Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 227

Thread: Antonio Brown Grievance To Wear Old Helmet Denied

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    I wonder if the staff even knew about his feet until he couldn't make cuts at full speed.
    Mayock admitted to knowing soon after it happened. I'm sure AB's reps notified the Raiders. In addition all the players go through a physical before field work.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    The NFL told him he can wear the exact model he wants as long as it was manufactured less than 10 years ago. Schutt produced the AiR Advantage until 2011, that means there were helmets produced that are 8 years old. If Brown finds one of those helmets, which IS the exact model he likes, the NFL will allow him to use it.

    If Brown's current helmet is less than 10 years old, please explain all of this. You can't. He may not have been in the league for 10 years, but the actual helmet he has worn for his entire NFL career was manufactured over 10 years ago. He had that same exact helmet repainted after he signed with the Raiders.
    And you know this how? Because you personally saw him take his helmet from Pittsburgh to Oakland and watched them repaint it?

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyRaider View Post
    And you know this how? Because you personally saw him take his helmet from Pittsburgh to Oakland and watched them repaint it?
    Unbelievable. Where do you think he got the helmet? Are you ready to admit you were 100% WRONG about the age of Brown's current helmet?

  4. #44
    The helmets have been disallowed no matter the age. This is not a car seat issue.

  5. #45
    "Drew Rosenhaus, the agent for the unhappy Raiders wide receiver, told Pro Football Talk on Tuesday that Brown was able to corral “a few” versions of his favored helmet that were manufactured in 2010. That date is key because, under safety rules agreed upon by the league and the NFL Players Association, no player can use a helmet that is more than 10 years old. If all goes well, and Brown can get his hands on a AiR Advantage or two made in 2011, then he could be set for the next two years."

    The whole thing was to get the NFL to let him use HIS old helmet, not the helmet model. The ENTIRE thing is manufactured by the press...mostly the Pittsburgh Steeler press so they can make him look bad. Seriously...What has AB done? He came in to training camp but couldn't practice because of an injury. Then he had filed a Grievance with the NFL (which is his right). Everyone then said Brown said he would retire...but actually the headlines said this..."Antonio Brown reportedly says he'd retire over helmet: Here's why it's now banned by the NFL". REPORTEDLY....Another article says "PER SOURCES"...so he NEVER said it...yet every news outlet is saying he did.

    I am looking at what AB DOES...not what "SOURCES SAY" and "PER SOURCES". He never said anything publicly about his helmet issues until AFTER the decision. So why does everyone call him a Diva? Because he filed a Grievance to wear a helmet he is comfortable with? It's his right. That Grievance gave him all of his options and one was to find the same model helmet made within the last 10 years. Which he did. Look he is a Raider..we should be rooting for him to win...He has connected with Derek Carr, worked out and stayed in shape in the offseason, practiced with Derek Carr on his own time and all people are saying is he is a Diva because of a Hot Air Balloon and reports that dont have an actual source listed. "Sources say" he was AWOL and the team didn't know where he was...that again wasn't true and the Raiders have said they told him to rehab and get Laser Treatment. So again...false reports...even Gruden said that the info out there isn't true. So what we ACTUALLY know...he showed up to training camp even though he was injured. He practiced and couldn't practice half speed and the coaches were worried he would prolong the injury or make it worse so the shut him down "take his helmet" so he couldn't practice. So he went where he could get he best treatment and recover the fastest..and is now back at training camp. Does that sound like a Diva? No...sounds like a guy trying to work and practice.
    Last edited by jrhone; 08-13-2019 at 05:14 PM.

  6. #46
    The NFL Network guys and others have said that particular model has been disallowed by the NFL, no matter any of the helmets' ages. Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers wore the same model and can no longer wear them.

    I don't think AB finding a model less than 10 years is going to help him.

    As for him retiring, he posted a movie quote on Instagram and everybody misinterpreted that as him threatening to retire. It was just a quote of what he was feeling at the time - not necessarily a statement.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Unbelievable. Where do you think he got the helmet? Are you ready to admit you were 100% WRONG about the age of Brown's current helmet?
    I've already said his model is over 10 years old. Show proof that he's used one helmet his whole career.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyRaider View Post
    I've already said his model is over 10 years old. Show proof that he's used one helmet his whole career.
    You said the actual helmet AB uses is not 10 years old. Not the model, but the actual helmet. If this is true, why is AB making an offer on Twitter for a helmet of the same exact model that was manufactured in 2011 or 2010? This information is all over the web. You stated on this forum that AB's helmet was NOT over 10 years old and multiple articles are stating that the reason he is not allow to wear his personal helmet is because it is in fact over 10 years old. If AB didn't bring the helmet from Pittsburgh, where did he get it?

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    You said the actual helmet AB uses is not 10 years old. Not the model, but the actual helmet. If this is true, why is AB making an offer on Twitter for a helmet of the same exact model that was manufactured in 2011 or 2010? This information is all over the web. You stated on this forum that AB's helmet was NOT over 10 years old and multiple articles are stating that the reason he is not allow to wear his personal helmet is because it is in fact over 10 years old. If AB didn't bring the helmet from Pittsburgh, where did he get it?
    You can't be this stupid. Players have more than one helmet. Just a couple of years ago teams used multiple helmets to match throwbacks and alternate uniforms.

    You do know this, right?

  10. #50
    zz
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyRaider View Post
    You can't be this stupid. Players have more than one helmet. Just a couple of years ago teams used multiple helmets to match throwbacks and alternate uniforms.

    You do know this, right?
    Why is AB asking for a helmet on Twitter? You can't answer that question without admitting you are wrong.
    You make a BS statement on the forum and call someone stupid for pointing out your mistake.
    Last edited by Johnkr; 08-14-2019 at 07:35 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •