Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Gabe Jackson

  1. #1

    Gabe Jackson

    Gave up both sacks yesterday. Do people still think he's playing at a "pro bowl" level? Him and Hudson couldn't stop Ingram on the inside move. Very good chance he gets traded this offseason. Don't know what his value is, Guards hold little to none. As witnessed by the KO trade last offseason. Maybe a 5th because he's younger then KO.

  2. #2
    I think he's still working his way back, would give him another game or so before making any judgements. We do have Good in the wings but it's good to have depth as we all know at this point.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by srfndoc View Post
    I think he's still working his way back, would give him another game or so before making any judgements. We do have Good in the wings but it's good to have depth as we all know at this point.
    Good's been solid for us, end of last year, early this year. Good is one of the reasons I feel confident about moving Gabe for a 3rd-4th round draft pick.

  4. #4
    I think Gabe is solid. His salary makes him expendable but as long as we aren't in cap trouble, I see no reason to dump him.

    Don't fix what ain't broken. Keep this Oline together. As a unit, they're a huge team strength.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    I think Gabe is solid. His salary makes him expendable but as long as we aren't in cap trouble, I see no reason to dump him.

    Don't fix what ain't broken. Keep this Oline together. As a unit, they're a huge team strength.
    been saying gabe was next on the chopping block,good for 1/5th of gabes salary was as good if not better

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    I think Gabe is solid. His salary makes him expendable but as long as we aren't in cap trouble, I see no reason to dump him.

    Don't fix what ain't broken. Keep this Oline together. As a unit, they're a huge team strength.
    I agree; Gabe is a very good RG, even better LG.....sure he overpaid but he in a position that does not need addressing in the near future; he still a baby...I remember when Gabe went down with an injurie at the beginning of the season and Jgrange said; Raiders are going 0-6....he just made an important point on how important this guy was to the team....

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    been saying gabe was next on the chopping block,good for 1/5th of gabes salary was as good if not better
    Gabe Jackson is a solid RG, even better LG...why do you get rid of someone that doing a great job at his position because he making too much money...Raiders at this moment in time are in excellent shape regarding the salary cap...I think more about keeping the best players on the team rather than keep getting rid of the best player....

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    I agree; Gabe is a very good RG, even better LG.....sure he overpaid but he in a position that does not need addressing in the near future; he still a baby...I remember when Gabe went down with an injurie at the beginning of the season and Jgrange said; Raiders are going 0-6....he just made an important point on how important this guy was to the team....
    He isn't that important and the Raiders didn't miss a beat when he went out. Good played fine at 1/5 the salary. The Raiders don't have cap issues next season but eventually, his salary is too high for a position that doesn't deserve to be paid 10+ million per season. Incognito is playing great and he's making the NFL minimum. You don't pay guards 10 + per season, it's idiotic and insane.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    He isn't that important and the Raiders didn't miss a beat when he went out. Good played fine at 1/5 the salary. The Raiders don't have cap issues next season but eventually, his salary is too high for a position that doesn't deserve to be paid 10+ million per season. Incognito is playing great and he's making the NFL minimum. You don't pay guards 10 + per season, it's idiotic and insane.
    does anyone know if richie is a 1 yr deal only ??? cause if he is we need to add yrs to his deal,richie has been a stud and a force for good in the locker room richie made us forget about ose and good made us not miss gabe

    ps we should trade gabe off for a pick,i think he is young enough with multiple yrs left on his salary we might be able to get a 4th for him

  10. #10
    If Gabe doesnt show huge improvement by Years end I could see us extending Good and trading Gabe, no doubt. So far our best OL combo has been Miller/Incognito/Hudson/Good/T. Brown

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •