Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lsu-bama

Lsu-bama

Both teams have players on both sides of the ball that Raiders will be scouting. No doubt Mayock will be at this game. With the Raiders having 2 first round picks and 3 third round picks and a couple of day 3 picks. It would not surprise me if the Raiders drafted at least two players in this game in the upcoming draft. Possible 10 first rounders in the 2020 draft. Both teams are stacked with talent at the position Raiders need. Everyone knows the two QB will be taken in the top 5 Burrow and Tua. 5 or 6 offensive linemen will be drafted. Bama has more 1st 2nd round talent. LSU is more day 2 or 3 talent on the offensive line. Close to 20 players will get draft in the upcoming draft. LSU has the top freshman corner Derek Stingley and Bama has top Sophmore CB Patrick Surtain. Both will be top 5 players when the are eligible to declare. 40 players in this game will be in NFL uniforms in the next 3 years. The raiders need a backup running back with Washington and Richard both free agents next year.

WR. Justin Jefferson LSU. 2-3rd round
    WR Jerry Juedy Bama. 1st round
    WR Henry Ruggs Bama 1st round
    WR Devonta Smith Bama 3-4th round
    RB Najee Harris Bama 3rd round
    RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire 5th round
    DE Raekwon Smith Bama 1-2 round
    DE Anfernee Jennings Bama. 2-3 round
    DT Rashard Lawrence 2-3rd round
    OLB Terrell Lewis Bama 2nd round
    OLB Klavon Chaisson 2nd round
    MLB Patrick Queen. 4th round
    MLB Jacob Phillips. 3rd-4th
    CB Kristian Fulton 1st round
    CB Trevon Diggs Bama. 1st round
    S Grant Delpit 1st round
    S Xavier mcKinney. 2nd round
    S Shyheim Carter 3-4th round
    Last edited by psly2124; 11-09-2019 at 04:16 AM.

Mayock said in his Eisen interview that he planned on going to the game but can't now because something is going on here. I wonder if we have another signing coming?

That is quite a list of talent there. He is injured this year but I wouldn't mind seeing linebacker Dylan Moses in silver and black next year.
    Last edited by Thump; 11-09-2019 at 04:20 AM. Reason: added Moses.

Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    Mayock said in his Eisen interview that he planned on going to the game but can't now because something is going on here. I wonder if we have another signing coming?

That is quite a list of talent there. He is injured this year but I wouldn't mind seeing linebacker Dylan Moses in silver and black next year.
    Moses would look nice in the silver and black. He's from Baton Rouge and was a commit from his freshman year and went Bama on signing day. So my dislike of Moses is only because he didn't go to LSU. He's had a couple of major injuries, so he might drop him out of the first round. LSU has another linebacker that was a mid round guy that just quit the team this week. Michael Divinity.

Lot of guys in the first round we wil be looking at. I was really high on Grant Delpit last year. Thought he was going to be a top 10 pick. Not so sure he is anymore, he is still the top safety in this draft class. His tackling has been poor, he's missed a lot of takles. Maybe that had to do with he was never really a good takler and just had Devin White last year that was a machine, who made every tackle.. And he covered for Delpit's flaws. He does have an inured ankle and should play. A lot of players are going to make some money today in this game. The Raiders will be looking at Diggs from Bama, he will be matched up with Jefferson. And Fulton should be matched up with one of 2 first rounders Juedy and Ruggs.
    Last edited by psly2124; 11-09-2019 at 05:25 AM.

I think another thing that is going to come into play is that with the job that Gruden and Mayock have done we are not going to have to overpay anymore to get free agents to join us. People are going to want to come to Vegas to join an improving team and be in a state with lower taxes. We have picks and cap for next season and I can't wait to see what Gruden and Mayock do next.

Delpit hurt himself in this game,tua not as good as advertised,a system type qb imo,burrow the real deal,najee stud

I have to disagree about Tua. He threw for over 400 yards on a bad ankle and his receivers had several drops. The guy was limping all over the field and even though he is going to be a millionaire soon he went to battle for his brothers. Both those QB's will be picked before we get to use one of our first round picks next year. I should also add that even though I think Tua is great I would not pick him. Ankle injuries seem to have a way of coming back and since he has surgery on both ankles playing college ball that scares me for what will happen in the pros.
    There were tons of guys on that field yesterday that I would love to see in silver and black.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    Delpit hurt himself in this game,tua not as good as advertised,a system type qb imo,burrow the real deal,najee stud
    I was never a fan of Tua. He has so much talent around him. Possibly the top receiving group in the country. And one of the best offensive lines in the country. His ball doesn't have the zip on it. He reminds me of a more mobile Matt Leinert. Borrow is the real deal. I've been down on Delpit this year. His tackling has been poor, he was playing injured. Mckinney may have passed him as the top safety in the draft. He was the best player on the Bama defense. Fulton locked himself in as the #2 corner in the draft behind the Ohio State kid. I think Diggs hurt himself, he was getting abused by our receivers. Agree with Najee, he could be the first RB taken. He was the #1 recruit in the country a few years back. Edwards-helaire looked like a smaller version of MJD. He looks like a perfect 3rd down back. Runs hard and has great hands. Maybe our backup in the 4th or 5th round. Raiders drafted two guys from Bama/LSU last year. This year the could take 3/4. These teams are loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    I was never a fan of Tua. He has so much talent around him. Possibly the top receiving group in the country. And one of the best offensive lines in the country. His ball doesn't have the zip on it. He reminds me of a more mobile Matt Leinert. Borrow is the real deal. I've been down on Delpit this year. His tackling has been poor, he was playing injured. Mckinney may have passed him as the top safety in the draft. He was the best player on the Bama defense. Fulton locked himself in as the #2 corner in the draft behind the Ohio State kid. I think Diggs hurt himself, he was getting abused by our receivers. Agree with Najee, he could be the first RB taken. He was the #1 recruit in the country a few years back. Edwards-helaire looked like a smaller version of MJD. He looks like a perfect 3rd down back. Runs hard and has great hands. Maybe our backup in the 4th or 5th round. Raiders drafted two guys from Bama/LSU last year. This year the could take 3/4. These teams are loaded.
    tua has the hype but i question his arm strength and decision making ability when under duress,i think he is ordinary skill wise

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    tua has the hype but i question his arm strength and decision making ability when under duress,i think he is ordinary skill wise
    Leinert is a perfect comp. Both got a lot of hype. Both had weaker arm and both teams USC and Bama were loaded with talent. Three other day 2 picks stocks are up. Chiasson for LSU had 10 tackles and Smith hung 200 and Jennings for Bama. It would not surprise me if Bama had 7 or 8 first rounders drafted. LSU will have 7 day 1 and day 2 picks.