Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Draft: Bears pick is now top 10

2020 Draft: Bears pick is now top 10

NFL Draft Order as of Week 10 of the 2019 NFL season.
    1.Cincinnati Bengals (0-8)
    2.Washington Redskins (1-8)
    3.New York Jets (1-7)
    4.Miami Dolphins (1-7)
    5.Atlanta Falcons (1-7)
    6.New York Giants (1-7)
    7.Cleveland Browns (2-6)
    8.Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-6)
    9.Denver Broncos (3-6)
    10.Oakland Raiders (via 3-5 Bears)
    11.Arizona Cardinals (3-5-1)
    12.Detroit Lions (3-4-1)
    13.Jacksonville Jaguars (4-5)
    14.Los Angeles Chargers (4-5)
    15.Tennessee Titans (4-5)
    16.Oakland Raiders (4-4)
    17.Miami Dolphins (via 4-4 Steelers)
    18.Philadelphia Eagles (5-4)
    19.Carolina Panthers (5-3)
    20.Jacksonville Jaguars (via 5-3 Rams)

Long ways to go but I like the direction this is going.

And projecting out their schedule, 3 more wins, both Detroits and the Giants.

Losing to GB, Minny, Dallas, Rams, and KC. 6-10 finish.

I've been going back and forth to what direction the Raiders will go. I am guilty of looking at short term with the draft. We need LB's, so draft an LB. Wrong approach. Teams should be looking at what player helps the most 3 or 4 years down the road. Defense is a huge issue. But if we sneak into the top 10 Jerry Juedy may be available. I said the past couple weeks that we don't need a reciever in the first. Eventually we will, Williams can't play forever and is a short term solution. Juedy will be a long term answer to the WR position. Next season receiver isn't a pressing need like players on defense. But in two years we will be in the same spot we are in today, lack of talent at the reciever postion. Every level on defense is weak. Raiders can draft any player and they could be an immediate starter. As bad as our linebackers are I don's see us taking on in the first. Linebackers are used up quick in the NFl and that seems to be the Raiders approach. High impact collisions on every play, shorter careers for LB's. I would love to see and impact tackle like derrick brown.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    I've been going back and forth to what direction the Raiders will go. I am guilty of looking at short term with the draft. We need LB's, so draft an LB. Wrong approach. Teams should be looking at what player helps the most 3 or 4 years down the road. Defense is a huge issue. But if we sneak into the top 10 Jerry Juedy may be available. I said the past couple weeks that we don't need a reciever in the first. Eventually we will, Williams can't play forever and is a short term solution. Juedy will be a long term answer to the WR position. Next season receiver isn't a pressing need like players on defense. But in two years we will be in the same spot we are in today, lack of talent at the reciever postion. Every level on defense is weak. Raiders can draft any player and they could be an immediate starter. As bad as our linebackers are I don's see us taking on in the first. Linebackers are used up quick in the NFl and that seems to be the Raiders approach. High impact collisions on every play, shorter careers for LB's. I would love to see and impact tackle like derrick brown.
    That's a great draft philosophy....Don't draft to fill your immediate, most pressing needs....instead, draft now for what you think you'll need in 4 years.....LMAO

Drafting best player available (BPA) versus drafting to fill immediate needs is a legitimate philosophical debate that's been rehashed ad infinitum -- but drafting to fill needs 4 years from now is just sheer lunacy.

Please stay away as far as possible from the Raider war room on draft day 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    That's a great draft philosophy....Don't draft to fill your immediate, most pressing needs....instead, draft now for what you think you'll need in 4 years.....LMAO

Drafting best player available (BPA) versus drafting to fill immediate needs is a legitimate philosophical debate that's been rehashed ad infinitum -- but drafting to fill needs 4 years from now is just sheer lunacy.

That was the Reggie philosophy. An injured player, an inexperienced player, just wait until his 4th season....then things will take off.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post

Are you that ignorant that you cannot figure out what I am saying. Passing up the best player, for an immediete need isn't always the best philosphy. Three years down the road the player maybe the best player in football and the immediate need is out of the league. Moron. Getting a quick fix isn't the answer. Finding players that will have long successfull careers is the answer. Dumbass

[QUOTE=Raiderjohn622;73396]That was the Reggie philosophy. An injured player, an inexperienced player, just wait until his 4th season....then things will take off

Never anywhere did I say draft an inexperienced or injured player.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Are you that ignorant that you cannot figure out what I am saying. Passing up the best player, for an immediete need isn't always the best philosphy. Three years down the road the player maybe the best player in football and the immediate need is out of the league. Moron. Getting a quick fix isn't the answer. Finding players that will have long successfull careers is the answer. Dumbass
    ...if you're a WR away from the SuperBowl, do you pick the best WR left or continue to add to a strong edge rush trifecta? With the edge rusher being projected 10 spots higher than the said WR? That was what the niners were doing during the Kaepernick era....come to this current edition of the Niners, they spent 3-4 1st rounders on DLine over a 3-4 year period...now they're undefeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    ...if you're a WR away from the SuperBowl, do you pick the best WR left or continue to add to a strong edge rush trifecta? With the edge rusher being projected 10 spots higher than the said WR? That was what the niners were doing during the Kaepernick era....come to this current edition of the Niners, they spent 3-4 1st rounders on DLine over a 3-4 year period...now they're undefeated.
    We are a rebuilding team that isn't a player away. At the end of the day you need to draft football players. With the Raiders the discussion is more along the lines of, Do we select a receiver it isn't a pressing need. If the Bears continue to lose, Jerry Jeudy could be available. Yes we need a receiver but we can survive as a team if we took a receiver later. Juedy can be a top receiver in this league in a couple of years. Or do we select a LB like Isiah Simmons who is a good player. He fills an immediate need and makes our defense better the minute he steps on hte field.