Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Punters not inspiring

Punters not inspiring

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/...-ups-intensity

There isn’t much to like about the punter competition. The duo of Johnny Townsend and AJ Cole doesn’t inspire confidence. Townsend’s sending sad trombones while Cole is shanking punts. And sometimes they switch roles. The only potential you see is in the occasional booming punt from Cole. But there are far too many ugly ones for the couple blasts to make up for it.
    Is it time to try someone else?

Still baffled...
    Fu#k The Rest

Is there nobody else for Gru to take a look at? Amazing?

It’s because Gruden doesn’t want admit he wasted at 5th on a POS punter his first draft back....it’s pride

Quote Originally Posted by Garner25 View Post
    Still baffled...
    please sign a punter that can actually punt

Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyHater View Post
    Is there nobody else for Gru to take a look at? Amazing?
    yeah,this one has me scratching my head,townsend sucks ball

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBay View Post
    It’s because Gruden doesn’t want admit he wasted at 5th on a POS punter his first draft back....it’s pride
    im hoping this is not the case and were just waiting for cuts to add a punter cause townsend sucks

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    im hoping this is not the case and were just waiting for cuts to add a punter cause townsend sucks
    I know it's only the beginning of camp, but it sounds like both of these guys are terrible. They should at least bring in some other punters for a try out. I know they are being patient with Townsend, but it sounds like he did nothing to improve himself over the off season. Cole is beating Townsend, but he is not much better. If we get pinned in the end zone, the other team will immediately be in FG range.

Maybe Gruden plans to go for it on 4th down no matter what the field position is. LOL

book me a flight i can kick balls

Mayock will be scouting the heck out of every other team punter battles Im sure, as well as refreshing his "ready list". Like kicker last year our real punter is probably not on the roster right now.

I heard Cole had a couple really good ones. If he can find consistancy in camp and preseason, he can win the job.