Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: minkah fitzpatrick granted permission to seek a trade

minkah fitzpatrick granted permission to seek a trade

Minkah Fitzpatrick DB, Miami Dolphins
    Dolphins DB Minkah Fitzpatrick was granted permission to seek a trade.

It's hardly shocking Miami's 2018 first-rounder sought a way out after playing six different positions this offseason, weak side and strong side linebacker included. Fitzpatrick allowed an airtight 53.4 passer rating in the slot last year but stayed jostling from corner to the front-seven in Miami's season opener as the new regime continued toying with alignments and personnel. A former Thorpe Award recipient as the nation's top defensive back at Alabama, there will be a number of suitors bending over backwards to take on Fitzpatrick's remaining $13.45 million for the next three seasons.
    Source: Cameron Wolfe on Twitter
    Sep 12, 2019, 11:52 PM ET

He would apparently cost a first round pick. Is he worth it? Do we want to invest in another DB? He would immediately help the defense this season.

Not for a 1st... maybe for one of our 3rd rounders but
    I'm sure that won't do it

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    Not for a 1st... maybe for one of our 3rd rounders but
    I'm sure that won't do it
    id offer a 3rd and a conditional pick 4th the following yr,minkah can play 3 position db,slot db and safety,kids a stud slot cb,so if we got him we put him in the slot and move joiner to safety we all know josephs sucks in coverage so put him in the box

Fitzpatrick was a first round pick and has played well. The only reason the Dolphins would trade him is that he asked to be traded. He has 3 years left on his contract if the fifth year is exercised. I don't see Miami giving him away for a third round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Fitzpatrick was a first round pick and has played well. The only reason the Dolphins would trade him is that he asked to be traded. He has 3 years left on his contract if the fifth year is exercised. I don't see Miami giving him away for a third round pick.
    well our 3rd according to most would be a high 3rd cause nobody expects us to win more then 4 games (top 4) and our 4th would be a high 4th also,so its equal to a late 2nd rd pick

Ian Rapoport just said Fitzpatrick wants to be traded so he can play exclusively at Slot Corner… What would we do with him and Joyner who already said the slot is his favorite position? I dont think that will work.

Also make not mistake the Dolphins are not giving him away for a mid round pick. I say pass.

Im anxious to see who we sign to take Abram's roster spot tough. There are some good safeties out there. Iloka, Berry but also good ol Mike Mitchell who is a similar player to Abram. I know we worked out a couple other guys too.

Im bummed out about Abram as everybody but the sky is not falling because we lost a rookie safety.

If the Raiders feel that Joseph will not be resigned and we give up a 2021 2nd rounder. Then it might work. I not really a fan of giving up draft picks. But Mayock does do some trading on draft day to recover some of the picks that were traded away. Then it's not to bad. But he plays the same position as Joyner. If Joyner wasn't signed, I will be all for it.
    Last edited by psly2124; 09-13-2019 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    If the Raiders feel that Joseph will not be resigned and we give up a 2021 2nd rounder. Then it might work. I not really a fan of giving up draft picks. But Mayock does do some trading on draft day to recover some of the picks that were traded away. Then it's not to bad. But he plays the same position as Joyner. If Joyner wasn't signed, I will be all for it.
    that the thing joiner and fitzpatrick can also play safety both have played that position and excelled at it joiner did with tehr ams and was pro bowl caliber and minkah did it in college

Quote Originally Posted by fad View Post
    Ian Rapoport just said Fitzpatrick wants to be traded so he can play exclusively at Slot Corner… What would we do with him and Joyner who already said the slot is his favorite position? I dont think that will work.

Also make not mistake the Dolphins are not giving him away for a mid round pick. I say pass.

Im anxious to see who we sign to take Abram's roster spot tough. There are some good safeties out there. Iloka, Berry but also good ol Mike Mitchell who is a similar player to Abram. I know we worked out a couple other guys too.

Im bummed out about Abram as everybody but the sky is not falling because we lost a rookie safety.
    When do players name their position? Adding Fitzpatrick, gives Guenther so many tools to work with, he can play in the box, high or matchup, you can mask so many things, even with a guy like Joyner duplicating some of the same traits.

Cap wise, who's taking the hits on the signing bonus? My thinking is the Dolphins would, so the only hits Fitzpatrick does are his base salaries of

5.9 million over 3 years.....that to me, is worth the 2021 2nd round pick. I am not desperate enough to give up a first rounder....but of course I would start low and max out on the 2nd rounder.....