Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Odell B JR- Are the rumors true?

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    As usual you provide nothing. Neither Waller or Jacobs is elite. Just like the poster said before and I have said. 5 games doesn't make a player elite. Why am I mot suprised you kmnow nothing about football? All 22 starters are elite then in your eyes. The Raiders won 2 games in a row, so every player is elite. How is that any different, since football is a team game. Raiders are elite too. Every coach is elite, every employee is elite. Everyone in the Raiders organizatiom is elite. Same logic as yours. Every player in the NFL is elite too. Only so many players in the NFL. So when they are compared to me and you, they are elite.
    I provided you with the correct definition of elite.

I really have no idea what the fuck you're babbling about now. No one said every coach is elite or every player is elite or that the Raiders are elite.

In fact, I've never even said that Waller or Jacobs are elite.

What I do say is that Waller has been paying at an elite level so far. He's leading TEs in receptions and playing great.

I think Jacobs is playing very well and I'm extremely happy with his performance thus far. I don't think he's as good a runner as Zeke, Chubb, or Barkley but he's just a rookie and his total package as a RB could turn out to be elite.

I think the OL is playing at an elite level and expect that unit to continue doing so.

One thing I will state definitively....you are an elite simpleton.

I mean, anyone that thinks punters have zero significance has to be a simpleton that knows precious little about football.

However, I will give you credit for holding Corky Grange's feet to the fire about his 0-2 'guarantee', even if you do so with your vulgar, borderline illiterate style.

Keep up the good work.

WHACK THE PACK

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    I provided you with the correct definition of elite.

I really have no idea what the fuck you're babbling about now. No one said every coach is elite or every player is elite or that the Raiders are elite.

In fact, I've never even said that Waller or Jacobs are elite.

What I do say is that Waller has been paying at an elite level so far. He's leading TEs in receptions and playing great.

I think Jacobs is playing very well and I'm extremely happy with his performance thus far. I don't think he's as good a runner as Zeke, Chubb, or Barkley but he's just a rookie and his total package as a RB could turn out to be elite.

I think the OL is playing at an elite level and expect that unit to continue doing so.

One thing I will state definitively....you are an elite simpleton.

I mean, anyone that thinks punters have zero significance has to be a simpleton that knows precious little about football.

However, I will give you credit for holding Corky Grange's feet to the fire about his 0-2 'guarantee', even if you do so with your vulgar, borderline illiterate style.

Keep up the good work.

WHACK THE PACK
    Punters are wortless. Analytics prove it.

http://harvardsportsanalysis.org/201...f-nfl-punters/

http://www.sloansportsconference.com...-stop-punting/

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st.../never-punting

I can provide data. Unlike you. I like that you call me a simpleton and I provide data from Harvard. So since I provided data that agrees with what I have been saying for well over a year. Does that make the Harvard people that did the data also simpleton. OR does that make you a simpleton because you disagree with the data. You must be a flat earther too
    Last edited by psly2124; 10-14-2019 at 08:41 AM.

I can provide data. Unlike you. I like that you call me a simpleton and I provide data from Harvard. So since I provided data that agrees with what I have been saying for well over a year. Does that make the Harvard people that did the data also simpleton. OR does that make you a simpleton because you disagree with the data.
    How are the Harvard and M.I.T. football teams doing ?

I'd argue that data and analytics can be twisted and/or misinterpreted to prove virtually any false premise to be true, but that's something that would go right over your tin foil adorned, thick skull. So I won't bother.

Better off trying to explain to a hamster why we only see one side of the moon.

How are the Harvard and M.I.T. football teams doing ?

I'd argue that data and analytics can be twisted and/or misinterpreted to prove virtually any false premise to be true, but that's something that would go right over your tin foil adorned, thick skull. So I won't bother.

Better off trying to explain to a hamster why we only see one side of the moon.
    Typical response when data provides the evidence that makes you look like an idiot. It's also safe to assume you didn't even look at the data that I provided. How M.I.T.'s football team or Harvards football team do has nothing to do with what the data says. The reason why Harvard and M.I.T don't field football teams is they don't recruit football players. They are not in the football business, if they were they would have better football teams. I'll break down the bottom line for you. They anaylzed every single punt over a 4 year period. The worst punter in football cost his team 1/2 point over 64 games. 1/2 point. Pretty worthless if you ask me. I am also willing to bet that you are a global warming buffon. Who says the data proves it. When the data doesn't prove it, they cooked the books to try and prove something that doesn't exist.
    Last edited by psly2124; 10-14-2019 at 09:48 AM.

How does punting not matter? So if we are punting from our own 35 yard line and our punter shanks one for 15 yards and they get it on the 50? Instead of thier own 35?
    Fu#k The Rest

Quote Originally Posted by Garner25 View Post
    How does punting not matter? So if we are punting from our own 35 yard line and our punter shanks one for 15 yards and they get it on the 50? Instead of thier own 35?
    A punter drops the ball or gets one blocked. More games are lost on a blocked punt or a fumbled snap from a punt or a punt returned for a touchdown, then a shank. In the Bears game if the Raiders don't use the "fake" punt, chances are they lose that game. So 4th down, the so called experts say punt hte ball away. Stop them and get the vall back with no timeours to wins the game. Ifthe Raiders punt the ball, they lose the game. They go for it and win hte game. Punters are worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Garner25 View Post
    Punting matters although any fan would never want to see one. Who is our punter?

Onside kicks and even kickoffs aren't what they once were, player safety. cant get a running start and cant over side the line.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st.../never-punting

I can provide data. Unlike you. I like that you call me a simpleton and I provide data from Harvard. So since I provided data that agrees with what I have been saying for well over a year. Does that make the Harvard people that did the data also simpleton. OR does that make you a simpleton because you disagree with the data. You must be a flat earther too
    Read the analysis in detail, it is plagued with observer bias. It looks as if the author had presented a hypothesis for his class project then set out to prove his hypothesis to be true in any way possible. The author himself mentions confounding bias which he wasn’t able to account for adequately. There’s far too many immeasurable variables for him to translate into applicable statistics which could be used as “good data” (down and distance, coverage team, play call, environmental considerations, the list goes on).

Should I believe the Harvard study....or should I believe my own eyes that have seen poor punting directly contribute to losing - and superior punting directly contribute to winning - countless times ?

Hmmm, that's a tough one. NOT !

Field position in football is important. Punters play an important role in establishing field position. Only a complete moron doesn't understand this.

Should I believe the Harvard study....or should I believe my own eyes that have seen poor punting directly contribute to losing - and superior punting directly contribute to winning - countless times ?

Hmmm, that's a tough one. NOT !

Field position in football is important. Punters play an important role in establishing field position. Only a complete moron doesn't understand this.
    It must be extremly difficult to watch a game with your head stuck up your ass. Fins me the game where a punter lost the game on a bad punt. I will find 10-15 plays in that game that cost them the game not the punt.