Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown Grievance To Wear Old Helmet Denied

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar

Antonio Brown Grievance To Wear Old Helmet Denied

was there any question that the league would deny a.b ???

So 2 things, first the media, who, said he would retire if he can't wear his helmet?

Why can't AB's agents, etc, got to Schutt or whatever helmet maker, request to reproduce a helmet for AB. Seems the reason why the ruling board on helmets can't approve AB's dome is that it's over 10 years old and the board can't approve anything over 10 years old, why not reproduce it?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    So 2 things, first the media, who, said he would retire if he can't wear his helmet?

Why can't AB's agents, etc, got to Schutt or whatever helmet maker, request to reproduce a helmet for AB. Seems the reason why the ruling board on helmets can't approve AB's dome is that it's over 10 years old and the board can't approve anything over 10 years old, why not reproduce it?
    can they reproduce it under new specs and not change the helmet under the new specs ??? im sure a.b has called or talked to em if the issue is only becuase the thing is over 10 yrs old

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    can they reproduce it under new specs and not change the helmet under the new specs ??? im sure a.b has called or talked to em if the issue is only becuase the thing is over 10 yrs old
    Still has to go through rigorous new testing

I really don't understand what his problem is. Shouldn't you WANT to wear the most protective gear possible in the most violent game there is?

The real issue is the helmet wear, or age to be specific. If he can find one on the market from 2011 its good. If makes Schutt produce one (strongly doubt they would for any amount of money), its good.

He just posted he was looking foward to returning so things are moving in the good direction.

Realisticaly speaking here is what I can see happening ;

-Find one from 2010 or 2011 to use right now and work with a company to customize a design to his preference.

-Make a choice of whats available now and customize it to whatever extent if offered. Maybe still work with a company on a design for the future (these things can take months to design, manufacture, certify...).

I think you can see it as a problem with a short term solution and a more permanent one following.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyRaider View Post
    I really don't understand what his problem is. Shouldn't you WANT to wear the most protective gear possible in the most violent game there is?
    It’s also about comfort and how he can see & perform.

People & the media don’t realize how tough it is to be running down the sideline at 4.4 speed with an equally as fast guy on your hip fighting for a ball chucked 50 yards down the field.
    All while keeping your head still so you can focus on the ball.
    Their pads, shoes, gloves, tape, and most importantly, the comfort of your helmet need to be just right.

So of course he’ll fight for his comfort & what best fits his needs.

The media always needs something to talk about.
    Easy target

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyRaider View Post
    When you said Brown's helmet was not 10 years old, you were wrong. PFT is reporting that the NFL has approved Brown wearing the helmet model he wants — the Schutt AiR Advantage — if he finds a helmet that fits him and is less than 10 years old. He reportedly has an extensive search under way. In the meantime, he has posted on Instagram that he is looking forward to rejoining his teammates on the field.

I think there is a good chance a Schutt AiR Advantage helmet that is under 10 years old is out there and Brown will offer enough money to get it. If not, I wonder if Schutt still has the mold and can make a new helmet for Brown.