Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should Raiders pursue Clowney if he's a FA?

Should Raiders pursue Clowney if he's a FA?

Has he lived up to the hype? No. Is he a great run defender? Yes. Can he add juice to the pass rush yes. Can he generate a rush from inside if moved there at times on 3rd downs? I think so.

If not, anyone like Buckner if he makes FA?

KC.

Quote Originally Posted by KC.RAIDER View Post
    Has he lived up to the hype? No. Is he a great run defender? Yes. Can he add juice to the pass rush yes. Can he generate a rush from inside if moved there at times on 3rd downs? I think so.

If not, anyone like Buckner if he makes FA?

KC.
    If the Raiders wanted to sign someone like him. They should of just kept Mack. Hes going to want Mack or close to Mack Money

He won't get that kind of money. No where near the production.

And if we would have kept Mack we're not where we are today.

I agree that if we would have kept Mack we wouldn't be where we are today. With that said we cannot shy away from signing high priced free agents just because we traded what most considered a generational player. We are in a much better situation now to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by KC.RAIDER View Post
    He won't get that kind of money. No where near the production.

And if we would have kept Mack we're not where we are today.
    You really don't know that about Mack; Mack is a game changer...during Mack raider career; I have seen many time he cause a sack or fumble which could have gone in our favour; but the offense did nothing with it....

No thanks. We currently have two young DE's in Crosby and Ferrell. Clowney is a good football player. And could get lazy after he signs a big contract. He was lazy at South Carolina and Houston didn't want to resign him. Watt has been injured and is getting older. THis team needs a lot of help on defense and paying Clowney what he will want is too much. Let the Jets sign him to a $100 million contract.
    Last edited by psly2124; 11-14-2019 at 06:23 AM.

No ... he’s had injury / knee issues . Keep developing the young guys

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Youth for the future.

I would pass. With Ferrell, Crosby, that's the future at both ends. Kick in Key and we can always sign a Mayowa type in free agency to round out the group. I think we need a dominant DT more than anything else. Someone that can push the pocket and stop the run.

pass,screw 20 million dollar plus free agent build thru the draft and add strategic free agents that can help instead plus i dont see either of these players going anywhere,i would go after dante fowler from the rams whom is on a 1 yr deal,rams simply cannot afford him with jaylen ramsays max deal and cooper kupps deal coming up next yr,their already in trouble with the cap as it is

https://www.lineups.com/nfl/player-s...ante-fowler-jr

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/201...ts-disruption/

As the graphic notes, a disruption is a QB pressure, hurry or sack. Fowler and Donald both rank in the top three in the NFL with 15 QB hurries each. In total pressures, Fowler ranks seventh with 25, while Donald is tied for eighth with 24 of his own.

Those two are doing most of the damage for the Rams
    Last edited by mstrbass2000; 11-14-2019 at 08:17 AM.