Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glaring weakness

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    Jacobs should see more throws. I'm surprised he wasn't used more in the passing game.
    He will be going forward, we didn't need that aspect of his game last night. Gruden, I trust his scheming.

Jacobs should see more throws. I'm surprised he wasn't used more in the passing game.
    Didn't really need to considering we were doing just fine smashing the Broncos from a physical standpoint. Also, RB's catch most of their passes as the check-down option. Carr got the ball out in 2.2 seconds on average and didn't even need to get to his 3rd - 5th read..Excellent game plan implemented by Gruden to mitigate the Broncos greatest strength (edge rushers).

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    Didn't really need to considering we were doing just fine smashing the Broncos from a physical standpoint. Also, RB's catch most of their passes as the check-down option. Carr got the ball out in 2.2 seconds on average and didn't even need to get to his 3rd - 5th read..Excellent game plan implemented by Gruden to mitigate the Broncos greatest strength (edge rushers).
    Not in Gruden's offense, Jacob's one catch.....he was the primary option on that play. We will see a few more of those as the season progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    He gained 28 yards on that catch. Jacobs in space is going to be a killer.

He gained 28 yards on that catch. Jacobs in space is going to be a killer.
    Yeah it was a solid play call and more importantly, Jacob's speed and strength got him the extra 15-20 YAC. Generally speaking though in this specific game vs the Broncos in week 1, Gruden was looking to get the ball out quick to his WR's and TE's, then catch the Broncos off-guard when they started stacking the box with 8-10 players. I'm sure we'll see plenty of Jacobs catching the ball out of the backfield, and hopefully see some of Washington and Richard as well. I'd prefer to see Jacobs getting between 18-20 touches per game rather than making him a 25 carry 5 catch workhorse .. mitigate the injury risk ..Richard and Washington are capable of contributing

Doss. Its his spot. He runs GREAT routes, has speed and size. Is the role too big for him? Maybe and maybe not. When they double Williams and they will have to alot because of the deep threat, that leaves Nelson, Renfrow, Jacobs, Doss, Waller all single covered....we should be just fine with the receiver core we have. Funny how ALL these guys are upgrades over last years receivers.