Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sayings I'm so tired of hearing.

Sayings I'm so tired of hearing.

I got three. Two Raiders related and one just NFL related.

Mack is a generational player. Bull crap! He never made a single Raiders defense or player for that matter better! He went to a top 10 bears defense and made them a....top 10 unit. You could even say they have regressed this year. Should have kept the money, the pick and Fangio. But thanks Chicago 😉

Carr needs to protected productive Well duh! This is like saying you can't win if you don't score points. So does every QB who is not mobile? When has Brady lost SB's...when pressured up the middle. Just a dumb statement. Of course qb's are better in a clean pocket. But Carr over his career has a good passer ratting when blitzed. So he can make plays under pressure.

Kapernick is better than any backup in the league and deserves a shot Whatever...his last year in SF he was skipping balls to rb's out of the backfield on swing passes. I remember Haberman and Middlkauf roasting him on 95.7 all year and saying how bad he sucked. The media was even on him at first with his drama queen kneeling bit. Then when he played the inevitable race/I'm being blacklisted card the media all tucked tail on the tru narrative that he sucked and wasn't worth the headache and picked up his poor pitiful me bit. Please! Like I'm gonna get my philosophical world problem solving advice from a bunch of athletes who if it wasn't for playing on Saturdays likely wouldn't even pass a colleges entrance exam.

Bottom line...anyone that wears a T-shirt supporting Castro has so little grey matter between their ears, they aren't even worth our time.

I hope and NFL team gives him a shot, he shits the bed per usual and then said NFL team has a press conference immediately after they cut him and says "now can we be done with this side act? We gave him a shot just to prove to you talking heads what we've already know. He's a clown. A clown that sucks. He's a better actor than football player

Here's my most hated though. "Gruden won a SB with Dungey's players.

Really? So what does that say about Dungy not being able to with his players?

And did Dungy win a SB with the former Colts managers players.

Just dumb!

Quote Originally Posted by KC.RAIDER View Post
    I got three. Two Raiders related and one just NFL related.

Mack is a generational player. Bull crap! He never made a single Raiders defense or player for that matter better! He went to a top 10 bears defense and made them a....top 10 unit. You could even say they have regressed this year. Should have kept the money, the pick and Fangio. But thanks Chicago ��

Carr needs to protected productive Well duh! This is like saying you can't win if you don't score points. So does every QB who is not mobile? When has Brady lost SB's...when pressured up the middle. Just a dumb statement. Of course qb's are better in a clean pocket. But Carr over his career has a good passer ratting when blitzed. So he can make plays under pressure.

Kapernick is better than any backup in the league and deserves a shot Whatever...his last year in SF he was skipping balls to rb's out of the backfield on swing passes. I remember Haberman and Middlkauf roasting him on 95.7 all year and saying how bad he sucked. The media was even on him at first with his drama queen kneeling bit. Then when he played the inevitable race/I'm being blacklisted card the media all tucked tail on the tru narrative that he sucked and wasn't worth the headache and picked up his poor pitiful me bit. Please! Like I'm gonna get my philosophical world problem solving advice from a bunch of athletes who if it wasn't for playing on Saturdays likely wouldn't even pass a colleges entrance exam.

Bottom line...anyone that wears a T-shirt supporting Castro has so little grey matter between their ears, they aren't even worth our time.

I hope and NFL team gives him a shot, he shits the bed per usual and then said NFL team has a press conference immediately after they cut him and says "now can we be done with this side act? We gave him a shot just to prove to you talking heads what we've already know. He's a clown. A clown that sucks. He's a better actor than football player
    I never wanted to see Mack leave; he was drafted at number 4 spot and he turned out to be a great Raider draft pick...not a whole lot of Raiders 1st round pick did what Mack did; I think Woodson and Brown are up there....go to the Denver game a few years ago where he won the game by himself in Denver....I am over Mack now and have move on; but in my opinion the Raiders should have never let him leave...

I don't like the 'generational player' stuff either. That's overhyping Mack. I think Von Miller and JJ Watt were more devastating than Mack. And that's just in recent years, never mind a generation.

JJ Watt is on IR ever year. Downplaying Mack's significance is ludicrous. Neither one of those guys made 1st team All Pro at two different positions causing them to change the All Pro team makeup entirely due to Mack's dominance. Raider fans still trying to move on from a bad breakup with an ex and downplaying how good Mack is, is sad to see.

Mack's dominance ? When ? Where ?

What's the best sack total Mack has ever put up ?

Tremendous player, but overhyped. Generational player ? Nope. Not IMO.

I've moved on from Mack. Very happy with the trade results and more dividends are coming in the 2020 draft and free agency.

You're the one that's sad. Cue up some 'Breaking Up Is Hard To Do' by Neil Sedaka if you must. Then watch the tape of the Raiders beating Mack and the Bears in London. What happened to the 'generational player' that day ?

"Gauranteed 0-2. Almost definitely 0-6."

Just win, baby.

BATTER THE BUNGLES

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    JJ Watt is on IR ever year. Downplaying Mack's significance is ludicrous. Neither one of those guys made 1st team All Pro at two different positions causing them to change the All Pro team makeup entirely due to Mack's dominance. Raider fans still trying to move on from a bad breakup with an ex and downplaying how good Mack is, is sad to see.
    How did we manage to not go 0-6 without Khalil Mack this year? Who cares if he was voted to All-pro at two different positions? Was the reason our defense that year so bad was because he was playing two positions and we only had 10 men on the field?

The Raiders defense sucked regardless. He's like a point guard that can score 50 but never makes players around him better.

You can make the argument the Raiders defense is better this year without him and the Bears defense maintained what it was before him the first year but is now worse

That was simply semantics with the de/olb thing. He never played in a stand up olb role for any period of time.. He. I can label a safety an olb who plays the olb role more and you could have the same. Doesn't mean he's a all pro at both.

No one is saying Mack isn't an all pro. Were saying he despite the talent never made players or the defense around him better. That is what a generational player does. See Reggie White to the packers. Mack has not been able to do that for either team and thus the "generational player" tag is at best premature.

Quote Originally Posted by KC.RAIDER View Post
    That was simply semantics with the de/olb thing. He never played in a stand up olb role for any period of time.. He. I can label a safety an olb who plays the olb role more and you could have the same. Doesn't mean he's a all pro at both.

No one is saying Mack isn't an all pro. Were saying he despite the talent never made players or the defense around him better. That is what a generational player does. See Reggie White to the packers. Mack has not been able to do that for either team and thus the "generational player" tag is at best premature.
    In Macks' defense, the Raiders drafted terribly under Reggie and they didn't have much talent. Also Norton was running the show and he was a disaster. The defense was Mack and 10 other guys. Who else on that defense has succeeded with another franchise. Hint...nobody.