Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hard Knocks....episode 2..thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBay View Post
    Anywhere to watch it free? Iím too broke for hbo
    you can do a 7 day trial for hbo for free then cancel. I did the trial with my amazon prime, but im sure you can do it straight with HBO...

the way i did it was waited to Wednesday to start the 7 day trial (because HBO replays the tuesdays initial show again on wednesday, so i saw week one on wednesday, then i was still able to see week 2 on tuesday when it was originally broadcast, so i got two weeks out of it before i cancelled.

after week one someone posted the full episode on youtube, so i haven't looked again to see if its posted on youtube each week, but it probably is. I'll look a little later and report back. If you only have to wait one day to see on youtube, thats better then paying HBO.

to be honest, the two shows so far haven't been great. I liked it because it was the Raiders, but i was execting a lot better. And this is the first time I've watched hard knocks,,, because who gives a fvck about any other team

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyRaider View Post
    Fuck Hard Knocks. And HBO.
    Guess Philly doesn’t like Hard Knocks or HBO LOL

I’ve been a hard core fan for over 50 years. I’ve been to road games from London to Seattle. As a season ticket holder, I’ve been to more games in Oakland then I can count, starting in 1968. Been on the sideline for warmups. Toured the facilities, locker room and tossed footballs on their practice fields. I’ve peaked inside Al’s office and sat in the press room.

I’ve drank with Kenny Stabler while making fun of Villapiano, stood in the lobby of the Seattle Westin with Al Davis and talked football, even got a “ The Greatness of the Raiders…” out of him. Already posted about going to training camp, which is a kick. My point is I have had a lifetime of Raider experiences.

But this Hard Knocks is something different. There is nothing there that we have not heard about before. The rookies having to sing, coaches yelling and swearing. The in game interaction between Gruden and players. But to actually see it and be inside the meeting, to hear it all, for me has been fantastic. Can’t get enough of it. I don’t understand why all Raider fans are not eating this up. Don’t see it happening again in my lifetime. Enjoy it while you can. It’s a onetime look from the inside.

I personally don’t buy into the distraction stuff. The Raiders create plenty of that on their own. They do have editing rights, so nothing can be shown that they do not want to be seen.

But hey, to each his own. If you don’t like the idea, don’t watch. I think you are missing out. But you can bet what channel my TV will be tuned into the next 3 Tuesdays a 7 PM. HBO

AFL_RAIDER
    Last edited by AFL_RAIDER; 08-15-2019 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AFL_RAIDER View Post

I’ve been a hard core fan for over 50 years. I’ve been to road games from London to Seattle. As a season ticket holder, I’ve been to more games in Oakland then I can count, starting in 1968. Been on the sideline for warmups. Toured the facilities, locker room and tossed footballs on their practice fields. I’ve peaked inside Al’s office and sat in the press room.

I’ve drank with Kenny Stabler while we making fun of Villapiano, stood in the lobby of the Seattle Westin with Al Davis and talked football, even got a “ The Greatness of the Raiders…” out of him. Already posted about going to training camp, which is a kick. My point is I have had a lifetime of Raider experiences.

But this Hard Knocks is something different. There is nothing there that we have not heard about before. The rookies having to sing, coaches yelling and swearing. The in game interaction between Gruden and players. But to actually see it and be inside the meeting, to hear it all, for me has been fantastic. Can’t get enough of it. I don’t understand why all Raider fans are not eating this up. Don’t see it happening again in my lifetime. Enjoy it while you can. It’s a onetime look from the inside.

I personally don’t buy into the distraction stuff. The Raiders create plenty of that on their own. They do have editing rights, so nothing can be shown that they do not want to be seen.

But hey, to each his own. If you don’t like the idea, don’t watch. I think you are missing out. But you can bet what channel my TV will be tuned into the next 3 Tuesdays a 7 PM. HBO

AFL_RAIDER
    Well said AFL. We have had players mic'd up and new video going up on the Raiders youtube daily for a couple years now....distraction, some of the players made it known they're mic'd up....that isn't from HBO, the Raiders have allowed that for our consumption on youtube or their official site.....so a few extra camera men, an interview or 2 more. The Raiders have run video of OTA's, mini camp and now training camp, sure it's watered down, but still the cameras are there. Agreed, this is a look we as fans never get.

I’ve drank with Kenny Stabler while we making fun of Villapiano, stood in the lobby of the Seattle Westin with Al Davis and talked football, even got a “ The Greatness of the Raiders…” out of him. Already posted about going to training camp, which is a kick. My point is I have had a lifetime of Raider experiences.

AFL_RAIDER
    Has any team ever benefitted from being on Hard Knocks?

I see how some fans can like it, but I'm not one of them. What's going on between the coaches and players in the meeting rooms should stay between them.

No need for all the bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyRaider View Post
    Has any team ever benefitted from being on Hard Knocks?

I see how some fans can like it, but I'm not one of them. What's going on between the coaches and players in the meeting rooms should stay between them.

No need for all the bullshit.
    Well, its like I said Philly, to each his own. But I am sure enjoying Gruden cussing up a storm. With the exception of 2016, there hasn't been much to smile about as a Raider fan in a long time. Seeing Jon get on these guys is giving me some hope.

AFL_RAIDER

Well, its like I said Philly, to each his own. But I am sure enjoying Gruden cussing up a storm. With the exception of 2016, there hasn't been much to smile about as a Raider fan in a long time. Seeing Jon get on these guys is giving me some hope.

AFL_RAIDER
    I mean it's not a secret Gruden cusses and gets bent out of shape lol. I can see how you'd be entertained.

Just an FYI - Josh Jacobs was saying on Twitter that he's been avoiding the HBO cameras so that might be why he's barely on it. Maybe he doesn't want to be forced into talking about his past or whatever or maybe he's just camera shy and wants to be left alone.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    Just an FYI - Josh Jacobs was saying on Twitter that he's been avoiding the HBO cameras so that might be why he's barely on it. Maybe he doesn't want to be forced into talking about his past or whatever or maybe he's just camera shy and wants to be left alone.
    Jacobs also said the game is already starting to slow down for him. This kid is going to be a monster.

The series is OK in that it gives us an insider's view to training camp. Enjoy watching the meetings, interactions between the coaches and players, and the footage of the practices and scrimmages is pretty good.

Can do without the pieces showing Maxx getting tatooed, Abram and Clelin horseback riding, Carr playing with his kids.

More interested in the stuff that's directly football related. But I guess the look into the player's personal lives comes with the territory.

Probably wouldn't watch Hard Knocks if it wasn't the Raiders being spotlighted.

Quote Originally Posted by LaRaider2010 View Post
    you can do a 7 day trial for hbo for free then cancel. I did the trial with my amazon prime, but im sure you can do it straight with HBO...

the way i did it was waited to Wednesday to start the 7 day trial (because HBO replays the tuesdays initial show again on wednesday, so i saw week one on wednesday, then i was still able to see week 2 on tuesday when it was originally broadcast, so i got two weeks out of it before i cancelled.

after week one someone posted the full episode on youtube, so i haven't looked again to see if its posted on youtube each week, but it probably is. I'll look a little later and report back. If you only have to wait one day to see on youtube, thats better then paying HBO.

to be honest, the two shows so far haven't been great. I liked it because it was the Raiders, but i was execting a lot better. And this is the first time I've watched hard knocks,,, because who gives a fvck about any other team
    HBO uploaded just the premier episode to get people enticed. Episode 2 was only clips. I think it will only be clips on youtube for now.