Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My biggest issue with Carr

My biggest issue with Carr

Some may say checkdowns, some may say red zone decision. Mine is that he is to damn nice. When he was asked about AB, it almost made me throw up in my mouth. Instead of, he is not longer a part of this team...no more questions. He went into a he's a friend and so on and so forth. Here is a guy who used him and stabbed him in the back. I get you don't want to go up and call him a scumbag. But he went over and beyond in praising him. Maybe i'm wrong but it seems he always such a good guy. Not that that's a bad thing, but chances are if your on an NFL football team you are surrounded by shitheads and extremly violent individuals. You need to have a mean streak and I don't know if he has it. I do not want a different QB, i've waited for close to 20 years to have a good QB and we will not find one in the draft in the next 15 years. Ride and die with Carr. Just something that really pissed me off

Dont read into that...he competes and I GUARANTEE he wants to do better than AB because of what he said but he killed them with kindness and ended all the AB questions he will get by saying what he said. If he had said "Next question" every reporter would be trying to get the juicy hate filled quote from Carr for weeks. Now they know there will not be one. Stop asking. Watch him Mic'd up. He's respectful and doesn't want anyone hurt, that's the football brotherhood, but he said "Its a great day to be the bad guy" to the teammates. Also he looked a bronco in the eye at the coin toss and said "All day like it is every time". He's got that streak in him and I like his demeanor. I see what you are saying about the nice guy, but on the flip side...Rivers is a D!ck. Hate his angry demeanor. Glad Carr doesn't act like that guy. I would say dont confuse nice with desire to win. He can have both. I read that Gruden wanted to run on the 3rd and 7 late in the 4th quarter and punt the ball and make Denver use its last time out. Carr said he wanted to throw the WR screen to end the game with a first down. Carr called the play. Thats wanting to win. I'l take that.

All qb’s are different....I think with
    Carr is that he very religious and I
    think he will become a minister
    after football....

F'in bastard being such a nice guy. I think he's fine. If he can get our guys to run extra reps during the week, to get sharper....I'll take that, being an asshole on the field will get you killed, you give the other team juice. He'll give the other guy's props, great year, great hit, watching your film great rookie year, it's the old Al Davis reverse psychology, be buddies with the other guys, you never know when you may need them.

My biggest issue is why he doesn't get the credit he deserves. He is a damn good QB and I'm glad we have him. He also has proven himself to be clutch when the pressure is on at the end of a game.

Yes....Steven A Smith was just saying that Carr has consistency issues...REALLY??? Last season didnt he go most attempts without a pick? Also put up some incredible numbers. He was consistent...the rest of the team was lousy and he was throwing to guys that weren't even in the league the previous week sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by jrhone View Post
    Yes....Steven A Smith was just saying that Carr has consistency issues...REALLY??? Last season didnt he go most attempts without a pick? Also put up some incredible numbers. He was consistent...the rest of the team was lousy and he was throwing to guys that weren't even in the league the previous week sometimes.
    Agreed. He gets a bad rap, and national media reaches for things, that they have no idea of. Carr's issue for years has been his brother's experience, not wanting to repeat, so he became a 1 read Qb and stuck with it, just as he was doing at Fresno. In the NFL, it's not about the big arm, it's about decision making. Decision making you need to make more than 1 read. Sure he can look off a DB and assume the DB will not be there, but sometimes the DB will dupe you into thinking you got him. He needs to make decisions, not assumptions, trust his eyes, trust his line. Gruden has coached him up this offseason, got him to keep some plays alive, but side stepping in the pocket, moving around in the pocket, take the run if you have to. Gruden did wonders for Carr in season last year, having the slow start he had and then to get the Pittsburgh win was huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    My biggest issue is why he doesn't get the credit he deserves. He is a damn good QB and I'm glad we have him. He also has proven himself to be clutch when the pressure is on at the end of a game.
    Keep him in the same system a few years, instead of learning a whole new playbook in the offseason, he can work on the subtle things of being a QB, like pocket presence, awareness, movement to buy time. You get him those tools sharpened, he will be that much better.

I don't like the super nice guy, 'wouldn't say shit if he had a mouthful' aura, either.

Not my cup of tea. But I'll live with it as long as DC gets the job done.

As Raiderjohn622 said above, if Carr can improve on his pocket presence, awareness, and movement to buy time...we've got a top notch QB. There's little doubt he's got the arm strength and accuracy to be elite.

Although the Mules didn't apply much pressure, I did see improved presence and movement. Like that he lined up under center frequently and was in total command pre-snap.

Just one game. Please let it continue. Although I LOVE Tua and think he could be another left handed Raider great from Bama, I dread the thought of having to search for and draft a franchise QB again.

I love Tua too but it is possible it might take the number one overall pick in the draft to get him.