Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: I was told

Quote Originally Posted by DARAIDAHS View Post
    Carr has definitely upped his game from the previous couple of years, his efforts to extend plays is a major factor for us winning some games. Even more so is the play of Jacobs and the O-line that has sparked this offense and allowed Carr to have more options and valuable time. From reading all the previous chats above I would also agree that Carr's tenure here is not a guarantee, especially with someone like Gruden at the helm, but with Carr's play as of late, I would think he has given Gruden's wandering eyes a rest for now. Carr's biggest drawback is his decision making, whether that means grounding the ball on 4th down, throwing into triple coverage, etc... Carr doesn't have to be "elite", unless we play the patriots or maybe the 49ers. I think the team is good enough now to get by on Carr just not making serious mistakes (ie., interceptions, taking a sack for a huge loss, fumbling, etc...). If Carr can just play controlled ball and every once in a while take the necessary long ball to keep defenses honest, we can be in every game. We're in the "easy" part of the schedule now, this is where the good teams win the games they are supposed to win and take those games that they shouldn't. The defense won the Chargers game for us, especially the front four and E. Harris, we need the defense to be just as scrappy or more for us to make a good playoff run. If the front four can play like that against the pass in the rest of the games, we should be alright. RAIDER NATION!
    BINGO! Agree with you 100%, although i still think Gruden's saying all the right things to insure that his value remains high but i'm still not sold on him being Grudens guy longterm.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakr8der View Post
    BINGO! Agree with you 100%, although i still think Gruden's saying all the right things to insure that his value remains high but i'm still not sold on him being Grudens guy longterm.
    In my opinion; I do not think Gruden will stick around that long; I think he got a five year plan; he might last 6 or 7 years but I think he will retire from the NFL soon...he a very high intense guy and he will get bored; right now his job is very exciting because he rebuilding and I think Carr will be his QB during that time...right now the QB is not the main problem on this raider team....when the raiders draft next year; they are not going to waste a 1st rounder or 2nd rounder on a QB, when they need to use it on other parts of the team....

You like him, i think he is good, for 25 mill per year he should be great and he's not a great QB, again just my opinion.
    You're probably a bit outdated with the market today. $25M doesn't buy you a great QB today. The market has zoomed past that mark. Dak Prescott turned down $30M.

Nick Foles signed for 4 yrs $88M.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    In my opinion; I do not think Gruden will stick around that long; I think he got a five year plan; he might last 6 or 7 years but I think he will retire from the NFL soon...he a very high intense guy and he will get bored; right now his job is very exciting because he rebuilding and I think Carr will be his QB during that time...right now the QB is not the main problem on this raider team....when the raiders draft next year; they are not going to waste a 1st rounder or 2nd rounder on a QB, when they need to use it on other parts of the team....
    You could be right with Gruden not sticking around for the 10 years. I really believe he will bring in his brother and we will transition to him after we win a super bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Gruden loves veteran Quarterbacks, i do not see him drafting one in the first or 2nd rd so what is your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Raidermackin View Post
    You're probably a bit outdated with the market today. $25M doesn't buy you a great QB today. The market has zoomed past that mark. Dak Prescott turned down $30M.

Nick Foles signed for 4 yrs $88M.
    25 million when he signed it was a great contract, why are you referencing palyers that have signed after Carr so he signed a contract at the time that was elite QB money.

My friend he is far from elite, he is good but not elite, in another year his contract is up, if you are ever going to trade him this is where his market is the highest. If they elect to sign him then so be it i am just saying anyone that believes he's a lock to be wearing the silver and black when we play our first game in vegas has rose colored glasses on, Mayock and Gruden have already shown that they are not adverse to making trades if they believe that it makes the team better.

I won't even touch that one, you are mentioning Carr in the same breath as Brady? are you kidding me? Even Rivers for that matter, Carr is a good QB but he is certainly no in their class.

You like him, i think he is good, for 25 mill per year he should be great and he's not a great QB, again just my opinion.
    My error. I thought you were bitching about QBs that have overthrown open receivers. Carry on.

25 million when he signed it was a great contract, why are you referencing palyers that have signed after Carr so he signed a contract at the time that was elite QB money.

My friend he is far from elite, he is good but not elite, in another year his contract is up, if you are ever going to trade him this is where his market is the highest. If they elect to sign him then so be it i am just saying anyone that believes he's a lock to be wearing the silver and black when we play our first game in vegas has rose colored glasses on, Mayock and Gruden have already shown that they are not adverse to making trades if they believe that it makes the team better.
    He’s signed through 2022 I believe

carr would do very well with new england,probably wins titles there too

Carr wouldn't survive 5 minutes behind NE's current OL. He would have the 'no receivers' excuse still working for him though.