Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little to early to think about the draft, but dang

A little to early to think about the draft, but dang

This kid may be a second or third round pick -- maybe higher depending on if he begins to get a lot of national hype. I'm sure NFL teams know about him and are watching him closely. He is learning the same system as Patrick Mahomes. Tearing it up. It looks more like a video game QB, much like Mahomes does when he plays. No fear.

He has probably the smoothest throwing motion and quickest release I've seen since, well, Patrick Mahomes. In one clip, the defender nearly has him, but he just zips the ball out for a long completion. I've also seen several plays in which he extends the play with his feet.

Take a look.

One of the articles I read indicated that his form is NFL ready and could actually teach some NFL QBs about how to set his feet to throw.

https://youtu.be/UgaEwfsQ2tc

https://youtu.be/d_zCNMU9MKI

Why would we draft a QB with only 1 year as a starter at Washington St. We have way more pressing needs on the other side of the ball?

It’s never too early to think and talk draft.
    The front office is looking at prospects and thinking draft year around, no reason fans can’t as well.

As far as another Mike Leach Air Raid O producing a big stat QB?
    Been there done that.
    Another nice Leach QB prospect that has no mobility.
    He’ll go anywhere from 3rd at best to a 7th round FA.

He can be a fine NFL backup which is valuable. Drafting him to be a starter? Don’t do that.

Give Carr one more year and do what you can to draft Fields in the 2021 draft.

Need to draft a QB.....gotta move on with Carr

Sign Bridgewater as a stop gap and look for the next QB either this draft or next

Bridgewater > Carr

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    Sign Bridgewater as a stop gap and look for the next QB either this draft or next
    Hate to say it, but Bridgewater would be an improvement over Carr.

Trade Carr.

Sign quality veteran like Bridgewater.

Draft QB of future and let him learn.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateHunter View Post
    Why would we draft a QB with only 1 year as a starter at Washington St. We have way more pressing needs on the other side of the ball?
    Because @Raiderman41 is an idiot
    Godzilla vs Kong Trailer gave me a Boner

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    Hate to say it, but Bridgewater would be an improvement over Carr.

Trade Carr.

Sign quality veteran like Bridgewater.

Draft QB of future and let him learn.
    Said this a while back and got blasted for it. Bridgewater is miles ahead of Carr in terms of current standing and future potential. If we can allocate whatever we're paying Carr for the remainder of his contract towards Bridgewater, it would be a no-brainer.

The only idiots are those

Quote Originally Posted by RF4L View Post
    Because @Raiderman41 is an idiot
    who think Carr is long term answer at QB or believe drafting a developmental QB with tremendous upside is a bad idea.

Those are the idiots.