Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Montez Sweat vs Clelin Ferrell death match...

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    and all im pointing out is we would have been idiots last yr on kolton miller being a bust and now a stud left tackle yr 2,universally all raiderboards were saying the samething last yr because derwin james was an all pro and winning games for the chargers while kolton was struggling

clellin ferrell vs josh allen is the same damn thing,jumping on teh bust wagon for a rookie is assinine,most take a yr to catch up to the schemes and strength,speed of the game
    Josh Allen has elite physical traits like a thoroughbred, CF on the other hand is like a plodding mule. He’s low iq because on every single Qb Rb read the bites on the player without the ball. Kolton didn’t play good last year but he had elite size, speed, agility. CF is an on the field cheerleader. Just my opinion but we all haven’t heard his name mentioned not once while Mad Max, Moreau, Renfrow, Mullen, and obviously Jacobs have been balling out.

and all im pointing out is we would have been idiots last yr on kolton miller being a bust and now a stud left tackle yr 2,universally all raiderboards were saying the samething last yr because derwin james was an all pro and winning games for the chargers while kolton was struggling

clellin ferrell vs josh allen is the same damn thing,jumping on teh bust wagon for a rookie is assinine,most take a yr to catch up to the schemes and strength,speed of the game
    But I was asking you a question. I didn't make a point. I just asked a question. I still don't know your answer.

Before you go making some other point, shouldn't you answer/ or not answer this one first?

That's mostly all true, and I agree with you that a left Tackle is generally more important than a Safety. We really needed a Tackle too.

That being said, it's hard to account for injury. Yeah, James is injured but if he comes back healthy and picks up where he left off, no one is going to be saying that was a bad pick by SD.

This year we're NOT comparing an OT versus a Safety.

This year, we are comparing two defensive players....and we were drafting with the primary goal of fixing the defense by adding pass rush.

Pretty clear to me that Allen is way ahead of where CF is in that department. That's not to say that CF won't improve, but it's pretty hard to deny Allen is way ahead of him at this stage.

Mackin's question is a legitimate one. If we got a do-over I'm pretty sure Mayock goes in a different direction than CF. Of course, there's no do-overs, and we'll never know for sure, but that's my take on CF vs JA.

BEAT THE BOLTS

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    That's mostly all true, and I agree with you that a left Tackle is generally more important than a Safety. We really needed a Tackle too.

That being said, it's hard to account for injury. Yeah, James is injured but if he comes back healthy and picks up where he left off, no one is going to be saying that was a bad pick by SD.

This year we're NOT comparing an OT versus a Safety.

This year, we are comparing two defensive players....and we were drafting with the primary goal of fixing the defense by adding pass rush.

Pretty clear to me that Allen is way ahead of where CF is in that department. That's not to say that CF won't improve, but it's pretty hard to deny Allen is way ahead of him at this stage.

Mackin's question is a legitimate one. If we got a do-over I'm pretty sure Mayock goes in a different direction than CF. Of course, there's no do-overs, and we'll never know for sure, but that's my take on CF vs JA.

BEAT THE BOLTS
    thats right,there is no do over and cf whom plays nearly half his snaps at dt could be a part of the problem with him not showing well,dude is essentially learning to play in the pros not only as a de but also a dt,lets see what he can do playing mostly at de now,ferrell looked good last game and was the reason why we won that game when he blew up the play that was intercepted recognized and didn't bite on the fake and brought pressure
    Last edited by mstrbass2000; 11-07-2019 at 04:49 AM.

Ferrel updated, Sweat to come Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    Ferrel updated, Sweat to come Sunday.
    5 pressures 2.5 sacks playing more edge then interior

5 pressures 2.5 sacks playing more edge then interior
    I give him credit and admit I was wrong, but I want to see this constantly and less dumb penalties

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBay View Post
    I give him credit and admit I was wrong, but I want to see this constantly and less dumb penalties
    Was thinking too much early on, slow out the gate. Just got to play football, instincts take over.....those penalties, correctable....then again should have been corrected after the first one. Sometimes refs do give players warnings on less obvious ones, about it before flagging it....now it's about consistency, each game, every game, adjustments as lineman see new tape on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Was thinking too much early on, slow out the gate. Just got to play football, instincts take over.....those penalties, correctable....then again should have been corrected after the first one. Sometimes refs do give players warnings on less obvious ones, about it before flagging it....now it's about consistency, each game, every game, adjustments as lineman see new tape on him.
    ferrell was great yesterday,i knew once the game slowed down for him he would shine,mayock knows his shit when it comes to drafting jow smoe is always talking crap

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBay View Post
    I’ll give you credit where it’s deserved at least you’re willing to have your mind changed. I agree he’ll definitely need to be more consistent. They played him properly yesterday and let him play at defensive end. Not sure if I saw him at defensive tackle at all.