Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preseason 53 Week 2 prediction

Agreed, Nelson looked horrible and GB picked on him all night because of it. Nixon has looked great all pre-season will make the 53 (I think they keep Nelson as depth).

I second the surprise cut of Brandon Marshal, dude has not looked good.

I see Vanderdoes getting cut or IR and Rush making the team.

I'd be ok with Harris getting cut if it meant we kept another WR like Doss/Gafford. Gafford runs a 4.19 40 (hand timed) and showed good hands so could definitely take over KR/PR duties.

So WR core would be: AB/Williams/Renfro/Grant/Doss/Nelson with Gafford KR/PR. Nelson replaced with Ateman if he doesn't get healthy soon.
    Last edited by srfndoc; 08-23-2019 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by srfndoc View Post
    Agreed, Nelson looked horrible and GB picked on him all night because of it. Nixon has looked great all pre-season will make the 53 (I think they keep Nelson as depth).

I second the surprise cut of Brandon Marshal, dude has not looked good.

I see Vanderdoes getting cut or IR and Rush making the team.

I'd be ok with Harris getting cut if it meant we kept another WR like Doss/Gafford. Gafford runs a 4.19 40 (hand timed) and showed good hands so could definitely take over KR/PR duties.

So WR core would be: AB/Williams/Renfro/Grant/Doss/Nelson with Gafford KR/PR. Nelson replaced with Ateman if he doesn't get healthy soon.
    im just throwing this out there but i think we could afford to unload jelly/vanderdoes too,we got hankins,rush,pj hall,hurst,eastbrook and ferrell can jump inside on passing downs

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    im just throwing this out there but i think we could afford to unload jelly/vanderdoes too,we got hankins,rush,pj hall,hurst,eastbrook and ferrell can jump inside on passing downs
    Jelly has $2.25M in dead cap space this year but otherwise would have no problem with that. Eastbrook has looked solid as well.

Quote Originally Posted by srfndoc View Post
    Jelly has $2.25M in dead cap space this year but otherwise would have no problem with that. Eastbrook has looked solid as well.
    Not a significant hit. Players that don't play up to the contract get shown the door. Hankins is better and I would prefer Rush makes it over Jelly. Jelly might bring back conditional pick to a team in need of a space eater.

guys that can be cut with total savings

jalen richard 3.095 million saved
    daryl worley 3.095 million saved
    derek carrier 1.7 million saved
    keith smith 1.5 million saved
    doug martin 55k dead 1.965 million saved
    kyle wilbur 250 k dead 1.25 millionsaved
    brandon marshall 350k dead 1 million saved
    ryan grant 100k dead 1.15 million saved

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    guys that can be cut with total savings

jalen richard 3.095 million saved
    daryl worley 3.095 million saved
    derek carrier 1.7 million saved
    keith smith 1.5 million saved
    doug martin 55k dead 1.965 million saved
    kyle wilbur 250 k dead 1.25 millionsaved
    brandon marshall 350k dead 1 million saved
    ryan grant 100k dead 1.15 million saved
    No way Worley gets cut.

I agree on Marshall not having showed anything so far. But maybe he is playing it safe in the preseason. Fact is, he is still better (i think) and smarter than our backup LBs which is in my opinion our weakest spot. One starting LB injury could be tough, 2? horrendous.

Cut: Nelson, Ellis (despite dead cap, still save money), Vanderdoes, Martin (Jacobs, Richard, Washington are enough), Smith

Cutting these guys alone would save somewhere in the neighborhood of $7-9 million (don't quote me on that) I believe. Money which could be spent on a camp casualty DE/OL.

I wouldn't be so sure that Martin is a lock to make the team. Gruden wasn't in love with Martin, he only signed him this year because Crowell got hurt and is lost for the season. Martin played OK last year, but is he really deserving of a roster spot over Nixon or Rush. If Martin were realeased, he most likely wouldn't be picked up by another team. If in week one a RB got hurt, he would be available. For that reason, I think Martin won't make the 53