Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown Grievance To Wear Old Helmet Denied

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    When you said Brown's helmet was not 10 years old, you were wrong. PFT is reporting that the NFL has approved Brown wearing the helmet model he wants — the Schutt AiR Advantage — if he finds a helmet that fits him and is less than 10 years old. He reportedly has an extensive search under way. In the meantime, he has posted on Instagram that he is looking forward to rejoining his teammates on the field.
    I wasn't wrong. You don't understand. I said his model is over 10 years old.

You tried to say he was wearing one helmet for 10 years when he hasn't been in the league for 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    It’s also about comfort and how he can see & perform.

People & the media don’t realize how tough it is to be running down the sideline at 4.4 speed with an equally as fast guy on your hip fighting for a ball chucked 50 yards down the field.
    All while keeping your head still so you can focus on the ball.
    Their pads, shoes, gloves, tape, and most importantly, the comfort of your helmet need to be just right.

So of course he’ll fight for his comfort & what best fits his needs.

The media always needs something to talk about.
    Easy target
    I understand all of that so no need to explain. Comfort comes a distant second to safety.

Comfort and sight can't be much of an issue at all. Who makes a football helmet for a wide receiver you can't see out of?

This whole thing is ridiculous and boils down to AB being a fucking diva asshole who needs attention.

If not, I wonder if Schutt still has the mold and can make a new helmet for Brown.
    See the problem for Schutt IMHO is whatever money AB is willing to give them, doesnt change the potential marketing downfall of a helmet company agreeing to sell an outdated, not up to standards product. If you make a living protecting atheletes heads and brains, it kind of goes against your mission statement.

The secondary market could work but at best he finds a helmet for this year and mahbe next. If he wants to catch Jerry Rice at some point he will need something more recent.

Just a side note. I remember AB posted a video of him bying a freaking 1 Million dollar watch in France.

I hope whoever is put in position to sell him an Air Advantage helmet his size from 2011 is wise enough to ask for just that. 1 Million USD. And then say: whats the matter dude its more important then a 1 Million dollars watch that doesnt get you to meetings on time anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyRaider View Post
    I understand all of that so no need to explain. Comfort comes a distant second to safety.

Comfort and sight can't be much of an issue at all. Who makes a football helmet for a wide receiver you can't see out of?

This whole thing is ridiculous and boils down to AB being a fucking diva asshole who needs attention.
    You obviously don’t understand it.

You tried to say he was wearing one helmet for 10 years when he hasn't been in the league for 10 years.
    It is being widely reported that Brown can wear an AiR Advantage helmet on the field if he can find one that is less than 10 years old. The AiR Advantage model was not banned by the NFL. You don't understand. Its not the model. It is the age of the actual helmet Brown uses. It was manufactured over 10 years ago. Schott didn't change the model since they began manufacturing it, so why would one be different from another? Its the age of the actual helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    can they reproduce it under new specs and not change the helmet under the new specs ??? im sure a.b has called or talked to em if the issue is only becuase the thing is over 10 yrs old
    The helmet model was never banned. Schutt just stopped manufacturing it. If it actually gives AB better vision on the field, it might be worth the effort by Schott to manufacture it again. Possibly with updates. Other players may also like it.

CBS Sports is reporting that Brown's representatives have been in contact and the league has approved the receiver wearing his desired helmet model -- a Schutt AiR Advantage. The stipulation is that he needs to find one that fits him, is in good condition and less than 10 years old. How can you explain this other than the NFL is fine with the model, but Brown's actual helmet was manufactured over 10 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    You obviously don’t understand it.
    Yes I do. How can you tell me something from 10 or more years ago is better, more comfortable and less intrusive than something made this year with the most modern technology available?

CBS Sports is reporting that Brown's representatives have been in contact and the league has approved the receiver wearing his desired helmet model -- a Schutt AiR Advantage. The stipulation is that he needs to find one that fits him, is in good condition and less than 10 years old. How can you explain this other than the NFL is fine with the model, but Brown's actual helmet was manufactured over 10 years ago?
    Because the NFL knows there isn't a model under 10 years old that's available to him. Hence, a back door way to force him to wear a new one while silencing the issue civilly.