Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I was told

I was told

That Carr could not drive the Raiders in the 4th quarter to win the game. LIE
    That Carr could not extend plays. LIE
    That Carr only Check down. LIE
    That Carr is scared to throw deep. LIE
    That Carr isn't the franchise QB. LIE

The Carr haters are ridiculous...
    Follow me on Twitter: BobCarrNFL
    Follow me on Instagram: BobCarrNFL

I was told to leave the board..

1 – BRONCOS – W

2 – CHIEFS – L

3 - @ VIKINGS – L

4 - @ COLTS – W

5 – BEARS – W

6 - @ PACKERS – L

7 - @ TEXANS – L

8 – LIONS – W

9 – CHARGERS – W

10 – BENGALS – W

11 - @ JETS – L

12 - @ CHIEFS – L

13 – TITANS – W

14 – JAGUARS – L

15 - @ CHARGERS – L

16 - @ BRONCOS – W

100% prediction rate and I'm still here

I was told that we ran for 170 yards, forced two turnovers, and won by 7 points at home on a last minute TD vs a team that is now .500. I was told that Carr is a game manager, and it’s quite obvious that’s exactly what he is. Everything around him was perfect today. He played well, but don’t get it twisted with this nonsensical elite talk.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    I was told that we ran for 170 yards, forced two turnovers, and won by 7 points at home on a last minute TD vs a team that is now .500. I was told that Carr is a game manager, and it’s quite obvious that’s exactly what he is. Everything around him was perfect today. He played well, but don’t get it twisted with this nonsensical elite talk.
    Carr threw for 289 2 Td's and no turnovers. And he won the game. WTF do want? Our defense gave up 400 yards and 3td's to Stafford. Detroit didn't punt until the 4th quarter. You assholes use this word fucking elite. I don't. Carr shoved it up your elite ass. So your boy Aaron Rodgers shit the bed, so that means Green Bay should cut him. He was 6-15 with 49 yards after three quarters. Something close to that. So unless he plays the Raiders he sucks. All garbage time stats for Aaron.
    Last edited by psly2124; 11-03-2019 at 03:35 PM.

The offense can score. We don't need to waste high draft picks overhauling it. The high picks have to be used on defense.

Points Allowed by defenses of “elite” quarterbacks

Tom Brady – 7.6
    Kirk Cousins – 16.5
    Dak Prescott – 17.7
    Drew Brees – 19.5
    Phillip Rivers – 19.6

Aaron Rodgers – 20.4
    Ben Rothlisberger – 20.7
    Jared Goff – 21.8
    Lamar Jackson – 22.3
    Patrick Mahomes – 22.6
    Deshaun Watson – 23.5
    Russell Wilson – 24.5
    Carson Wentz – 24.9
    Cam Newton – 26.3
    Matt Stafford – 26.6
    Derek Carr – 27.4

Records of “elite” quarterbacks

Tom Brady – 8-0
    Kirk Cousins – 6-3
    Dak Prescott – 4-3
    Drew Brees – 7-1
    Phillip Rivers – 4-5

Aaron Rodgers – 7-2
    Ben Rothlisberger – 4-4
    Jared Goff – 5-3
    Lamar Jackson – 5-2
    Patrick Mahomes – 6-3
    Deshaun Watson – 6-3
    Russell Wilson – 7-2
    Carson Wentz – 5-4
    Cam Newton – 5-3
    Matt Stafford – 3-4-1
    Derek Carr – 4-4

I think what we have going on this year is a situation where our offense needs to play near perfect for an entire game to win. As I was reading the forum comments during the game, if the offense stalled, it was all on Derek. For example, I think I read someone say that the reason Jacobs is dropping passes is because Carr didn't put any touch on it. If the offense scored and made a great play, some who were trashing the man didn't come out and give him any credit. Carr threw some absolute dimes and made some great plays today.

Now, I get as frustrated as the next guy, but if you remember the Gannon days, this offense is looking like a carbon copy. Gannon was better with his legs, but he made a killing on short throws that led the playmaker into situations for YAC. This offense is vintage Gruden and Carr is playing within it. While watching Carr at Fresno State, he had Devontae Adams, better than any receiver on the current roster, and played in a spread and was an absolute gunslinger.

Having said all that, look at the scoring defense of a sample of quarterbacks that I pulled. Our beloved Raiders are in the bottom 5 in the league on points allowed per game. I'm here to argue that Carr's mistakes are magnified because of the atrocious defense. He has only thrown 4 ints and had that terrible fumble. I'd argue that Carr's efficiency with a poor receiving core and awesome oline/rushing game has this team playing better than it should.

This team could be at 5-3 right now if some balls bounced our way last week. Let's chill on the Carr bashing and hope that the defense is improved in the offseason. We had a decent defense when Gannon/Gruden had success. This team is close and may squeeze into the playoffs this year on the back of our running game and the play of Derek Carr.
    Last edited by drew_ballz99; 11-03-2019 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    I was told to leave the board..

1 – BRONCOS – W

2 – CHIEFS – L

3 - @ VIKINGS – L

4 - @ COLTS – W

5 – BEARS – W

6 - @ PACKERS – L

7 - @ TEXANS – L

8 – LIONS – W

9 – CHARGERS – W

10 – BENGALS – W

11 - @ JETS – L

12 - @ CHIEFS – L

13 – TITANS – W

14 – JAGUARS – L

15 - @ CHARGERS – L

16 - @ BRONCOS – W

100% prediction rate and I'm still here
    If we lose to the Jets after what they have become, oy vay!

Btw... if we get by a tough game vs the Chargers, we play back to back tanking teams.
    7-4 going into KC! Damn!!

I made that one and the Jaguars predictions when I thought Sam Darnold would consistently play, have a solid defense, and the Raiders traveling to the east coast - Jaguars was when Nick Foles was still healthy and expecting to play a whole season. Like to have those back!!