Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MVR's - Most Valuable Raiders

Oh. Forgot to mention Marc Davis. He'll never be the football genius his old man was, but he had the smarts to pester Gruden for years to come back and to pay the big bucks to make it happen. Also took a bunch of heat for hiring Mayock. And of course, we've finally got that shiny new stadium being built in Vegas.

Value of the Raider franchise has gone up tremendously and the future is looking bright.

Mock the haircut all you want. Davis deserves credit for transforming the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Listen here you fucking piece of shit. I showed you the play. You had no fucking comment after I fucking posted. it. You are a fucking imbecile. You and your fucking boyfriend can go suck each other off. Go fucking hang yourself you dumb fuck. I've asked you 30 fucking times. Find me a game a punter won. You cannot do it. So your comment of the punter is the most important position...is the dumbest comment ever posted on this board. You are as worthless as punters.
    LOL. You're way too easy. Poor little Shorty Sylvester on tilt, again. GFY.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    LOL. You're way too easy. Poor little Shorty Sylvester on tilt, again. GFY.
    Keep fucking yourself you fucking loser. Die a slow painful death scumbag. You don't understand football dipshit. Do the world and your family a favor and just off yourself. Here you go scumbag. He has to throw threw #54 for Richard to even possibly touch the ball. You want Carr to do some shit with a football thats never been done, some type of masse pass.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/11/...18-jon-gruden/
    Last edited by psly2124; 11-11-2019 at 06:17 PM.

Keep fucking yourself you fucking loser. Die a slow painful death scumbag. You don't understand football dipshit. Do the world and your family a favor and just off yourself.
    Oh, I do love watching you meltdown, Shorty. From your flat out lying about me saying that punter is the most important position to your homosexual fantasies, it's epic entertainment. Not bad for a midget.

BATTER THE BUNGLES.

Raiderman818

LMAO. Quite possibly the dumbest comment ever posted on a football forum, and that's saying alot. Right up there with 'punting has zero importance'.

Tell the forum what the score of the game was, how much time was left, and where the ball was.

Trying to throw the ball 'threw' the defender would have been a better option than throwing it into the ground. Must have been a really HUGE defender too as he had the entire field and every Raider receiver covered. The defender had everyone covered and it was impossible for Carr to complete any pass. In fact, Carr was lucky to even throw the ball anywhere !

Oh, but wait... Carr did get a pass off....and he completed it....right into the ground...game over.

You can watch the play 10,000 times and it still won't matter. You don't understand football. Carr made an idiotic decision and a loser's play when he grounded that ball.

Quit trying to defend the indefensible and just accept that DC fucked up.

BATTER THE BUNGLES
    What the heck is wrong with psly2124.

He clearly doesn't understand and likely didn't play much football.

QBs in a tough, close game do everything they can to extend a play on fourth down -- to give their team a chance to win. They don't throw it into the ground. They scramble and try to create something -- anything. Even if you throw it into double coverage, your player has a chance.

Remember the Sea of Hands game? Stabler scrambled and was being tackled from behind from Vern DenHerder. He couldn't even get the pass off with much on it, but he threw it accurately. The result was Clarence Davis caught the ball between three Dolphins and we won the game.

You gotta try. You got to give your team a chance to win. You've got to do something.

Carr has played well this year, but he's also made similar bonehead plays.

I still believe Gruden and Mayock are wondering at least a little if the Raiders would be better off with a much cheaper "game manager" QB, which would allow them to dramatically upgrade the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post

QBs in a tough, close game do everything they can to extend a play on fourth down -- to give their team a chance to win. They don't throw it into the ground. They scramble and try to create something -- anything. Even if you throw it into double coverage, your player has a chance.

Remember the Sea of Hands game? Stabler scrambled and was being tackled from behind from Vern DenHerder. He couldn't even get the pass off with much on it, but he threw it accurately. The result was Clarence Davis caught the ball between three Dolphins and we won the game.

You gotta try. You got to give your team a chance to win. You've got to do something.

I still believe Gruden and Mayock are wondering at least a little if the Raiders would be better off with a much cheaper "game manager" QB, which would allow them to dramatically upgrade the defense.
    carr has played way better then just good he is currently pff #8 qb

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post

Are you blind too? Click on the play. There is nowhere to throw the fucking ball. Carr extended the play and had #54 bearing down on him. He cannot throw the between the number 54 and the ball appears out of the back and into Richards hands. Richard is covered like a blanker, actually in front of where the ball has to be delivered. Everyone else that was running the pattern, didn't do squat. Carr doesn't have many options on the play. He can hold onto the ball a second longer and take a sack. Do the impossible throw a ball around a defender, kind of like the magic bullet. Or throw higher and without a doubt, it would have been intercepted. Or throw the ball and possibly draw a pass interference or holding penalty on the defensive back. And to answer your question I have played football, I watched more football and I know more football then you will ever know. Yeah I remember the Sea of hands game. It called intentional grounding now. So that wasn't an option. That would be a loss of down and a turnover. Your belief system needs to be checked, Mayock and Gruden are not wondering if the can get rid of carr for something cheaper. He isn't a game manger. Dipshit. You need to do something. Like stop posting idiotic rants. He's QB of the Oakland Raider, for now, and the next 4 years. Get used to it.

Raiderman818

Are you blind too? Click on the play. There is nowhere to throw the fucking ball. Carr extended the play and had #54 bearing down on him. He cannot throw the between the number 54 and the ball appears out of the back and into Richards hands. Richard is covered like a blanker, actually in front of where the ball has to be delivered. Everyone else that was running the pattern, didn't do squat. Carr doesn't have many options on the play. He can hold onto the ball a second longer and take a sack. Do the impossible throw a ball around a defender, kind of like the magic bullet. Or throw higher and without a doubt, it would have been intercepted. Or throw the ball and possibly draw a pass interference or holding penalty on the defensive back. And to answer your question I have played football, I watched more football and I know more football then you will ever know. Yeah I remember the Sea of hands game. It called intentional grounding now. So that wasn't an option. That would be a loss of down and a turnover. Your belief system needs to be checked, Mayock and Gruden are not wondering if the can get rid of carr for something cheaper. He isn't a game manger. Dipshit. You need to do something. Like stop posting idiotic rants. He's QB of the Oakland Raider, for now, and the next 4 years. Get used to it.

Is this guy like 12?

What do you do on fourth down with the game on the line when your primary target is covered?

1) Try to make a player miss, buying yourself some time and giving a receiver another second to try to break free?
    2) Throw the ball to the player who is covered the least, at least giving the teammate a chance for a catch or a PI penalty?
    3) Throw the ball into the ground?

I don't know, seems like the first two would be better options, since you're turning the ball over anyway. But of course, that's just me and not a person who clearly knows that Carr made the best, most logical choice of throwing the ball away -- ON FOURTH DOWN.

Hey Midget, the following is from the link you posted.....have you read it yet ?
    ======================================
    The nearly all-encompassing play was the most important of Sunday’s contest for Oakland — the Raiders were down by two touchdowns with a little more than four minutes to play, facing a fourth and 5 at the Chargers’ 19-yard line.

And with the game on the line, Carr took the snap, rolled to his right, cocked his arm back, and riffled the ball into the turf five yards behind the line of scrimmage.

Ballgame over.

The metaphor was so obvious it borders on corny.

The play was poorly executed from the start, and but instead of trying to make something out of it when his No. 1 option, running back Jalen Richard, was covered — instead of improvising, throwing to one of the four other receivers who ran routes, or hurling the ball into the air, just to see what could happen — Carr instead opted to ground it and end the possession.

In other words: Carr tanked the play.

After the game, Carr claimed there was no other option but Richard on the failed pick play — though you could have fooled the four other Raiders receivers who ran routes and were looking for the ball. Carr also insisted that he would have “absolutely” been sacked by Chargers’ defensive end Melvin Ingram had he not thrown it away. (That part is probably true, Ingram needed milliseconds to shed his block.)

“Stuff happens,” Carr said.
    ==================================
    LMAO ! Quite an excuse by DC....stuff happens.....bwahahaha.

Hey Shorty, in case you're not aware of this, Richard wasn't Carr's only option.

Anything is better than grounding the ball in that situation.

Let that sink in.

Yes, it would have been better to try to throw the ball 'threw' (lol dumbass)
    the defender.

Might get a deflection.

Float the fucking ball up anywhere and hope for a catch.

ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN GROUNDING THE BALL THERE. GROUNDING THE BALL ENDS THE GAME.

WHAT PART OF 'GAME OVER' DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND ?

How fucking dense can you be not to understand that ?

Amazing that you can't simply accept that DC fucked up by grounding the ball.

You're without a doubt the dumbest person that posts on this forum.

Oh. Forgot to mention Marc Davis. He'll never be the football genius his old man was, but he had the smarts to pester Gruden for years to come back and to pay the big bucks to make it happen. Also took a bunch of heat for hiring Mayock. And of course, we've finally got that shiny new stadium being built in Vegas.

Value of the Raider franchise has gone up tremendously and the future is looking bright.

Mock the haircut all you want. Davis deserves credit for transforming the organization.
    A smart person is smart enough to know what he doesn't know. I give Mark Davis credit for going after Gruden and getting Mayock.

Funny story. I was on the way to South Korea a few years ago when I see this guy in a white leisure/athletic suit in Los Angeles. He looked familiar. It was Mark Davis. I yelled, "Hey Mark," and he turned and walked towards me. We talked Raiders football for a few minutes and I got a picture with him. Nice guy.