Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MVR's - Most Valuable Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    if we made carr available we would have at least 10 teams knocking down our doors for his services
    Yes, they would. And there would be at least 10 teams who would clearly take a pass because they have better QBs or QBs who better fit in today's NFL.

Carr has played well, but he also has his limitations.

He has a very strong arm.

But he also sometimes takes a little too long to get through his progressions.

He understands the offense very well.

But he also sometimes tends to lack situational awareness (i.e. fourth down grounding, fumbling ball through end zone).

He is very accurate.

But he also doesn't buy time in the pocket like the truly elite QBs, such as Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Prescott, extending plays and giving his teammates opportunities to have some big plays down the field.

Just an honest, personal assessment of his abilities.

If he has a very strong offensive line, most of these limitations can be overcome.

If he doesn't, then his limitations won't allow him to overcome his jittery feet.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    Yes, they would. And there would be at least 10 teams who would clearly take a pass because they have better QBs or QBs who better fit in today's NFL.

But he also sometimes tends to lack situational awareness (i.e. fourth down grounding, fumbling ball through end zone).

He is very accurate.

But he also doesn't buy time in the pocket like the truly elite QBs, such as Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Prescott, extending plays and giving his teammates opportunities to have some big plays down the field.

If he has a very strong offensive line, most of these limitations can be overcome.

If he doesn't, then his limitations won't allow him to overcome his jittery feet.
    derek carr is currently ranked #8 by pff for best qbs

Miller has played very well and is now one of the best pass blocking left tackles in the league. I also love his athleticism -- the ability to get out even on defensive backs on quick passes to WRs. He's one of the league's best in terms of overall athleticism.
    10 yr stud left tackle whom many were calling a bust last yr after 5 games is worth twice what derwin james is worth as a pro bowl safety

He is very accurate.

Did you just call Dak Prescott elite? Am I reading that correctly? You point to 2 plays. The grounding play. Have you rewatched the play? I Have at least 20 times. Unless he was able to throw the ball threw the defender, he has nowhere to throw the ball. I repeat no man on planet earth could have completed the pass. Nobody. It was impossible. Rewatch the play. As for the fumble, it happens. 6 inches, nobody is talking about the play. Yet have you ever seen Dak Prescott play? Watch a cowboy game with the volume off. The volume on your TV needs to be off. The announcers will brainwash you into thinking he's good. Then watch the game again and listen to the announcers call him great and how he can make every throw. Its an absolute lovefest for him. It's sickening. No way anyone can watch a full cowboy game and think that Dak Prescott is even a decent QB. Nobody will ever think that He's better then Carr. The Cowboys know it, that's why they have not signed him to a contract yet. Has an "elite" QB waited this long for a team to sign him? Watch him again. If you have ever watched a football game in your life, you will come to the same conclusion. That Dak Prescott isn't good. If Dak Prescott were the QB of the Raiders we would be sitting at 2-7 ot 5-4. These are the teams "elite" Dak Prescott beat this year. Giants(2), Redskins, Dolphins, Eagles. 3 of the worst teams in football. They even lost to the Jets.
    Last edited by psly2124; 11-11-2019 at 09:54 AM.

if we made carr available we would have at least 10 teams knocking down our doors for his services
    Quick, name 10

Quote Originally Posted by Raidermackin View Post
    Quick, name 10
    Bears, Dolphins, Redskins, Bucs, Titans, Denver, Chargers, Jaguars, Colts, Panthers, Saints, Patriots, Bengals, Steelers. Thats 14. Rivers, Brady, Brees and Big Ben can't play forever. After this season it's possible you can add the Browns, Lions, Cowboys and Jets to the list. Stafford has been playing with a broken back for several years. Similar to the Tony Romo and Carr injury.
    Last edited by psly2124; 11-11-2019 at 11:24 AM.

Your're right

10 yr stud left tackle whom many were calling a bust last yr after 5 games is worth twice what derwin james is worth as a pro bowl safety
    Quality left tackles are hard to come by. This kid is only going to get better.

Against Miller & Chubb - 0 sacks.
    Against Mack - 0 sacks.

Interesting article on Dak Prescott for a few who apparently don't watch much football:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/11/nfl...ngs-highlights

Even with Cowboys coaches doing everything in their power to blow the game, Dak Prescott was the story of the night. At least he should be. His numbers weren’t overly impressive: He completed 28-of-46 passes (60.9%) for 347 yards, three touchdowns and one pick. On a day where Lamar Jackson put up a perfect passer rating and took a Bengals player’s soul right on the field in a blowout win, what Prescott did might go under-appreciated by the media. That should not be the case. For me, it was the night Dak established himself as one of the NFL’s elite quarterbacks.

It was as complete a performance as I’ve seen from a quarterback since … well, maybe ever. There were highlight-reel throws downfield, shrewd pre-snap checks and protection changes, plays that required Prescott to exhaust his progressions while avoiding hits in the pocket and plenty examples of his ability to create outside of structure when a play breaks down. I don’t think I’m exaggerating when I say there are only two or three quarterbacks in the league capable of putting together such a comprehensive display of quarterbacking. It was an elite performance, which should not come as a shock since Prescott has been playing at an elite level all season — and for the majority of his short career.

That may sound reactionary, but Prescott has now played about three-and-a-half seasons in the NFL. He was an MVP candidate after an amazing rookie campaign. Things didn’t change over the first half of his sophomore season until his supporting cast was hit hard by injuries and a suspension to Ezekiel Elliott. Prescott was still playing well but his production had fallen off and that continued on into the 2018 season until the Amari Cooper trade reinvigorated the Cowboys offense. Since that move, Dallas has gotten MVP-level production from its quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Bears, Dolphins, Redskins, Bucs, Titans, Denver, Chargers, Jaguars, Colts, Panthers, Saints, Patriots, Bengals, Steelers. Thats 14. Rivers, Brady, Brees and Big Ben can't play forever. After this season it's possible you can add the Browns, Lions, Cowboys and Jets to the list. Stafford has been playing with a broken back for several years. Similar to the Tony Romo and Carr injury.
    Probably the Giants and Jets as well.

Interesting article on Dak Prescott for a few who apparently don't watch much football:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/11/nfl...ngs-highlights

Even with Cowboys coaches doing everything in their power to blow the game, Dak Prescott was the story of the night. At least he should be. His numbers weren’t overly impressive: He completed 28-of-46 passes (60.9%) for 347 yards, three touchdowns and one pick. On a day where Lamar Jackson put up a perfect passer rating and took a Bengals player’s soul right on the field in a blowout win, what Prescott did might go under-appreciated by the media. That should not be the case. For me, it was the night Dak established himself as one of the NFL’s elite quarterbacks.

It was as complete a performance as I’ve seen from a quarterback since … well, maybe ever. There were highlight-reel throws downfield, shrewd pre-snap checks and protection changes, plays that required Prescott to exhaust his progressions while avoiding hits in the pocket and plenty examples of his ability to create outside of structure when a play breaks down. I don’t think I’m exaggerating when I say there are only two or three quarterbacks in the league capable of putting together such a comprehensive display of quarterbacking. It was an elite performance, which should not come as a shock since Prescott has been playing at an elite level all season — and for the majority of his short career.

That may sound reactionary, but Prescott has now played about three-and-a-half seasons in the NFL. He was an MVP candidate after an amazing rookie campaign. Things didn’t change over the first half of his sophomore season until his supporting cast was hit hard by injuries and a suspension to Ezekiel Elliott. Prescott was still playing well but his production had fallen off and that continued on into the 2018 season until the Amari Cooper trade reinvigorated the Cowboys offense. Since that move, Dallas has gotten MVP-level production from its quarterback.
    Again watch him play. The media has a love fest for cowboys they always have. The article says he was an MVP candidate after his rookie year. Am I missing something? They won games because of Zeke. Did you not watch him play the Raiders two years ago. He could barely complete a pass. Keep believing the media and the garbage that they write. WHO HAS HE BEATEN? The Dolphin, the Giants twice, the Redskins. And an eagle team with no defensive backs. Impressive. If Dak were the QB of the Raiders they would be at best 2-7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilzj4Q8eOmg

Against a terrible Raider D. Sean Smith couldn't cover anyone. THis is elite. Go root for the cowboys.
    Last edited by psly2124; 11-11-2019 at 01:00 PM.