Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44

Thread: Gabe Jackson

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by wmike632 View Post
    All dumping Jackson for a 3rd does is create a hole where there wasn't one. Also there is a very small chance Incognito is back, and certainly not at this years salary. Right now the Raiders need 1 wr, 2 lb's and a cb. They have 2 first round picks and enough cap space to bring in 2 quality free agents, plus the Veas money will start coming in. There is zero reason to create another hole, especially in the o line
    I agree on what you are saying; Jackson
    is a good RG and yes he is overpaid, but why get rid of him and replace him
    with someone else....I notice fans keep saying good things about Good as his
    replacement; well what Good doing right now...injured, and who to say Good
    will not be like that during his career...injury prone....

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    I agree on what you are saying; Jackson
    is a good RG and yes he is overpaid, but why get rid of him and replace him
    with someone else....I notice fans keep saying good things about Good as his
    replacement; well what Good doing right now...injured, and who to say Good
    will not be like that during his career...injury prone....
    injuries are a part of the game hell gabe jackson has been injured multiple times over the last few yrs too,bottom line is good was able to play at a high level making most of us not even miss gabe jackson and kid cost's 1/5th of what gabe is making

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    injuries are a part of the game hell gabe jackson has been injured multiple times over the last few yrs too,bottom line is good was able to play at a high level making most of us not even miss gabe jackson and kid cost's 1/5th of what gabe is making
    Not regarding anything about what he is
    being paid; do you think he any good at
    RG...my opinion is that he one of top guards
    in the NFL and if he was release from he
    would get good contract elsewhere....

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Not regarding anything about what he is
    being paid; do you think he any good at
    RG...my opinion is that he one of top guards
    in the NFL and if he was release from he
    would get good contract elsewhere....
    Heck yeah, Gabe is good. I think you're right that he's one of the better guards in the NFL. I think he's a better player than Good. Whether he's worth the money is another question entirely. Since we've got plenty of cap room my thinking is don't fix what ain't broken. Keep the offensive line intact. If we were cap strapped and looking to cut costs I can see moving Gabe or restructuring his contract, but that's not the case. Leave it alone and concentrate on upgrading what needs to be upgraded.

    BATTER THE BUNGLES

  5. #25
    Just took a look at the average salary for guards in the NFL and there 11 players making more than 10 million a season; and next season more players will be making more than 10 million a season; starting next season Jackson will go on hold-out because he going to think he underpaid at 9 million a season....I just realize how many NFL guards are making over 10 million a season where Gabe contract does not really look that bad compared to other;

    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/guard/

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Just took a look at the average salary for guards in the NFL and there 11 players making more than 10 million a season; and next season more players will be making more than 10 million a season; starting next season Jackson will go on hold-out because he going to think he underpaid at 9 million a season....I just realize how many NFL guards are making over 10 million a season where Gabe contract does not really look that bad compared to other;

    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/guard/
    He won't hold out. When he signed the contract I think, 5 guards were making 10 per year. KO was too. Raiders had 40% of the guards making 10+ million. With the salary cap going up, more will be added each year. It doesn't make it right. Teams love wasting money and spending 10+ on a guard is wasted money.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Not regarding anything about what he is
    being paid; do you think he any good at
    RG...my opinion is that he one of top guards
    in the NFL and if he was release from he
    would get good contract elsewhere....
    im not talking about releasing him im talking about trading him off like we did with ose and getting draft capital back,then we could draft another good young guard with one of our 3rd rd pick to back up good while also dumping 10 million in salary,ose was a better guard then gabe jackson and we got rid of him and replaced with incognito whom is much better then ose i think good can be as good if not better for much cheaper

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    He won't hold out. When he signed the contract I think, 5 guards were making 10 per year. KO was too. Raiders had 40% of the guards making 10+ million. With the salary cap going up, more will be added each year. It doesn't make it right. Teams love wasting money and spending 10+ on a guard is wasted money.
    the problem is gabe is anot anywhere near a stud top 10 guard currently,dudes more like 25-30 guard this yr,just got destroyed by san d eggo giving up 2 sacks

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    the problem is gabe is anot anywhere near a stud top 10 guard currently,dudes more like 25-30 guard this yr,just got destroyed by san d eggo giving up 2 sacks
    I'm aware. I've been hearing from fans that he is "pro bowl caliber". I was laughed at and mocked when I said he was expendable and overpaid. Guards just don't hold value. We are not cash strapped, I think he stays on for another year. Unless a team like the Rams or Browns offer up draft picks or a player capable of starting on the defense. Or his play continues to be subpar. He is coming off a knee injury and might not be 100%. So I could cut him some slack on his play for that.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    I'm aware. I've been hearing from fans that he is "pro bowl caliber". I was laughed at and mocked when I said he was expendable and overpaid. Guards just don't hold value. We are not cash strapped, I think he stays on for another year. Unless a team like the Rams or Browns offer up draft picks or a player capable of starting on the defense. Or his play continues to be subpar. He is coming off a knee injury and might not be 100%. So I could cut him some slack on his play for that.
    ive been saying since right after we got rid of ose gabe and joseph were next to go and i dont see that anything has changed our oline was dominant even without gabe in the lineup and he comes back and hasn't exactly played good,just got owned by san d eggo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •