Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This roster is GREATLY improved

I am adding Nevin Lawson and Quinton Bell to the Cut list.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    The Packers will be a better challenge. The starters will play more.
    Packers aren't very good ether, light years better then Arizona. Very overrated. Raiders and Packers i think will fall in the 7-9 to 9-7 range.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Packers aren't very good ether, light years better then Arizona. Very overrated. Raiders and Packers i think will fall in the 7-9 to 9-7 range.
    If Rodgers stays healthy, and the commitment GB showed building that D, GB could have a big jump from last years 6 wins.

Vegas has Minny, GB, & Chic as a virtual coin flip in that div.

I think Trubisky plays like garbage & Chic falls back to earth at 8-8.

The roster went from expansion team level to having an NFL roster so, yeah, there has been a ton of improvement. We're still weak in quite a few areas and an injury or two to certain position groups will make those improvements null and void. This roster still needs a ton of work to get to being a top 10 roster in this league. Offensive line is currently a disaster with missing two starting guards to start the season.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    The roster went from expansion team level to having an NFL roster so, yeah, there has been a ton of improvement. We're still weak in quite a few areas and an injury or two to certain position groups will make those improvements null and void. This roster still needs a ton of work to get to being a top 10 roster in this league. Offensive line is currently a disaster with missing two starting guards to start the season.
    Not really sure about that, Kirkland and Sharpe were on the 12-4 team as rookies and they were doing pretty good back then...I think both players have been dealing with injuries the last few years; but I think they can step up when called....

I did like the looks on Glennen in the Cards game; might have a starting QB battle soon...

Kirkland did well in 2016 as a swing/extra tackle. Don't think he ever played guard. Sharpe is also a tackle if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    I wasn't so sure last year if Gruden was a good hire but I have to say that I have a lot of confidence in Gruden and Mayock after seeing this years roster. The upgrade to the wide receiver room and the secondary have been amazing. I think we are going to be fun to watch this season.
    Gruden's scheme is not archaic and he proved that in his first drives of games, problem is, teams make adjustments and take away our options and basically once that is taken away, we're dead in the water. Even in the preseason game we were spitting out chunks that first drive, it's a Gruden specialty, scripting the first 10 or so plays, hammering into the players on offensive and we're machine moving down field. Now with a few shiny new offensive toys on the outside and at RB, we will show a lot of different wrinkles that Gruden couldn't a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Gruden's scheme is not archaic and he proved that in his first drives of games, problem is, teams make adjustments and take away our options and basically once that is taken away, we're dead in the water. Even in the preseason game we were spitting out chunks that first drive, it's a Gruden specialty, scripting the first 10 or so plays, hammering into the players on offensive and we're machine moving down field. Now with a few shiny new offensive toys on the outside and at RB, we will show a lot of different wrinkles that Gruden couldn't a year ago.
    our offense once a.b is on the field and taking double coverage will be unstoppable imo

derek carr keeps his almost 70% accuracy with ab,twill,jjnelson,renfro,waller and josh jacobs ...watch the hell out

i agree with the quality of depth. next year I wanna see some fresh LBs and O-line guys.

70% is nice and generally indicative of an efficient offense. Doesn't mean shit if you're not moving the chains and most importantly, putting up points.

Carr has plenty to prove this year. With all the new and improved toys at his disposal he better come through.