good, i still think he could end up back here in Boston, but even look at Cooks they shipped him out. It's always a guy in the slot or the TE.

I don't see anyone demanding or expecting perfection from Carr. I do see quite a few fans that understand throwing interceptions, pick 6s makes it nearly impossible to win.

Carr has thrown more touchdown passes to the opposition in the last 2 weeks than he has to Raiders.

He's outscoring the Raiders on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by elshagon View Post
    I think both of you are right. Carr isn't very good and he doesn't have good wide receivers. It's painfully obvious we need a dynamic receiver, a true #1. Even more painful has been watching Carr play. He made some awful throws and decisions. I had two Raiders friends text me during the game to say Carr won't be making the trip to Vegas.
    Mack was traded because the salary he demanded would have handicapped this team for years. At $25M per year, Carr should not be throwing a pick 6 in a HUGE game and another interception to give the Chiefs 14 easy points.

The best teams in the NFL manage the cap, getting the most out of players per dollar paid.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    I don't see anyone demanding or expecting perfection from Carr. I do see quite a few fans that understand throwing interceptions, pick 6s makes it nearly impossible to win.

Carr has thrown more touchdown passes to the opposition in the last 2 weeks than he has to Raiders.

He's outscoring the Raiders on his own.
    I’ve seen plenty of people on this board say if Carr doesn’t play perfect tomorrow we won’t win

I’ve seen plenty of people on this board say if Carr doesn’t play perfect tomorrow we won’t win
    We are playing the biggest game of the season and what does Carr do; throw an easy interception....when Jacob was averaging something like 8 yards a carry at the time...I really think we could not have beaten the Chief; but at least go down fighting....

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    We are playing the biggest game of the season and what does Carr do; throw an easy interception....when Jacob was averaging something like 8 yards a carry at the time...I really think we could not have beaten the Chief; but at least go down fighting....
    When I said tomorrow I wasn’t talking about the chiefs game I just forgot to put quotation marks. It was said a few times earlier in the season

Where did you get that from? Most people are saying that everything around Carr needs to be perfect in order for him to win ball games. You've got it backwards.